UK terrorism threat level raised to severe

F-Red

It's the second highest in the threat level ranking, combination of domestic and overseas information from the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre and MI5. The events in France and Vienna have no doubt contributed to the increase in threat level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54799377

Meaning an attack is highly likely. Do they do this based on domestic information or is it based off what happened in Vienna?
You'd suspect it's done as a precaution, i'd imagine most credible threats they know about are solved before they even become public knowledge - or you hear about them if it's too late.

LARulz

I think it's based on what's happening in Europe. Terrorists are stupid but doubt they'd do anything if the impact won't exactly be great -there are hardly any people wondering the streets/going out this month

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Has been severe for the most part of the last two decades if I remember correctly. Sporadically getting lowered.

DavidDeSchmikes

Could be done as a precaution, considering England is going into a lockdown on Thursday, people may be having a big night out before lockdown.