UEFA Champions League 18/19 Matchday 2 fixtures (2nd - 3rd October 2018)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Can't decide which early KO to watch tonight (might just watch both side by side).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't decide which early KO to watch tonight (might just watch both side by side).
Think the hof/city game should be good fun.

Juve will comfortably beat YB.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Aye probably, but I guess we'll see if Juve decide to hold back a bit or not with their team selection.

Hoffenheim looked really good last time out in the CL.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
De Ligt versus Lewandowski, time to show the world you're the real deal kid.

LVG said about tonight this Ajax team is no worse than Ajax in 1995. I'd say it got lost in translation, but he said it in my language so myea, delusional git. Hope Ajax can come away with a result, but I doubt it.

Also interesting to see Justin Kluivert who will start for Roma allegedly. Hasn't made an impact so far and I still think his most remarkable trait is his last name, but hope to be proven wrong. At least Plzn is shite enough for him to get something done hopefully.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Saturday night I met a couple of Psv fans at San Siro watching the Inter game against Cagliari, it was fun and interesting catch we've talked for a little about football and they looked confident about the home game against us Tomorrow.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It’s a shame Tottenham-Barcelona and Napoli-Liverpool are on at the same time

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It’s a shame Tottenham-Barcelona and Napoli-Liverpool are on at the same time
Aye it sucks, especially when the early KO's are a bit lackluster.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Heard you can pay at the gate for the United game tonight. Has that ever happened at Old Trafford for a Champions League game?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
De Ligt versus Lewandowski, time to show the world you're the real deal kid.

LVG said about tonight this Ajax team is no worse than Ajax in 1995. I'd say it got lost in translation, but he said it in my language so myea, delusional git. Hope Ajax can come away with a result, but I doubt it.

Also interesting to see Justin Kluivert who will start for Roma allegedly. Hasn't made an impact so far and I still think his most remarkable trait is his last name, but hope to be proven wrong. At least Plzn is shite enough for him to get something done hopefully.
I've read an article on a German site today, talking about a young midfielder called de Jong, and how he's supposed to be the new Rijkaard, Cruyff or even an improved Beckenbauer(according to Arie Haan).
Looking forward to see him play. He really that good, or can it be attributed to the otherwise general lack of WC talent Dutch football is going through right now?

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've read an article on a German site today, talking about a young midfielder called de Jong, and how he's supposed to be the new Rijkaard, Cruyff or even an improved Beckenbauer(according to Arie Haan).
Looking forward to see him play. He really that good, or can it be attributed to the otherwiese general lack of WC talent Dutch football is going through right now?
Frenkie de Jong, it's true he's very talented. The improved Beckenbauer stuff is a bit over the top ofcourse, but from what he's shown so far (especially with Holland against France) is very promising. Ajax coach Ten Hag is butchering him by playing him in defense though, which is fine against the drivel in the Dutch league, but against a team like PSV cost them dearly. If you could compare him with anything I'd say he's Daily Blind, but with infinitely better dribbling skills and a lot more nimble. All in all, a huge prospect and if rubbish Spanish media are to be believed (which they're not) Madrid are preparing an 80 million bid for him.

After this short alinea meant to hype you up, I'm afraid I'll have to end this with the fact that he's suffered a calf injury and won't play tonight.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
After this short alinea meant to hype you up, I'm afraid I'll have to end this with the fact that he's suffered a calf injury and won't play tonight.
Dang it. Otoh, should make it easier for us tonight, and no matter how good he is, we're stacked on his position anyway. Still, thanks for the info. Will try to see a bit of him in the remaining games.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone know how Can is doing at Juventus. He’s not in their starting lineup tonight.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Anyone know how Can is doing at Juventus. He’s not in their starting lineup tonight.
Decent.

They usually play with 3 midfielders. Matuidi and Pjanic are clearly above the others and should start while Bentancur, Khedira and Can will fight for the other spot.

It's the position in their squad that clearly needs most improvement but as of now it looks like Can might be ahead of the others. Not starting tonight is due to rotation and them playing 5 at the back for only the second time this season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Decent.

They usually play with 3 midfielders. Matuidi and Pjanic are clearly above the others and should start while Bentancur, Khedira and Can will fight for the other spot.

It's the position in their squad that clearly needs most improvement but as of now it looks like Can might be ahead of the others. Not starting tonight is due to rotation and them playing 5 at the back for only the second time this season.
Interesting, thanks.

I was a bit disappointed to see him go, he's clearly a talented player and letting him leave for free was a bit of a downer.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Quite fancy Aguero for a hat-trick tonight, but the odds are like 10-1 :houllier: No thanks!

piesel

Watched all Juve games, he had a good impact, really powerful and dynamic. He only needs to be a bit more tactically disciplined and i think he''ll take Khedira's place in the starting 11.

Think the guy is a little underrated.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Quite fancy Aguero for a hat-trick tonight, but the odds are like 10-1 :houllier: No thanks!
Hattrick, I'd take 1-0 through a 97th minute og and be delighted given our recent CL form.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Hattrick, I'd take 1-0 through a 97th minute og and be delighted given our recent CL form.
Aguero with 2 before half time, taken off after 60 minutes to give him extra recovery time for the weekend.

Edit: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
@Tommy Did I say 1-0, I meant 2-1... why can't we settle in fecking Europe, embarassing.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
At least they've conceded early. I expect a reaction.

ash_86

City doesn't get 5% of the shit we get when playing shit.

Kapardin

Just tuned in. Had a feeling this game was not going to be straightforward.

Nice to see City pay homage to their fans and trying their best to quit the CL.:)

el3mel

Nagelsmann will be a contender for a big job sooner or later.

padr81

Supports
Man City
City doesn't get 5% of the shit when playing shit.
The games on 2 minutes, can hardly be called out for playing shit. Poor defensive lapse but hard to judge a performance on 35 seconds.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Bonucci's pass to Dybala :drool:

ash_86

The games on 2 minutes, can hardly be called out for playing shit. Poor defensive lapse but hard to judge a performance on 35 seconds.
I'd say that's enough for our fans though.