U23s vs Southampton

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Pellistri's enjoying this match. He just nutmegged a Southampton player and tried to nutmeg the same player again! :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pellistri's enjoying this match. He just nutmegged a Southampton player and tried to nutmeg the same player again! :lol:
Did he wait for him to catch up just to try it again :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Reece Devine's also looked very good at left back. He's stopped everything in front of him, and coming forward, he's been assured on the ball even though he's somewhat safe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The United players are clearly doing their utmost to make up for the surprising yet deserved loss to West Ham, but there have been many occasions where they try too hard and not go for something simpler. Recently, Puigmal got on the ball for a counter, and instead of playing it to Elanga, he decided to bring it forward on his own before attempting a tougher pass.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Game over. Puigmal just finished of a pretty good counterattack with United's 3rd.

Fernandez gets the ball in our 3rd, and he keeps it with lots of composure whilst surrounded by 3-4 Southampton players. He then plays it back to Fish, who plays an accurate first-time pass to Hoogewerf. Dillon takes a touch to settle on the ball before playing a good through pass to Shoretire. Shoretire slows down a bit on the ball, and with Hoogewerf breaking forward through the middle, Shoretire plays a pass to Puigmal, who's completely free on the right flank. Puigmal takes a touch to set himself up for a powerful shot, which is saved by Southampton's keeper though rebounded back to the middle of the box. Puigmal then stretches in with his right foot and bends the ball inside the far post.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Game over. Puigmal just finished of a pretty good counterattack with United's 3rd.

Fernandez gets the ball in our 3rd, and he keeps it with lots of composure whilst surrounded by 3-4 Southampton players. He then plays it back to Fish, who plays an accurate first-time pass to Hoogewerf. Dillon takes a touch to settle on the ball before playing a good through pass to Shoretire. Shoretire slows down a bit on the ball, and with Hoogewerf breaking forward through the middle, Shoretire plays a pass to Puigmal, who's completely free on the right flank. Puigmal takes a touch to set himself up for a powerful shot, which is saved by Southampton's keeper though rebounded back to the middle of the box. Puigmal then stretches in with his right foot and bends the ball inside the far post.
Wow. Like I was there! Thanks mate

Sea-Cow

Can you write up a running description of all our youth matches? Cheers mate!

Sea-Cow

Reece Devine's also looked very good at left back. He's stopped everything in front of him, and coming forward, he's been assured on the ball even though he's somewhat safe.
If Devine was at LB, where was Fernandez playing?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Just like to say a special thank you to Puigmal. Having watched about 88 total minutes of the match, I had somehow managed to miss all three earlier goals and their replays. At least I got to catch the one that killed it off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wow. Like I was there! Thanks mate
I'm glad you liked that description, though I thought I could have done a better job with it. :)

Can you write up a running description of all our youth matches? Cheers mate!
I can try as long as work doesn't keep me held back.

He/she clearly enjoys it! Great stuff
It's probably why I took the time to write that.

To be fair, a few other posters in this thread have done a good job of keeping track of the events.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'm glad you liked that description, though I thought I could have done a better job with it. :)

I can try as long as work doesn't keep me held back.

It's probably why I took the time to write that.

To be fair, a few other posters in this thread have done a good job of keeping track of the events.
Well it was as good as the radio descriptions when they only have seconds to describe the action so you get a flavour of the action. Only you wrote it!

Sea-Cow

He was at right back. He did surprisingly well there despite being left-footed. I guess him being relatively comfortable with his right foot helps him out.
Ahh thanks. And that is good to hear about him. Someone with cool hair like that deserves to have a long career at the highest level.

lysglimt

Scout
Well it was as good as the radio descriptions when they only have seconds to describe the action so you get a flavour of the action. Only you wrote it!
Here are the classified football results with James Alexander Gordon:

Manchester United 3 - Southampton 1

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Important win after the disappointing result against West Ham, a solid performance and all of our goals were very nice therefore everyone should be happy :)

We can be pleased with our season so far.....some good results (We are just 3 points behind the league leaders and in the knock-out round of the EFL-Trophy), many good performances and few players have improved their level too.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Would like to see how Puigmal plays at higher level. Hes been another level this year and I was really worried he would fall off

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Really pleased to see Devine get his form back. Fernandez has got the limelight but Devine was one of my favourites from last season. Good in both defence and attack.

Fernandez switched to right and was as composed as he was at LB. Signs of really good player I guess that they are comfortable anywhere they play.

Puigmal needs to be convinced. With Mata leaving in near future, he definitely has a chance here. More so than Barcelona anyway.

Shoretire has really impressed me. He is just 16 so he still struggles to impose himself but he has the technique and there are moments in the game that he really shines through. Will get consistent, we just need to be patient. Quite exciting talent. Just curious where he will end up.

After poor start, U23 team has really improved. Great signs.

Football United

Facundo Pellistri performance vs Southanmpton u23s. Pellistri scored his first goal for United u23s assisted by Shola Shoretire. Pellistri had an excellent game and his close ball control and first touch were standout qualities.

saeed

it seems this team is one of the best Under 23 teams of past years