UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Alastair Campball giving momentum and the Corbyn acolytes a good thrashing on BBC.

Saying everything I wrote an hour ago!

‘Root your politics where the people are’. Doh! It’s not rocket science

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Campbell talking a lot of sense. If you just abuse anyone you disagree with and tell them to feck off and vote tory, they might you know, vote tory.
I wrote a while back that Corbyn has hijacked Labour in exactly the same way BJ did to the Tory party.

I can’t think of a greater damnation or humiliation than historical Labour working class Northern or Welsh towns saying they don’t want his revolution in public services.

hobbers

Labours civil war starting up right now on bbc.

I feel sorry for campbell. A malcolm tucker in a world full of ignorant students and jam making simpletons.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wrote a while back that Corbyn has hijacked Labour in exactly the same way BJ did to the Tory party.

I can’t think of a greater damnation or humiliation than historical Labour working class Northern or Welsh towns saying they don’t want his revolution in public services.
Weren't these all heavy leave vote areas though? It's not that they necessarily don't like those policies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Why wouldn’t working class voters want his policies? You can question him and all that stuff but the labour policies are great for the working class. Why don’t people see it?

OohAahMartial

Lansdown is completely delusional, and isn't taking on anything. The problem of the idealist. His rude awakening will come later though, when the knives have been sharpened.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Weren't these all heavy leave vote areas though? It's not that they necessarily don't like those policies.
Why wouldn’t working class voters want his policies? You can question him and all that stuff but the labour policies are great for the working class. Why don’t people see it?
They are obviously not as great as he or his acolytes believe. Labour voters don’t value them enough.

Historical Labour voters voted Tory for first ever time. Historical Labour strongholds. That’s very telling.

Momentum fcuked the labour movement.

hobbers

Corbyn looks like he only learned of the results when he entered the room. Gone from smiling dumbly to looking like hes close to tears.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
NI looking like one of the only good stories of the night, with Dodds potentially losing his seat.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
A few seats where tactical voting was either partial or not-there-at-all:

OTOH, if the Brexit party vote and Tory vote had been coordinated this would be an even bigger bloodbath. I'd also guess that vote shares for the 2 push about 50%, maning that the Brexit sentiment is not just strong within people (changing their party affiliation) but still widespread.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They don’t value them enough. Historical Labour voters voted Tory for first ever time. Historical Labour strongholds. That’s very telling.

But are they voting them to get brexit done or because they thought the Tories other policies were better?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They are obviously not as great as he or his acolytes believe. Labour voters don’t value them enough.

Historical Labour voters voted Tory for first ever time. Historical Labour strongholds. That’s very telling.

Yeah it seems that way but you’ve got to question the thought process of those people. As a Scot it’s sickening to see turkeys voting for Christmas.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
OTOH, tactial voting did work here (seeimgly,, at least based on raw numbers):

and here

DavidDeSchmikes

Iain Duncan Smith holds
CHINGFORD & WOODFORD GREEN
Con Hold
- Majority 1062

Duncan Smith has to thank 2744 voters sticking to LibDem and not going Labour tactically.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I had to take a nap as was knackered. Woke up to this shit and Guido talking usual bollocks. He even claims to have made a killing on the election result at 8/1 but you could only bet £20 on most bookies so it just reinforces that he talks so much shit he believes it himself. I can’t see what can be gained from it.

Anyways the feeling even on the doorstep was a lot different in Bucks. Brexit is probably the defining factor looking at some of the seats that have changed hands up north. The poor obviously as expected thick and stupid enough turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Brexit is going to happen now. I hope it’s so hard and so devastating that those who voted for it, brought Boris in to deliver it and stand to be most affected by it get absolutely obliterated. I hope they lose their jobs their homes and end up on the streets and see really how much the Tories will care about them. It’s no less than what they deserve.

Corbyn will resign obviously. There’s no doubt after this loss. There needs to be a clear-out at the top too and radical change must happen in the party because if the exit poll is right there’s very little possibility that they would be able to pull that big of a majority back at the next election. There must be a strong popular non-polarising leader otherwise its curtains for Labour at the next election too and the public services, or whatever is left of them after these 5 years will be eroded to the point of no return.

Back to sleep with hope that my efforts weren’t wasted and we’ve at least been able to flip MK.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Nice of Labour to allow IDS another couple of years in parliament as an MP.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If Labour wanted to win this election, they needed to appeal to their xenophobic stronghold and support Brexit.

What I am surprised by is how little LibDems have profited from the substantial remain vote from traditional Tory voters.

Like I suggested, many weeks ago, Jo Swinson is nothing but a massive pair of tits. Nice to look at, but no basis for a system of government.

hobbers

Close your eyes, cross your fingers, chant with me: “just a brexit election. Just a brexit election. Everyone loves corbyn. Everyone loves corbynism. Murdoch. Murdoch.”

DavidDeSchmikes

Battersea- Labour hold

Brexit Party close to taking Barnsley East

Labour 37.6 (-21.9)
Brexit 29.2 (+29.2)
Conservative 27.3 (+0.3)

hobbers

Someone please tell me Burgon is in a shakey seat?

Worst politician in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.