Film Unacknowledged: An expose of the world's greatest secret

Loublaze

ATLien
You can find this on Netflix or in the provided link on Youtube. It's a riveting documentary about the US governments elaborate cover up of the evidence that supports the existence of extraterrestrial beings and the cover up of multitudes of visitations, including the Roswell crash. Its easily one of the best documentaries i've watched on the subject. It came out in 2017 but only got around to watching it now.

Trailer

Full video

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I assume there's really no hard evidence presented in the film. Well, of course, we'd know about it.

I think I might be too skeptical to enjoy this, I hardly ever watch fiction with similar subject anymore.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I assume there's really no hard evidence presented in the film. Well, of course, we'd know about it.

I think I might be too skeptical to enjoy this, I hardly ever watch fiction with similar subject anymore.
Yeah I'm the same as you - there will no no actual evidence presented and it will just feed into the minds of those that want to believe.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:drool:

Thank you, will watch.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought it was remarkably boring given the subject matter.

prateik

Who was that guy here who loved Alien conspiracy theories a few years back? Posted links to a few youtube videos about UFOs from what I remember..

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Shhhh, you have spoken the name that should not be spoken!

I will be watching this when suitably high.

spwd

I’ve not watched that yet but does anyone actually believe we’re the only planet with life like us? we are miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

It’s ridiculous to think that we’re the only ones out there, feck me half or more of our own planet is unknown to us yet most assume we’re the only ones.:wenger:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I’ve not watched that yet but does anyone actually believe we’re the only planet with life like us? we are miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

It’s ridiculous to think that we’re the only ones out there, feck me half or more of our own planet is unknown to us yet most assume we’re the only ones.:wenger:
Well. We always based our theory on a life form needing oxygen and water to survive. Hence we discredit many possibilities.

Once you entertain the idea that maybe some aliens doesnt breath oxygen and dont need to eat plants it's a whole new world out there

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Given the sheer size of the universe it would seem almost certain that there is/has been/will be intelligent life elsewhere, I would have thought.

That isn't the same as them having somehow visited us multiple times only for the US government to successfully keep it secret from the rest of the planet. That's the idea that's ridiculous.

spwd

Well. We always based our theory on a life form needing oxygen and water to survive. Hence we discredit many possibilities.

Once you entertain the idea that maybe some aliens doesnt breath oxygen and dont need to eat plants it's a whole new world out there

Why would we assume other life forms need the same conditions as us, it’s nonsense
How the hell do we know what’s going on on a planet billions of miles away when we don’t know shit about our own planet yet?

It’s ludicrous to even think we are the only planet with life out of god knows how many planets or whatever, we’re not even a spec of dust on a spec of dust in relation to the size of everything.

spwd

Given the sheer size of the universe it would seem almost certain that there is/has been/will be intelligent life elsewhere, I would have thought.

That isn't the same as them having somehow visited us multiple times only for the US government to successfully keep it secret from the rest of the planet. That's the idea that's ridiculous.

Yeah, fair enough, I just went off on one because the whole “we’re the only ones” is fecking nonsense.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's unfortunate that aliens seem to believe slack-jawed yokels are the only relevant point of contact.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Why would we assume other life forms need the same conditions as us, it’s nonsense
How the hell do we know what’s going on on a planet billions of miles away when we don’t know shit about our own planet yet?

It’s ludicrous to even think we are the only planet with life out of god knows how many planets or whatever, we’re not even a spec of dust on a spec of dust in relation to the size of everything.
Exactly my point. Earth smartasses are quick to judge that other planet are inhabitable based on our own mortal limitations.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
They actually landed here 30 years ago as an invasion force but were wiped out by a swarm of ants and carried back to their nest.
Little alien feckers.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

They could be too small to see as well.

Loublaze

ATLien
If it was such a great secret, there wouldn't be a Netflix documentary about it
Aye. UFOs are not a secret at an official level but I feel world governments are not entirely forthcoming about the evidence they've collected over the years.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

I'd bet anything on us not being the only planet to support intelligent life. Like you say, we're but just one planet. The Milky Way alone has 300 billion stars, and the observable universe is thought to be home to 30 billion trillion stars... Anyone who truly believes that our rock is the only one capable of supporting some form of intelligent life based on those sort of odds is crazy to me. We're talking billion-trillions of potential centers in a universe that's been around for 13.7 billion years, yet the last few hundred thousand years of this little rock is somehow supposed to be unique.

And like you say, we've yet to discover all the secrets of our own planet - maybe we never will. We still have no idea what lies in the deepest depths of the ocean, and even in somewhat explored locations, we're still discovering new species all the time.

King Eric 7

Trump wouldn't be able to keep quiet if he had evidence of aliens. "Even the aliens love me, apart from the illegal bad hombre ones".

T_Model101

There are some credible characters in this and Joe Dolan's YouTube vids
I was disappointed that the doc went into full on conspiracy mode towards the end
Big pharma, big oil, big electric, they're all conspiring :lol:
The main guy, who in my inebriated state, I can't recall also strikes me as a completely unhinged maniac
Emergency doctor or not :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien

As of today the Kepler space telescope, AKA planet hunter has discovered 1,284 new planets. Most of these were found while focused in one tiny spot of the Milky way, about 2% of the observable sky. Among these are a multitude of possible Earth like planets, and many are thought to be more than 2 times the age of planet Earth. Just imagine if there's life and civilizations out there, they've surely has evolved way ahead of us.

ChaddyP

As of today the Kepler space telescope, AKA planet hunter has discovered 1,284 new planets. Most of these were found while focused in one tiny spot of the Milky way, about 2% of the observable sky. Among these are a multitude of possible Earth like planets, and many are thought to be more than 2 times the age of planet Earth. Just imagine if there's life and civilizations out there, they've surely has evolved way ahead of us.
That's not actually necessarily likely in my opinion. Where as there is a high probability of life outside of earth, the possibility of it being highly intelligent is less probable. From a statistical point of view its more likely that we are the only intelligent life forms in the milky way. It's very very hard to have intelligent life. Civilizations themselves are hard to keep from going under.

Loublaze

ATLien
That's not actually necessarily likely in my opinion. Where as there is a high probability of life outside of earth, the possibility of it being highly intelligent is less probable. From a statistical point of view its more likely that we are the only intelligent life forms in the milky way. It's very very hard to have intelligent life. Civilizations themselves are hard to keep from going under.
Im not disagreeing with you, we're a unique species on earth of course, the only one with advanced intelligence in 4.6 billion years of evolution. Modern convention has the odds of being the only technologically advanced civilization at 1 in 60 billion, and that 1 fifth of stars have planets in habitable zones. So even if only 1 in a billion stars contains an advanced civilization that would still mean there's at least 300k such civilizations in our galaxy. Its more probable than we think IMO.