UEFA Champions League 18/19 Matchday 2 fixtures (2nd - 3rd October 2018)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Aaargh, great attack over James and Gnabry, but James misses the sitter at the end

We're looking better without Ribery and Robben.

Jerzol78

Aaargh, great attack over James and Gnabry, but James misses the sitter at the end

We're looking better without Ribery and Robben.
In addition replace Javi with Goretzka and Boateng with Süle and this should be the starting lineup.

sh4d

Bayern just seem old... Ribery and Robben were great, but surely they need replacing?
They are old and they don't have any depth really. At this rate, they'll come to a point where they need a complete overhaul.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And Guedes elects to pass when in an excellent position, after spending the game shooting from positions he can't score from.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Who is going to survive longer, Lopetegui or Kovac? :lol:
What are the odds that both are getting binned before January?
Who will be available as replacement, though? Bring Heynckes out of retirement again? Let the old man rest, please, he earned it.

Maybe you can try the Leipzig model? Have your DoF do the coaching. Brazzo to the rescue! :D

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
We should have won at the Allianz Arena. Can't believe imI saying this :lol: what a performance from the team.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
Bayern got away with a point vs Ajax.
Ajax missed a couple of sitters.
Great much for us Ajax fans besides not winning. Nice display of good attacking football.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
what happened? my ticker said it was two yellows. time wasting?
Akinfeev was unhappy with ref not giving a free kick.

Now Akinfeev should have shut up (winning, last minute) but he just moaned at the ref and waved his hands. Ref yellows him then yellows him again (= red).

Use your common sense ref. Tell him to be quiet or worst, yellow him but red?!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Bayern got away with a point vs Ajax.
Ajax missed a couple of sitters.
Great much for us Ajax fans besides not winning. Nice display of good attacking football.
It's been good for football as a whole that Ajax has been on the rise again these past few seasons. From what little I've seen of them this year its a lot more exciting footie than the shite United puts on.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
It's been good for football as a whole that Ajax has been on the rise again these past few seasons. From what little I've seen of them this year its a lot more exciting footie than the shite United puts on.
It's easier for Ajax because whoever manages us should mostly play 'the Ajax way'. We are a team with a deep attacking philosophy. Throughout all teams in the club we try to play like this.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We should have won at the Allianz Arena. Can't believe imI saying this :lol: what a performance from the team.
This pleases me, I’ll be at ArenA for the return leg and it promises to be a hell of a game at this rate. :drool:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Who will be available as replacement, though? Bring Heynckes out of retirement again? Let the old man rest, please, he earned it.

Maybe you can try the Leipzig model? Have your DoF do the coaching. Brazzo to the rescue! :D
Dunno, i think he'll get the season even if everything goes tits up and to be fair it would be unfair to put all the blame on him. Everything that was build up over the years was pretty much torn down after Hoeneß took over again. From Sammer, Reschke, Pep to Hoeneß, Kovac, Brazzo.....bunch of clowns. Nvm the team...the old (or not so old in some cases) guard is decling, but continue to start, because there are no alternatives. The new(er) players are just not up for it. The only player who showed any desire/ability/potential to take over is permanently injured (Coman).

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It looks the Champions League is Juventus to lose atm. Maybe only Liverpool and P.S.G. can threaten them. City, Barca, Real and Bayern are all struggling.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
It looks the Champions League is Juventus to lose atm. Maybe only Liverpool and P.S.G. can threaten them. City, Barca, Real and Bayern are all struggling.
Sure as hell we know how to lose it. However its too early in the season to say anything, the real champions league starts in march.

Sjaakmeoff

De Ligt versus Lewandowski, time to show the world you're the real deal kid.

LVG said about tonight this Ajax team is no worse than Ajax in 1995. I'd say it got lost in translation, but he said it in my language so myea, delusional git. Hope Ajax can come away with a result, but I doubt it.

Also interesting to see Justin Kluivert who will start for Roma allegedly. Hasn't made an impact so far and I still think his most remarkable trait is his last name, but hope to be proven wrong. At least Plzn is shite enough for him to get something done hopefully.
and...??

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He was amazing. I especially liked his tackle on Goretzka (?) who got so frustrated he tackled him afterwards.

Think this cements his status as must have young defender for all the big clubs. Incidentally, I think Bayern wouldn't be a bad option for the guy. Though I think he'l prefer Spain if he can take his pick.

Besides De Ligt, I think Ziyech was massive yesterday, best performance I've seen from him and against this opposition. Amazing.

Games like these make me really fecking jealous :lol: Because even though I'm really happy for Ajax, it's just not true happiness, or something.