U23s - Reading vs Manchester United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Chong goes past his man down the right side, cuts it back for Traore who finishes brilliantly. 1-2.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Excellent flank play by Chong to beat his man one on one with a good dribble to set up Traore to put United back in front 1-2.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I didn't doubt Chong for a second with that chance. 1-3.

lysglimt

Scout
3-1 Chong - keeper once again gives the ball away. Chong goes past on defender and hammers it into the corner

lysglimt

Scout
Never before has the expression "against the run of play" been more accurate. Reading could have scored 3-4 goals in the space of 5 minutes

top1whoisman

Scout
Time for Traore to take a game by the scruff of the neck at this level or he'll be on his way out in the Summer. Not sure he's up to it though.
He's been good tonight but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in on the bench in the Belgian league or something in a couple of years.

Thiagoal

Chong seems to be developing nicely! Seems to be bulking up and improving his decision making! An interesting player, hope we tie him down to a new deal!

top1whoisman

Scout
We've got some seriously talented midfielders at the club - Levitt, Garner, McCann, Galbraith, Puigmal, even Helm... Would be lucky if one of them has a decent career at United, but they're a joy to watch.

top1whoisman

Scout
Oh and I forgot one, perhaps the most talented one, of them :lol: Mejbri on for Helm, who was quiet tonight.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is is just me or are the Reading lads significantly superior physically? Reading look a big physical side.

lysglimt

Scout
We've got some seriously talented midfielders at the club - Levitt, Garner, McCann, Galbraith, Puigmal, even Helm... Would be lucky if one of them has a decent career at United, but they're a joy to watch.
Many of them could succeed - but I would say Garner, Levitt and Mejbri have by far the bigger chance.

mattsville

Yep the difference in our u23 setup since Ole came in is amazing, we are way more confident and attacking and they have to be looking at the amount of opportunities that are to be had in the 1st under Ole and it has to be a huge motivation.

top1whoisman

Scout
Many of them could succeed - but I would say Garner, Levitt and Mejbri have by far the bigger chance.
Agree with that, just going by the reality that it's not many of even the most talented ones who make it at United or any other big club.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yep the difference in our u23 setup since Ole came in is amazing, we are way more confident and attacking and they have to be looking at the amount of opportunities that are to be had in the 1st under Ole and it has to be a huge motivation.
Getting rid of Sbragia has, not surprisingly, made a big difference too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mejbri with a great run through the midfield on the counter leaving one player for dust to setup Hoogewerf for 4-1 to United.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 1-4.

Could've been a whole different story if Reading had finished their chances, but after surviving those we were really good going forward. Traore, Puigmal, Chong & Galbraith the best players tonight in my opinion. Oh and Kovar, again.

lysglimt

Scout
Well it wasn't a particularly good performance from us - and we still end up winning 4-1 with so many players missing. Says it all really.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
FT 1-4.

Could've been a whole different story if Reading had finished their chances, but after surviving those we were really good going forward. Traore, Puigmal, Chong & Galbraith the best players tonight in my opinion. Oh and Kovar, again.
You know, after watching our first team waste chances and not put teams away, I’ll take our kids finishing like that even after being under pressure

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nice win. I'm a big fan of Puigmal and Galbraith partnering eachother in midfield. I prefer both of them to Garner and Levitt, to be honest.

Overall, I'd say the best player in the pitch was Readings number 10, though. Pretty impressive! Michael Olise I think he was.

mu4c_20le

Chong did the same cut back when he came on against AZ, at the senior level the defending ain't like that. Still think he would do really well in the dutch leagues mind.

Pearson

Huge mistake by the assistant. Reading player was away there and he was in his own half (aka onside) when the pass was played.
Want to know how Hoogewerf was doing last night?

He has been inconsistent since coming in United, but seemed gaining momentum for last two games.

Really liked him and Hannibal. Not born in Man United acadedy, but looks natural fit at Man United.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Want to know how Hoogewerf was doing last night?

He has been inconsistent since coming in United, but seemed gaining momentum for last two games.

Really liked him and Hannibal. Not born in Man United acadedy, but looks natural fit at Man United.
He needs to start praying to jesus, allah and buddha for a McT type growth spurt. Not sure if he has a career leading the frontline at 5ft 6in in the modern age.