UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_goldblum

I'm sure Neil Kinnock would give that a hollow laugh if he read that.
I didn't say Blair created it, I'm saying he had the chance to end the stranglehold that had kept a truly awful succession of Tory governments in power for 18 years and he didn't. His justification for dropping that policy was that he wouldn't have gotten so much done if he'd been at war with the press, but that same press cheered the Tories on whilst they demolished most of the good things New Labour did in power and then played a huge part in the country voting to leave the EU.

Fluctuation0161

A lot of people happen to think Corbyn is neither principled nor genuine. That should be obvious to anyone who has followed the criticisms of his past.
Just look at his voting record.

Then look at the media coverage. It is even more biased than Ed Milliband got.

I notice you haven't commented on my previous post about the media coverage Milliband received. Any thoughts? Once again it seems you are only interested in anti semitism news coverage when it involves Corbyn.

Smores

:lol:

As opposed to the Labour campaign to promise free everything because they know their target voters don't care/don't understand/dont know that it all has to be paid for somehow.

I wait to hear the qualifications you possess that allow you to see what nobody else can. Or are you just another 20 something who thinks they know everything?
Feck off with that tone mister.

If you think the public are actually educated on political matters thats your own idiocy. Countless objective evidence states otherwise.

As for your assertion here it doesn't make any sense, the swing voters that will win any party an election are the same people hence why enough of the ignorant masses moved Tory after the crash, why they went brexit irrespective of party and why the still believe the same conmen. Simple lines for those with a simple understanding.

And I'm in my 30s a higher rate tax payer in financial services so im neither a typical student momentum member or after a freebie and yes I'd happily pay more for a society that i don't find repulsive.
I'm also not going to pretend that me actually bothering to keep up with wide political discourse on a daily basis for over a decade doesn't make me more equipped than those who read a Daily Mail headline and 'just want Brexit done'. I know it's unpopular to admit some know less than others but that's just reality.

hobbers

Anyone who is politically and socially joined at the hip with people like Milne and McDonnell is so clearly an unflinchingly honest butter-wouldn't-melt sort of chap.

You have to give credit to Corbyn's original team, spinning that nonsense about him being a new breed of trustworthy politician. :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone who is politically and socially joined at the hip with people like Milne and McDonnell is so clearly an unflinchingly honest butter-wouldn't-melt sort of chap.

You have to give credit to Corbyn's original team, spinning that nonsense about him being a new breed of trustworthy politician. :lol:
This is just naming boogeymen. "Stop Jeremy Corbyn" etc. Striving for workers' rights is a sign of being a conniving fraud now, or am I missing something else? Or are you genuinely just naming boogeymen at this point.

Sweet Square

This is just naming boogeymen. "Stop Jeremy Corbyn" etc. Striving for workers' rights is a sign of being a conniving fraud now, or am I missing something else? Or are you genuinely just naming boogeymen at this point.
Lets not forget, when that gay couple was attacked on the bus earlier this year, poor old hobbers was trying his best to prove it was all a conspiracy.

Like most conservatives are here, Hobbers is just in it for shit posting. Its all they've got left at this point - Corbyn owns a iPhone lolz, anyway its time to go back to kicking disabled people off their benefits.

Last edited:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Boris Johnson is an amoral cnut and the media should be doing more to highlight the fact. Not denying that at all. It doesn't mean Corbyn doesn't have legitimate flaws though or that anti-Semitism should be dismissed, just because Boris is himself a racist.
It's not just the media though. So many people just hand wave it as "yeah Boris is a cnut so what" and then go back to having the same arguments over Jeremy Corbyn again. It's letting the Tories off in a dangerous way.

Fluctuation0161

Sadly I don't agree here. If Labour put a Leave deal on the table its almost certain not to be accepted by the entire right wing pro-Leave group. They'll say its not really Brexit, talk about how we're being given a false choice etc. Indeed they may even encourage a boycott of the vote. If they manage to supress turnout - not hard after 2 general elections and 2 referendums in 4 years - then they undermine any perceived legitimacy the referendum has, and the arguments simply roll straight on. Its depressing as a Remainer myself, but I simply dont see how Labour can settle Brexit. Only a deal with credibility in the Leave camp can settle this.
I don't see how anyone can "settle" brexit to be honest. If we leave then remain could grow a movement to rejoin just like leave did. If we don't leave the grumblings will rumble on!

But, I see your point. So taking that into account. In your opinion, would it have credibility if we had a confirmatory referendum with remain or leave with The Boris Johnson deal?

Fluctuation0161

Rumours circulating that Johnson has refused the Andrew Neil Interview...

Does anyone know anything concrete about this, can’t see anything in the news yet.
Goes without saying doesn't it? He's terrible when questioned. Even if it's by a hardcore Tory.

The fact he ever had the brass neck to call Corbyn a chicken should be all over the press. How is it a democratic vote with no proper scrutiny of the incumbent candidate?

hobbers

Lets not forget, when that gay couple was attacked on the bus earlier this year, poor old hobbers was trying his best to say it was a conspiracy.

Like most conservatives are here, Hobbers is just in it for the lols(Its all they've got left at this point - Corbyn owns a iPhone lolz, anyway its time to go back to kicking disabled people of their benefits. ).
? Turned out I was right though. Those women weren't beaten up by grown men like they claimed. Some kids just threw some coins at them.

I'm not conservative either, I have a strong dislike of all of our parties. Seeing Corbyn getting crushed in this election will amuse me though, a nice silver lining to Boris being god-honest elected as PM.

Fluctuation0161

BBC should empty platform him and have Neil just saying what questions he would've asked for half an hour while citing relevant facts - but that won't happen.
Totally agree with this.

Unfortunately Andrew Neil is a massive Tory so probably won't want to do that.

Plus if the Tories get in they've already threatened channel 4's licence to broadcast for empty chairing Johnson in the climate debate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
? Turned out I was right though. Those women weren't beaten up by grown men like they claimed. Some kids just threw some coins at them.

I'm not conservative either, I have a strong dislike of all of our parties. SeeingCorbyn getting crushed in this election will amuse me though, a nice silver lining to Boris being god-honest elected as PM.

Just some kids that threw coins at them, nothing really.

What an absolutely abhorrent, risible individual you are. Completely lacking in the intellectual capacity needed to understand empathy.

hobbers

Just some kids that threw coins at them, nothing really.

What an absolutely abhorrent, risible individual you are. Completely lacking in the intellectual capacity needed to understand empathy.
Don't bring intellectual capacity into this when you're too dense to even try to understand the context of that point.

The "conspiracy" isn't that they were subjected to a horrible experience. But then I'm not the one wheeling them into a GE thread to try and secure the moral high ground. :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I'm not conservative either, I have a strong dislike of all of our parties. Seeing Corbyn getting crushed in this election will amuse me though, a nice silver lining to Boris being god-honest elected as PM.
It was a homophobic attack and they were assaulted because they were gay. To try and dismiss it as casually as you are is wrong.

EwanI Ted

I don't see how anyone can "settle" brexit to be honest. If we leave then remain could grow a movement to rejoin just like leave did. If we don't leave the grumblings will rumble on!

But, I see your point. So taking that into account. In your opinion, would it have credibility if we had a confirmatory referendum with remain or leave with The Boris Johnson deal?
Probably. They key thing is that that Tories would have to support the referendum because they back one of the options. Some people would still go Brexit party and carp on forever whatever happens, but if the Tories and Labour both backed the referendum it’d be way more credible than if only Labour did.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So it’s everyone else fault except Labor Strategists and Corbyn? Boo hoo.

You’re forgetting that 48.2% voted remain and I think many more would do so a 2nd time around. And of the 52% Leave, many would have BrExit as a secondary or tertiary voting reason, so ‘Get BrExit Done’ isn’t a guaranteed election winner at all. Labour had to attack this space

Instead Corbyn’s Messages have been sporadic, haphazard and at times utterly bizzare: free broadband, Waspi Penaions, raise extra taxes from inheritance and successful professionals, neutral on BrExit, spend unprecedented amount in public services ... it’s all over the place! They have not done their homework of finding one or two foundational benefits that a majority vote bank seeks, to make themselves electable.

Tories have done so with their ‘anyone but Corbyn’ and ‘Get BrExit done’ and Labour have no cohesive reply. You can hate the policies but many people want them. You know what you’ll get with the tories, not quite so true with Labour.
Stopped reading after "Attack the space'.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Surely the death of the party if they get into bed with the Tories again.
I don’t think so. They’ve found their niche. Tories are too right wing, so you have the Lib Dems holding the centre and keeping them in check.

Lets be honest they’re basically the John Major Conservative party. Cable aside, their last 3 leaders have been very Conservative.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Stopped reading after "Attack the space'.
Most Corbyn acolytes also stop reading anything that doesn’t suit their agenda or world view, so you have company.

Quite pathetic but do carry on moaning about how unfair it is everybody doesn’t think like comrade Corbyn.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Haha, Silly Sammsky called Corbyn a funny name! Brilliant work from Sly Sammsky

Stop Jeremy Corbyn. Vote Conservative and Stop Jeremy Corbyn. Get Brexit Done. Other soundbites.

Fluctuation0161

I don’t think so. They’ve found their niche. Tories are too right wing, so you have the Lib Dems holding the centre and keeping them in check.

Lets be honest they’re basically the John Major Conservative party. Cable aside, their last 3 leaders have been very Conservative.
Swinson very much reminds me a David Cameron. She may be his female clone.

Sweet Square

That bus altercation was quite an interesting one. Spread across every news site, met police appealing for witnesses on twitter, but not a shred of cctv footage from a 1 month prior attack, or any descriptions of the attackers...
I'm more interested in why it took a month for the news of the attack to come out. Why neither of the girls can remember clear details about any of it, particularly "how it started". Why they reported to the press that the men were in their 20s and 30s but a group of kids were eventually arrested. And why the police waited a month to appeal for witnesses to an attack, after it had been in the press, but without providing any descriptions of the attackers or cctv footage, despite the attack taking place on a nightbus with a dozen cctv cameras on board.
You were questioning the whole event. Also real classy with whole '' just threw some coins at them.'' line. Big lolz mate, you've really owned the libs here.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Haha, Silly Sammsky called Corbyn a funny name! Brilliant work from Sly Sammsky

Stop Jeremy Corbyn. Vote Conservative and Stop Jeremy Corbyn. Get Brexit Done. Other soundbites.
Thanks and I’m glad you enjoyed :cool::lol:

I’ve already stated in previous pages that I’m voting Labour, but only because of my local MP who is brilliant and not because of Corbyn who I really do dislike. Just not as much as I dislike BJ.

Corbyn has ruined any chance of Labour winning. I’m hoping BJ has done the same for the tories so we end up with a hung parliament and the country doesn’t have to face up to either of their manifestos.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Most Corbyn acolytes also stop reading anything that doesn’t suit their agenda or world view, so you have company.

Quite pathetic but do carry on moaning about how unfair it is everybody doesn’t think like comrade Corbyn.
One more for a full house on that post.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thanks and I’m glad you enjoyed :cool::lol:

I’ve already stated in previous pages that I’m voting Labour, but only because of my local MP who is brilliant and not because of Corbyn who I really do dislike. Just not as much as I dislike BJ.

Corbyn has ruined any chance of Labour winning. I’m hoping BJ has done the same for the tories so we end up with a hung parliament and the country doesn’t have to face up to either of their manifestos.
I'm voting SNP because they've promised me some oil in a jar. I think, I didn't really pay attention.

hobbers

You were literally questioning the whole event. Also real classy with whole '' just threw some coins at them.'' line. Big lolz mate, you've really owned the libs here.
Yeah I was, because it was and still is questionable to be asking for witnesses to come forward without providing any of the CCTV or any descriptions.

I don't know why you're so desperate for the moral high ground, but if it just means appearing bitter and contemptuous in every exchange, you're welcome to it. I'd rather be an edgelord for the lulz.

If you think the public are actually educated on political matters thats your own idiocy. Countless objective evidence states otherwise.
Of course they're not. But you seem to think that only applies to Tory voters, and Labour voters are all knowing.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
When leftists talk abotu Corbyn's consistency, what we mean is his consistency not on details or specific plans, but on broader questions and values. He has been fairly consistently opposed to austerity, and to foreign intervention, and for social services. There's no secret long voting history of voting for welfare cuts or privatisation. Regardless of his party's stance.
I think Johnson is fairly consistent too, as a bully who prizes power above all (a quality I don't dislike, but I dislike on whose behalf and in which direction he wields that power.)

Don't Kill Bill

Okay but your point was that it was the biggest target, and he did better than smaller targets. Now you are changing your point, I assume because you have realised that you are talking bollocks.
Vitriol to the side for a moment. All elections are unique to some extent. It has to be concerning that your man is taking on Boris fecking Johnston and there is even a race on never mind the fact that he appears to be losing.

The point is that between Corbyn and Blair there is an acceptable to most people version of opposition leader who could put enough red meat on the policy table for most left wing people to be happy and be a realist, with decent character and who may even have played the Brexit issue well. That person would be mopping the floor with Johnson.

In the last week we saw Corbyn go on the Andrew Neil interview and flat out refuse to apologies for the anti antisemitism in the Labour party. That had to be predetermined political analysis as anyone could guess that question was going to be asked.

Up jump the defenders of him to say how brilliant he was because he can't win by saying he is sorry because he did nothing wrong or whatever guff they can come up with to distract from the awful interview he had.

Only to see him get out flanked by the political mastermind that is Phillip Schofield on day time TV on his next TV interview. That's got to hurt your own sense of credibility hasn't it? As you come on here week in week out to tell us that we are the ones being manipulated by the media into thinking he is shit just as we see him being shit.

mad1max954

How else could I have worded it? The people most likely to be intentionally misled are the older generation? Which demographic is targeted by bogus gasmen and fraudster call centres more than any other?
think It pretty arrogant and shameful to suggest that older people are more gullible and pushed into voting Tory. It’s also incredibly ignorant!

Take the Waspi women? Not even mentioned in labours manifesto, almost forgotten about. then the day after the bbc debates when Johnson gets questioned and heckled, off the cuff Corbyn announces a 60 billion completely uncosted, ‘yeah we will pay for that’, vote for us! A cynical person might even call it an outright bribe!. Or does that not count as it’s labour exploiting the elderly?
Again don’t be so ignorant to suggest sThat it’s just older people that are targeted. Take uni fees (which I am not against) and free broadband, another giveaway / bribe. Clearly a direct target to the youth. It was labour pushing for young people to register to vote after all.

they are all at it and labour are the worst.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Vitriol to the side for a moment. All elections are unique to some extent. It has to be concerning that your man is taking on Boris fecking Johnston and there is even a race on never mind the fact that he appears to be losing.

The point is that between Corbyn and Blair there is an acceptable to most people version of opposition leader who could put enough red meat on the policy table for most left wing people to be happy and be a realist, with decent character and who may even have played the Brexit issue well. That person would be mopping the floor with Johnson.

In the last week we saw Corbyn go on the Andrew Neil interview and flat out refuse to apologies for the anti antisemitism in the Labour party. That had to be predetermined political analysis as anyone could guess that question was going to be asked.

Up jump the defenders of him to say how brilliant he was because he can't win by saying he is sorry because he did nothing wrong or whatever guff they can come up with to distract from the awful interview he had.

Only to see him get out flanked by the political mastermind that is Phillip Schofield on day time TV on his next TV interview. That's got to hurt your own sense of credibility hasn't it? As you come on here week in week out to tell us that we are the ones being manipulated by the media into thinking he is shit just as we see him being shit.
Vitriol aside...

You are being manipulated by the media. I think that interview was bad. Corbyn didn't handle it well. Are you happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.