UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How many times has he said Get Brexit Done, fecking hell. How many years have the Tories had to get "Brexit done!" :lol:
The best bit is when he makes out that Labour would hold things up, as if they haven't fecked it up from the very beginning and ever since.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If you believe in Corbyn's agenda or believe in a Corbyn-led government, then you've got to hold some sort of hope that there's a general decency to the public and that they're willing to elect someone who wants to alleviate poverty and reduce inequality. Otherwise there's not really any point.

Broadly speaking, a lot of Corbyn's policies are popular. People want to see the NHS properly maintained and value it. In many cases they're broadly in favour of public spending and like the idea of, say, nationalised broadband. But people liking those policies and actually being sold on someone being able to implement them in a way which will work for the country is another matter. A lot of people just don't seem to buy Corbyn as someone who will improve the country, and at this point his arguments feel like they're presented in a way that's fairly repetitive and unimaginative. I dunno, there just seems to be a lot less enthusiasm to him compared to 2017.
All of that is fair, the thing is however yeh alternative is a Tory government which has been proven to be pure evil so even if Corbyn can’t deliver at least he’s trying and believes in the right things.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Johnson's repeated 'get brexit done' is tedious but I suspect it's well-targeted at the votes he needs, aided by Corbyn refusing to take a position to the end. I've thought Corbyn has 'won' in previous interviews and debates but Boris has come back in this one

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
All of that is fair, the thing is however yeh alternative is a Tory government which has been proven to be pure evil so even if Corbyn can’t deliver at least he’s trying and believes in the right things.
I don't think the argument is that Corbyn isn't trying, or doesn't believe in the right things. But a (the?) major part of his job is to win over the public and win elections so that he can enact his party's agenda. He's completely failed at that.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
FFS Corbyn was pathetic. People don't respond to him. They needed him to savage Boris and he failed miserably.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Nick Robinson has been shit. He’s just letting them both waffle without pressing them on the issues and questions at hand.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Don't know why you guys bother watching it.

Tory mantra is lies and slogans aimed at thicko's. Has been for a while.

Their core base is already locked down. This is about sweeping up the brexit lot. They will GET IT DONE.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
BBC live blog showing this gem of a tweet from the Tory backing CapX. But, yeah, they're left wing.

It's not even a good point yet it deserved a mention from the Beeb.

Judas

Open to offers
Feel like such a mug that I keep watching these "debates". Boris saying the same shite, and idiots in the audience still eating it up, he's a genius in a way.

Smores

This is why politics is full of oxbridge debate school types to be fair. Corbyn is good at pushing his own message but he's not a great at debating.

It's frustrating even as someone who backs him that he's unwilling to play dirty in the way Boris is doing with constant lies.

Judas

Open to offers
Is anyone at all swayed by these sort of debates? Seems to be a total waste of time.
When nothing new is ever really said, I don't see how it could ever sway anyone. When you've seen one, you've seen them all, especially when it comes to Boris Brexit speech. His closing statement was nearly exactly the same as his opening one for christ sake.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
This is why politics is full of oxbridge debate school types to be fair. Corbyn is good at pushing his own message but he's not a great at debating.

It's frustrating even as someone who backs him that he's unwilling to play dirty in the way Boris is doing with constant lies.
It’s not even about playing dirty. He just needs to call the bullshit and say well that’s a lie here are the facts. feck being polite. I can’t see how that fecking “so called debate” which was just a collection of shitty soundbites we have heard for weeks now garnered any support for Labour. The only fecking plus side to this is that it will be fecking over in less than a week. Final push and then feck it whatever happens.

Kaos

Did Boris even need to turn up, could have easily just put a mop in his place with a pre-recorded tape spamming "GeT BrExIt DoNe, CoRbyn aNd StuRgEonN GovErnMeNt' on loop.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Corbyn really should have pushed much harder on the last question about lying in politics. He has the opportunity to really strike down hard on Boris creditionals and instead he tiptoes round it by being polite. He's unfortunately a decent bloke but in the wrong period of politics. He's just too polite for this era, need someone who will fight back and deliver sick burns that get thrown around on social media.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
FFS Corbyn was pathetic. People don't respond to him. They needed him to savage Boris and he failed miserably.
All he needed to do was abandon decorum and call him a liar on any one of (at least) 5 clear lies

He’s awful.

hobbers

Corbyn doesn't have the brain for anything off-the-cuff or unexpected.

He's like a wind-up toy, give him a script and put him in front of a sympathetic audience and he'll deliver an amazing performance. But he's bereft of intellect so anywhere else he just ends up looking like a mug.

Suppose it was less obvious last time because he was up against a genuine Maybot.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Labour had an open goal and they fecked it up. Corbyn fecked it up. This was it - the absolute last opportunity to hold Boris to account for all the lies and push the narrative about him being untrustworthy and he didn't do it. And now we're getting another five years of Tory rule. Well done.

fecking caravan won't be big enough to fit all the people who are disappointed in a week's time.

Ivor Ballokov

Johnson must be one of the easiest people in the world to challenge but Corbyn let him off so easily even when he was being attacked himself. Just infuriating to watch.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Labour had an open goal and they fecked it up. Corbyn fecked it up. This was it - the absolute last opportunity to hold Boris to account for all the lies and push the narrative about him being untrustworthy and he didn't do it. And now we're getting another five years of Tory rule. Well done.

fecking caravan won't be big enough to fit all the people who are disappointed in a week's time.
To make matters worse, Boris even made a joke about lying and yet Corbyn can't even provide a killer blow despite Boris fecking up.

I mean lying is not a fecking joke in politics, doing it to the entire population of a country in a significant vote should be a criminal offense for fecks sake. Especially if it's to aid in their own political and financial gain. I mean come on Corbyn, you have all the ammunition for fecks sake. It's why i've got so frustrated by him, so many missed opportunities over and over again.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

That’s what hurts. 4 words;

You. Are. A. Liar.

It would have gone so far.

Boris is a lying piece of sh1t. To lose to him is understandable. To lose by a huge margin is unforgivable.

Classical Mechanic

Surely there's no one who doesn't think Corbyn should be out for definite now if he doesn't win this election?

I mean, come on.
He’s too old, he’ll be gone. He looks tired. Fair play to him though, his term when he get re-elected will take him to over 40 years as an MP in one constituency.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It would be bloody lovely to have a passionate fiery Labour leader who loves nothing more than to roll up their sleeves and roll some body shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.