UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Andy Burnham's old seat is a toss-up, per the exit poll.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What is wrong with you for fecks sake? After you came out with that nonsense about buses, now you reckon the people controlling the NHS don’t have any influence over problems in the NHS. It’s fecking bizarre.
Living breathing proof of someone who has bought into the bullshit, now trying to regurgitate it and confusing himself and the rest of us.

Oo0AahCantona

And one on Sky earlier was saying results prove it wasn't about brexit.

Neither of us know for sure at this moment, but what we do know is brexit or no Labour keep losing. And this time they've been humiliated.

I just don't understand the clamour to blame brexit then keep things the same. We are going to be stuck with the Tories for a long while now, no chance Labour are coming back from this anytime soon whilst there's no actual change.
I think its because my mentality is that we currently live in a utopia... for people a hundred years ago, and the main reason for that was the desire for change and continual progression. we are currently stuck perpetuating a system that isn't going to get any better and if the labour party doesn't present a credible genuine left wing option then this is it, and it isn't good enough for the majority of people as in the standard of living for a vast chunk of the electorate is getting worse and the gap in inequality is only going to continue to widen.

To this end im not going to give up my ideological beliefs that i hold dear, to advocate for the vulnerable and those in a deterministic environments with no adequate hope for a better life, from my position of relative prosperity, because if i do and others do then my future kids wont live in a better world.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Workington gone Tory. Jesus..
very consistent theme emerging:

Labour losing votes in every Leave majority constituency. Even when those where Labour seats with prior decent majorities.
Even when Labour retain a seat, it's with a reduced majority.

Conclusion has to be that UK wants Brexit. There can be no doubt of that.

Cummings market research and finger on the pulse of the nation was spot on. UK electorate will allow BJ as much latitude and scope as it requires to 'Get Brexit Done'. Thats why they were so belligerent with things like proroguing parliament, being abusive to opposition and all BJ's other character defects. It's equally damning that Corbyn and his Momentum groupies didn't understand this.

In the end, it seems as though the Tory Toffs were representing the peoples wish, while the Labour elites where stuck in the Highgate Islington bubble.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
feck me the BBC has got Arron Banks on now. What is wrong with this organisation?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Arron Banks and Heidi Allen are having a great barney on the BBC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Heidi Allen’s got that Will’s Mum thing going on.

redshaw

Hope your son is much better.

It is when compared with the 220 or so other countries in the world. Its amazing, amongst the very best in that context.

And the public seems to disagree with you. Why is that?

On the flip side, it's been run by Labour since 1950 so those slamming tweets meant to be damning for Cons is bad for Labour.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Andy Burnham's old seat is a toss-up, per the exit poll.
Jo Swinson's too?

And Skinner?

Looks like Brexit party are going to get zero MPs but a decent (for them) % of votes. A lot of people annoyed at lack of progress re leave moving from Labour but only a small % going to Conservatives .. don't want to vote Labour but can't vote Conservative so voting Brexit as a protest vote despite knowing unlikely Brexit party will win a seat.

ManchesterYoda

What is wrong with you for fecks sake? After you came out with that nonsense about buses, now you reckon the people controlling the NHS don’t have any influence over problems in the NHS. It’s fecking bizarre.
I never said that though. Go back and read my comment, try to digest it before reacting to it.

Kaos

Jesus, never imagined a timeline where swathes of working class Labour towns fall to the most right-wing pro-austerity Tory party in decades, where the most left-wing iteration of Labour in our generation relies on the likes of Kensington as their consolation prize.

Brexit is a helluva drug :houllier:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Jo Swinson's too?

And Skinner?

Looks like Brexit party are going to get zero MPs but a decent (for them) % of votes. A lot of people annoyed at lack of progress re leave moving from Labour but only a small % going to Conservatives .. don't want to vote Labour but can't vote Conservative so voting Brexit as a protest vote despite knowing unlikely Brexit party will win a seat.
Swinson and Skinner are both likely gone, I think Leigh is a pure 50/50 right now.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think its because my mentality is that we currently live in a utopia... for people a hundred years ago, and the main reason for that was the desire for change and continual progression. we are currently stuck perpetuating a system that isn't going to get any better and if the labour party doesn't present a credible genuine left wing option then this is it, and it isn't good enough for the majority of people as in the standard of living for a vast chunk of the electorate is getting worse and the gap in inequality is only going to continue to widen.

To this end im not going to give up my ideological beliefs that i hold dear, to advocate for the vulnerable and those in a deterministic environments with no adequate hope for a better life, from my position of relative prosperity, because if i do and others do then my future kids wont live in a better world.
Who's asking you to give up your beliefs?

This is the fundamental problem here and in the Labour party, too many of you are so stark in your views, there's no budge and no thought to how any of this magical change can come about. If you aren't behind Corbyn and even dare suggest there must be better, then you are a Red Tory.

It's myopic view and one that will continue to guarantee the Tories staying in power for a long time.

There's a famous quote by Einstein that's relevant here. It's madness to watch this tonight and not think for one second, what if we are wrong?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Jesus, never imagined a timeline where swathes of working class Labour towns fall to the most right-wing pro-austerity Tory party in decades, where the most left-wing iteration of Labour in our generation relies on the likes of Kensington as their consolation prize.

Brexit is a helluva drug :houllier:
Working class people are convinced that immigrants are responsible for all of their problems. It honestly isn't surprising what is happening.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
very consistent theme emerging:

Labour losing votes in every Leave majority constituency. Even when those where Labour seats with prior decent majorities.
Even when Labour retain a seat, it's with a reduced majority.

Conclusion has to be that UK wants Brexit. There can be no doubt of that.

Cummings market research and finger on the pulse of the nation was spot on. UK electorate will allow BJ as much latitude and scope as it requires to 'Get Brexit Done'. Thats why they were so belligerent with things like proroguing parliament, being abusive to opposition and all BJ's other character defects. It's equally damning that Corbyn and his Momentum groupies didn't understand this.

In the end, it seems as though the Tory Toffs were representing the peoples wish, while the Labour elites where stuck in the Highgate Islington bubble.
For me Labour's policy on Brexit seemed to make the most sense, people would've had the chance to vote on the actual deal they had vs remain. I supposed "get brexit done" is a very simple soundbite and doesn't give people the impression that you're telling them they didn't know what they were voting for.

ManchesterYoda

Where is the "BUT, if we look at the poll of poll of polls" guy?

This is my favourite part of Election night. The polls, maps and swingometers :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.