UEFA Youth League | United U19 vs Villarreal U19

Mickson

Good team, but I hate that we have so many injuries all the time. Would love to see Elanga, Hannibal, Mengi, Hansen etc. Hopefully, we'll progress from the group stage and play a lot of games!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Looks a good team. Pity no Hansen. Would like to see Mainoo get some good minutes. Interested to see how Shoretire Fernandez Hugill etc do coming in with u23s fitness and experience and will that make a difference. Also always interesting to see what other clubs have got going on at this level.

Zoo

Well not a good start. Soft goal conceded after a mistake from Kambwala. They’ve passed the ball much better from the off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bad defending and a stroke of good fortune gives Villareal the lead, 1-0.

AltiUn

2-0 Villareal, with their second rebound off the post :lol:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Our boys look technically good and are the better team out there, two unfortunate mistakes. Shoretire looks like he will be special, no need to rush him, he has all the tools just let him develop and Fernandez is always exciting when he gets on the ball, just need him to work on his defensive game.

AltiUn

3-0 Villareal, bit of a pasting this so far.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Looks like an awfully coached side when I compare it to Ajax u-19 yesterday.

I think the team is talented and not sure if most of them consistently have played together.

For sure Kambwala and Hardley havent played a lot with Fernandez and Jurado. Players like Hansen, Mejbri, McNeil not playing but they look like they have no clue.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the kids are getting their arses kicked - and the back four have definitely been watching the first team: awful for the first, one CB marking space and the other not even in camera shot. Second not great and third, stood and watched (although the finish was brilliant)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have to say (and I've felt this before), that when the teams below the 1st XI don't look great that it makes me wonder if there is a sickness at the heart of the club. t lad of these young lads look very lost (and, no shock here, don't see the coach doing anything about it). That said, it might be that Villareal are very very good (now absolutely nothing about their youth set up)

AltiUn

Have to say (and I've felt this before), that when the teams below the 1st XI don't look great that it makes me wonder if there is a sickness at the heart of the club. t lad of these young lads look very lost (and, no shock here, don't see the coach doing anything about it). That said, it might be that Villareal are very very good (now absolutely nothing about their youth set up)
I'm not sure that logic follows considering how good some of our youth sides looked when Mourinho was here, a more logical explanation is that Neil Wood isn't a particularly great manager.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Looks like an awfully coached side when I compare it to Ajax u-19 yesterday.

I think the team is talented and not sure if most of them consistently have played together.

For sure Kambwala and Hardley havent played a lot with Fernandez and Jurado. Players like Hansen, Mejbri, McNeil not playing but they look like they have no clue.
Agreed - and that coaching shone through on to the first team in the opening 45 against Galatasaray (could/should have been four or five up)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm not sure that logic follows considering how good some of our youth sides looked when Mourinho was here, a more logical explanation is that Neil Wood isn't a particularly great manager.
neither is Ole...which is pretty much making my point

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I hope Harry Maguire gives a few names to our coaches to watch - some of Villareal's movement has ben excellent. And the finishes were all top class

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s looking like we didn’t make any plan for them beyond play your own game and the result will come. Suckered all over the shop. Very effective pressing and direct counter play it has to be said. I think we are unlucky to be 4 down but it could finish 8 if we don’t tighten up

AltiUn

I hope Harry Maguire gives a few names to our coaches to watch - some of Villareal's movement has ben excellent. And the finishes were all top class
2 of them were tap ins, have you even been watching? :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
2 of them were tap ins, have you even been watching? :lol:
the first was - after a very good strike. plus the guy was there to finish it off rather than standing and looking. same with second. how you can say the others were tap ins is a mystery. Have you been watching?

Mickson

This is not a performance. This is an embarrassment. Picking players from all of Europe, for incredible money, and this is their showing. So disjointed.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
This tends to happen when you throw a load of kids from different countries together, City had similar issues for a while.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Agreed - and that coaching shone through on to the first team in the opening 45 against Galatasaray (could/should have been four or five up)
I think you mean Besiktas, but it is clear that there is a consistent style of coaching throughout the entire club.

It seems like that's the case at United as well to some extent.

Bigsid

This tends to happen when you throw a load of kids from different countries together, City had similar issues for a while.
Didn't they draw 1 all with 9 men against PSG. Still. Not about results at this age is it.

Bigsid

This is not a performance. This is an embarrassment. Picking players from all of Europe, for incredible money, and this is their showing. So disjointed.
Said it before. Philosophy has changed. Be very few local lads coming through going forward.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think you mean Besiktas, but it is clear that there is a consistent style of coaching throughout the entire club.

It seems like that's the case at United as well to some extent.
I do indeed mean Besiktas - and all that trouble making sure I spelt Galatasaray correctly. Still scarred by the Welcome to Hell match:)
and agree about the same at United

Mickson

If you had your way half of these lads would be on the fringes of the first team already? :angel:
Most of the good ones aren't playing today, Hannibal, Elanga, Hansen, Forson for example. I like Fernandez though. The rest I think is very mediocre. Jury out on Kambwala though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We could end up losing this by six or seven, which, obviously, would not be good for the lads' confidence