UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the exit poll is right Brexit party has been an utterly pointless entity..
disagree. not standing in Tory seats will have has an effect, just look at the no. of votes they got in the European election. It is however, the end of the party

I love how labour are now turning on Corbyn and blaming him. He was your hero an hour ago.
It was well know that a great deal of labour MPs had no faith in Corbyn - a large proportion of them will be out of a job on the morning.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Absolutely gutted and disappointed that a man that has made derogatory remarks about black people, religious minorities, women, poor people can win in such a landslide. And it's happening all over the western world. Its scary.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
We won't fight back, Tories will deliver Brexit and that will be Tories new base from now on. The old and the Brexiteers. Don't really know where the UK can go from here, Labour can go back to New Labour (puke) and attempt to recover some votes but I don't think it will make much difference. The only way Labour can get back into being competitive is if Brexit is a disaster and the Tories flog off the NHS (this imo will 100% happen now). Not straight away, but slowly using Brexit as a distraction.

I might feel differently in a week, but I have zero faith in the Tories under Boris' rule. He is the worst kind of Politician we could have in this country as PM imo.
Sadly, I can't see it being any different either.

But we shouldn't give up, we need to start with a real opposition. Most of us knew from the off Corbyn would never be elected, but were continually shouted down. Now we need to get on the same page and Labour have to pick a real leader to go again. feck knows who that is, maybe one of our resident 'experts' can tell us.

OohAahMartial

This forum, and Twitter, has been one large echo-chamber of delusion, and complete contempt for democracy, the referendum result, and hatred of Tories--and that is a lousy strategy to win over voters. Spanked back into oblivion.

Jagga7

A huge amount of xenophobes who want Brexit so immigration is vastly limited. Boris could have campaigned the most ludicrous policies and still would have got a ton of votes.
Too many idiots in this country.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It going to happen, he’s too divisive.

however, whatever your thought on him, he’s made it his mission to leave the EU and from a purely political perspective, what he’s achieved is monumental.
He's literally just said it doesn't matter if it's "half brexit".

The man is scum. I don't consider playing on racism and lies a monumental achievement.

Siorac

So talking about Labour moving back in some is suddenly giving up and alienating everyone and fecking the poor.

Yeah right, just the sort of over reaction I expect from stubborn people who just don't want to see sense.

I tell you what, let's just keep corbyn and see how many of these people you are talking about will stay Labour, in fact you can all get together in a big hall and continue to blame everyone and everything for this humiliation.
I don't give a feck about Corbyn. And the specific positions of the UK Labour Party don't matter that much.

What I'm saying is that the same thing is happening everywhere. That's the point. The US marches towards the right, the UK marches towards the right, right-wing populists are getting more popular everywhere - as a result of dissatisfaction after a long period of neoliberal centrism. And you're suggesting that we should try more of what created these issues in the first place!

Basically, it's 1938, and you're suggesting that Neville Chamberlain will surely manage to make this Hitler bloke see sense. If we just give him another couple of countries he'll be satisfied.

JonDahl

This forum, and Twitter, has been one large echo-chamber of delusion, and complete contempt for democracy, the referendum result, and hatred of Tories--and that is a lousy strategy to win over voters. Spanked back into oblivion.
Reddit as well.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How have they? How do you measure deaths under a partys rule and quantify that? How many people died under labour leadership?
Austerity (which you really don't even see them deny was a political policy anymore) cuts to vital services, the NHS, mental health services, the complete mess that is universal credit that has seen people pushed to suicide. Homelessness on the rise with people freezing to death on the streets. All whilst they can take the financial income hit on lowering things like corporation taxes. But sure keep joking about such stuff, doesn't make you come off like a complete numpty at all.

Fergies Gum

That is a shocking result for Labour but sadly not a surprise. The deathblow for Labour was advocating for a 2nd referendum and that infuriated a lot of people in the heartlands

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
In fairness I think most of the forum here would have predicted a Conservative majority despite being an echo chamber.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sadly, I can't see it being any different either.

But we shouldn't give up, we need to start with a real opposition. Most of us knew from the off Corbyn would never be elected, but were continually shouted down. Now we need to get on the same page and Labour have to pick a real leader to go again. feck knows who that is, maybe one of our resident 'experts' can tell us.
There isn't an electable leader though imo, the media will continue to smear whoever gets put in charge. The rich protect their own, it's only going to get worse as the Tories know that bare faced lies don't get challenged and more to the point, the public don't seem to care.

lewwoo

Austerity (which you really don't even see them deny was a political policy anymore) cuts to vital services, the NHS, mental health services, the complete mess that is universal credit that has seen people pushed to suicide. Homelessness on the rise with people freezing to death on the streets. All whilst they can take the financial income hit on lowering things like corporation taxes. But sure keep joking about such stuff, doesn't make you come off like a complete numpty at all.
I am a numpty. I still won though.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Who the heck is finding Boris Johnson charismatic and appealing though?
Boris is an unpopular leader, even within his own party. Things won’t end well. Starting when the general public realize that on the 31st on January Brexit isn’t done, it’s only just started.

MoskvaRed

The Tories (or Cummings to be precise) have just used the Nixon playbook to turn around in the UK the old northern red seats (southern blue seats in the US) with Brexit standing in for civil rights.

RORY65

That is a shocking result for Labour but sadly not a surprise. The deathblow for Labour was advocating for a 2nd referendum and that infuriated a lot of people in the heartlands.
Most of Labour's MPs and supporters are in favour of remain, they would have been fecked if they hadn't advocated a 2nd referendum as well. The issues they have is that Corbyn has never been popular, his approval ratings have been continually appalling, plus the fact that this country like a lot of other countries has moved way to the right.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That is a shocking result for Labour but sadly not a surprise. The deathblow for Labour was advocating for a 2nd referendum and that infuriated a lot of people in the heartlands.
You're probably right. A Corbyn social agenda alongside commitment to leave EU would have been a much better package than BJ's. Also, would mean Labour Remain voters would probably have stayed Labour, as LibDem never gets into power.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
My constituency back in the U.K. has been Labour since 1929. BBC has it as 99% likely to go Tory. Jesus fecking Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.