UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMist99

I moved in with my Girlfriend who lives in the Warrington South ward earlier this year and it is a marginal seat. Labour Majority of around 2,000 votes. It feels empowering to cast a vote that carries weight having lived in a safe seat my whole life

Vote Labour

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Damien Moore is the MP for Southport, he used to be my manager. He was useless.
I can't get the idea that he looks like a cross between David Brent, Alan Sugar and Jon Culshaw out of my head. :houllier:

He's done sweet FA as our MP and his literature was just anti-Corbyn smears. He also hasn't knocked on many doors from what local people are saying on Facebook pages. Labour have visited me twice in the past 24 hours in comparison.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
That red telephone has a lot to answer for if Boris gets a majority

Oldyella

I moved in with my Girlfriend who lives in the Warrington South ward earlier this year and it is a marginal seat. Labour Majority of around 2,000 votes. It feels empowering to cast a vote that carries weight having lived in a safe seat my whole life

Vote Labour
Subtle girlfriend brag.

decorativeed

I was called out as being arrogant - so answered to my situation.

Furthermore, this applies to many people across a variety of industries. It’s not about downing tools for months at a time. But lots of people will work 3-5 day weeks at the end of a tax year so that they don’t do over the threshold, those hours don’t get replaced.

nowhere near 70m people work in this country.
No, but they rely on government services and (almost) all of those people will work at some point in their lives.

Also, if it were a regular thing and loads of contractors started working reduced hours because of tax implications, clients would have no choice but to hire secondary contractors. I'd say that's a positive thing for distribution of employment and wealth.

Last edited:

Smores

At a certain point your marginal tax rate is 60%, so working more than that means those days you take home less that 40% of a days pay. I have other things I can do which are a more beneficial use of my time.
Well yeah but that's not for those worried about the 80k band and considering pension contributions it's fairly high.

I wouldn't really argue with the principle of what you're saying but that's there irrespective of the changes. I'd even say that's there irrespective of the tax system, the value of money is somewhat subjective the more you earn the less you need.

Still the money you could have earned and passed up doesn't evaporate in to thin air.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Don't.. it's the hope that will be more crushing!
I've voted now, tactical vote from me.

Thought there was a queue, then realised just loads of parents standing in the rain as kids nativity play about to start in the church next to the station, stood in the queue for a minute then slunk off to vote :lol: .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I can't get the idea that he looks like a cross between David Brent, Alan Sugar and Jon Culshaw out of my head. :houllier:

He's done sweet FA as our MP and his literature was just anti-Corbyn smears. He also hasn't knocked on many doors from what local people are saying on Facebook pages. Labour have visited me twice in the past 24 hours in comparison.
Hopefully he will be out of a job in the morning!

No, but they rely on government services and (almost) all of those people will work at some point in their lives.

Also, if it were a regular thing and loads of contractors started working reduced hours because of tax implications, clients would have no choice but to hire secondary contractors. I'd say that's a positive thing for distribution of employment and wealth.
there are lots of jobs that you can’t substitute someone in for a few days. Anyway, we have done this to death.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Despite the result, voter turnout should be higher than the previous elections. I know so far there's a lot of anecdotal evidence but there a multiple reports of long queues up and down the country.

I predicted The Tories to get a majority of around 20-30 but it might be closer than that. Perhaps even a single figure. If The Tories end up losing seats then that will be a shock.

Oldyella

I've voted now, tactical vote from me.

Thought there was a queue, then realised just loads of parents standing in the rain as kids nativity play about to start in the church next to the station, stood in the queue for a minute then slunk off to vote :lol: .
:lol:

Smores

What are people's plans to cope with the huge Tory majority?

I bet on them a while back with money i usually donate so profits will be going to a local kids charity at least. Apart from that I'll probably just call a lot of people on here cnuts and then cry into my cereal.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
Amen brother
Sister :)
Hey Quacks, good to see you. All the best to you and mini quacks, have a great Christmas!

I went out in the heavy rain and voted Labour, pretty safe Tory seat over here though.
It's been a while since I have been on here but I remember spending the 2015 election on here before I buggered off to twitter :)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What are people's plans to cope with the huge Tory majority?

I bet on them a while back with money i usually donate so profits will be going to a local kids charity at least. Apart from that I'll probably just call a lot of people on here cnuts and then cry into my cereal.
Drink

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not me I'm afraid. Superheroes aren't really my thing.

You need to pour a few more skill points in Perception, Lone Wanderer.
Shame.

I wish that was possible, and that I could explore, but alas I was destined to remain in the safety of the Vault.

...If you were an MP I'd vote for you on that reference alone :drool:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Voted Labour in Southport. We have a very good chance to unseat the Tory MP in a constituency which has traditionally flipped between the Libdems and the Tories. Labour came 2nd last time, jumping from 19% of the vote in 2015 to almost 33% in 2017. Southport is the Miami of the Northwest. People come here to die. If Labour wins in this epicentre of gammon, they will win the election.

#VoteLabourToday
I well remember being at BAE Warton in the late 70's working on Tornado. It was fun doing full reheat engine ground runs out over the Ribble at night. Maximum noise...
Always upset the residents of Southport and the phone calls started immediately.

muller

Ergh - there's so many conflicting reports.

In truth, nobody knows what's going on. I am preparing myself for the worst though, and have a bottle of Haig Club ready to frown sorrows in at 10:01.

Can anyone offer anything to hold on hope for?

Status
Not open for further replies.