UEFA Youth League 2023/24

Demaw

That team listed is pretty poor to be honest. The only main possibility is Elyh the keeper and a tiny chance of Ogunneye and Willy K and Jayce, the rest will be in leagues a long way from the PL. This ain't going to be popular but Jackson, Nolan, Curley, Sharpe, Musa, Wheatley are pretty average footballers. They won't be with us much longer unless to prop up under 23's etc. Oyedele is okay but nothing as a stand out.
As mentioned: Fletch and Amass looks good but we have seen many of them stall from this position. Lacey will have to get quicker and bulk up/grow as he reminds me of Angel a bit and even Amad.

Bigsid

That team listed is pretty poor to be honest. The only main possibility is Elyh the keeper and a tiny chance of Ogunneye and Willy K and Jayce, the rest will be in leagues a long way from the PL. This ain't going to be popular but Jackson, Nolan, Curley, Sharpe, Musa, Wheatley are pretty average footballers. They won't be with us much longer unless to prop up under 23's etc. Oyedele is okay but nothing as a stand out.
As mentioned: Fletch and Amass looks good but we have seen many of them stall from this position. Lacey will have to get quicker and bulk up/grow as he reminds me of Angel a bit and even Amad.
Geez when i watch keeper gives oppo goals for fun. Main talents are Amass, possibly Lacey.

khoazany

Bayern were younger than us on average. Always the same excuse here, just say that United came up short. It's okay. However, we are doing very well (with a different coach and somewhat different players) in the league, I don't think I've ever been impressed by United in the Youth League. We are far behind the best in the world and it shows. IMO, we need to do something about that even though Brexit doesn't help.
We should have won both games with Copenhagen whom won the group. We lost this game with a much weaken squad.

If only people watch the games with the eyes on focus on player's development instead of dooming and glooming everytime we lost.

Same that happened on pre-season with the U18s and look at where they are now.

We do have problems of lacking on the offensive department especially after Lacey's injuries (I pointed this out many times before). Don't think anything can be done about that because the goal is never to having a perfectly balanced youth squad to maximizing winning trophies. The U18s, U19s and U21s this season are very strongly rotated and switched between (I think we do that intentionally with such a big U18s squad), so it's kinda hard to maintain some consistency of play especially with an official age group like U19s.

We produced 2 PL regulars at early 20s (Mengi and Elanga) and Mason fcking Greenwood out of the U15s squad that lost 1-9 to City back then (Mason didn't play). These squad are already much stronger than the group back then in terms of average quality. Some perspectives are needed.

I do hope to see less of the dooms and glooms and constant moaning of the main forum that leaks to here.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Mainz 05 really is on fire in this competition... Beating Barcelona and now Manchester City to reach the QF. What I found quite funny when a Mainz player mentioned in an interview that it was an advantage for them that City's players had no experience playing in front of a significant audience (7000 visitors in Mainz' sold out Bruchwegstadion) and they could use that City were kind of scared because of that :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mainz 05 really is on fire in this competition... Beating Barcelona and now Manchester City to reach the QF. What I found quite funny when a Mainz player mentioned in an interview that it was an advantage for them that City's players had no experience playing in front of a significant audience (7000 visitors in Mainz' sold out Bruchwegstadion) and they could use that City were kind of scared because of that :lol:
That's quite funny in fairness

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yeah but City only play their best players in the FA Youth Cup. 28 of their best players were in a tournament on the Moon so they had to play Raheem Sterling’s kids. Oh and Mainz’s UYL squad cost around €250m.