UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Isn’t Johnson close to losing his seat?
It's possible but mostly doubtful. He could actually still be Prime Minister even without a seat as MP.

If he does lose it, he'll have to ask one of his MPs in a safe seat to stand down, then stand in the by-election himself.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
There goes Blackpool South to Cons, they said it would swing. That's Fylde, South. North, Fleetwood & Lancaster I expect to hold. Looking forward to another 5 years of earth tremors and constant road protests once Boris lifts the suspension on Fracking.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
how you feeling?
Dejected. Reading what you said earlier it seems most people didn’t have an advocate to bring them to their senses.

Livid that IDS fecking got in. The Lib Dems are a fecking disgrace and so are their idiot voters in Chingford. Nasty pro-leave cnut gets in by the Lib Dem back door.

hobbers

Youthquake turns up for canterbury. A damning indictment on the potency of the skunk available there.

Isn't a lot of the shift from Labour to Brexit though? Not sure those people would have voted Tory, otherwise they probably just would have.
a lot of the shift is from Labour to Brexit. But if there is no Brexit Party candidate, then the only other party promising to deliver Brexit are the Tories. Clearly it’s hypothetical, but I think the majority of people voting for the Brexit party would vote Tory if there was no Brexit Party option.

Kopral Jono

Please read the following thread. Personally, I agree with everything this man says.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Please read the following thread. Personally, I agree with everything this man says.

He's saying what I have been the past couple of days, however he goes too far solely blaming Labour for the strength of the right. It's obviously not all down to them.

They certainly have played a role though, they have let us all down.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
a lot of the shift is from Labour to Brexit. But if there is no Brexit Party candidate, then the only other party promising to deliver Brexit are the Tories. Clearly it’s hypothetical, but I think the majority of people voting for the Brexit party would vote Tory if there was no Brexit Party option.
Maybe, but then you'd have to ask why they didn't just vote Tory, especially in some of the seats where it clearly would've got the Tories in. They must have pretty decent opposition to voting them.

I'm sure people will try, but hard to disagree with her.

She didn't even knife Corbyn as she might have.
this is the problem with labour. ITVs analysis is that she is very popular at a national level, but momentum wouldn’t accept her as a leader and she has no chance of being elected as such.

DavidDeSchmikes

Chuka Umunna comes second in the Cities of London and Westminster

Conservatives hold Cities of London and Westminster

Maybe, but then you'd have to ask why they didn't just vote Tory, especially in some of the seats where it clearly would've got the Tories in. They must have pretty decent opposition to voting them.
There are a lot of people who do very little research into how they vote, and wouldn’t do this analysis.But if the option wasn’t there, they would be forced to vote differently.

redshaw

What I am surprised by is how little LibDems have profited from the substantial remain vote from traditional Tory voters.

Like I suggested, many weeks ago, Jo Swinson is nothing but a massive pair of tits. Nice to look at, but no basis for a system of government.
It's surprising and at the same it isn't.

Lib Dems have been clear from the start they will remain, we've had so much vitrol over this 2016 result from the remain side, millions marching, the country almost split on the vote but none of them can even vote Lib Dem once in their lives to stop Brexit and let Lib Dems in power for a poxy 5 years. The Lib Dems haven't even moved the needle because people are so tied to Con or Lab, it something I've seen since I was young, a two party system.

Status
Not open for further replies.