United’s next manager

Fosu-Mens

Rodgers, Potter and Howie- better than Ole.
Potter i find quite interesting and Brighton seems to play with a plan usually and possession.

Rodgers: One can see who Lampard tries to emulate in his high risk, fast and direct passing. No thanks.

Howie: See Rodgers.

Still all better than our current manager. Would take Potter or Farke in a heartbeat despite them not having any "top club" experience.

wolvored

After a long hard thinking over this, I think we need to go after someone who hasn’t peaked and has clear ideas and style of play, someone who will be worthy being patient with, something we’ve never tried before, a hipster’s manager.
Thinking about it, wouldn’t SAF been considered a “hipster manager” if he was the manager of Aberdeen nowadays?

I don’t know how i will feel seeing someone two years younger than me managing United, but we need to go for Nagelsmann, no doubt about it.
Yes he looks the real deal. In a year he will be at one of the top clubs no doubt. If Ole is way off the pace for top 4 after xmas, then would love us to make a move.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think Eddie Howe would be a success, I think he's got the tools from a tactical point of view, but I think the job would be too big for him, and he'd struggle with the egos and pressure.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yes he looks the real deal. In a year he will be at one of the top clubs no doubt. If Ole is way off the pace for top 4 after xmas, then would love us to make a move.
Forget top 6, we will be in relegation fight if things go like this.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Yes, i would follow the argument of Sir Scott M.
You need a fresh coach with energy, best tactical understanding, a hand for motivation and man managment to sort the mentality in the lockerroom and getting the young players developed. You need to be at least one time in 6 years a step further than the other top teams. Act, and dont react (If you even can call this what Woodward has done "to react").
That what hiring Klopp would have meant. But, you need a DoF and a complete new structure before that! Cause don't sorting this mess out was the reason you didn't get Klopp in the first place. And will be the reason Nagelsmann would also say: "No thanks."
You need a vision and a plan how to do that (the echo of "the United wa...what?" is getting more and more silent). Otherwise no coach like Nagelsmann will go to you.

croadyman

Definitely would have us playing more progressive football whoever he puts out, however whether he wants to manage a club in this mess is another thing.

Let's face it we are not a very attractive proposition to decent managers with how the club is being run.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I don't think Eddie Howe would be a success, I think he's got the tools from a tactical point of view, but I think the job would be too big for him, and he'd struggle with the egos and pressure.
I really like Howe. But I do think it is a mayor flaw that he has not been able to improve their defence.

Bit surprised that there is not more mentions of Chris Wilder. Sheffield United play some proactive and quite aggressive football. They also seem very well organized.

Not much quality in that team and they really are overachieving.

Amerifan

Poch plays 4-2-3-1.
Ole plays 4-2-3-1 despite no proper number 9 or number 10.
Ole getting the team ready for Poch so he can move to DOF?

tekkers3

Ole is playing a 4-2-3-1 because it is the formation that best suits the style he wants to play.
Ole wants us to play quick on the counter because that is a United way to play
Ole wants us to be patient and deliberate against a low block because that is a United way to play.
Ole is letting average older players go and having developing youth play because that is how United has (typically) done things
Ole will get this club back on track, because he is doing things how a United manager does things.

Foxbatt

Yeah like depleting the squad and not being able to beat smaller clubs every time we play them.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
For me, I just want a manager who's earned the job based on their brand of footy and achievements as a coach, and I want to see no more Nepotism at Man Utd.

Fergie had to weed out the drinking culture... and I would argue that the culture of Nepotism at Man Utd - ironically left over from Fergie's time in charge - is now a far bigger problem than the drinking culture.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How do you know what the coaching is like, out of interest?
I've never heard any leaks from players saying it's poor? Which these days, you'd expect, surely?

And you say more fool "Them", but don't remember that "Them" is the same board that reckoned the squad management we've done this summer was a good job!
My friend, there is a coaching thread which has plenty of replies, answering your question.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/lack-of-coaching.450889/#post-24759114

There is absolutely no doubt that our coaching staff are doing an extremely poor job. The whole bunch of them.

Will Singh

If my next door neighbour who is Jewish, and funnily enough a Tottenham fan thought it was funny, it's funny, she wasn't in any way offended, now if she can take it in the way it was intended I suggest you do, and stop being annoying, cheers.
Oh your one of those are you, just because “your neighbour” is Jewish and she’s gave you the go ahead to be anti Semitic. Just admit your wrong and give it a rest it’s getting boring...

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Oh your one of those are you, just because “your neighbour” is Jewish and she’s gave you the go ahead to be anti Semitic. Just admit your wrong and give it a rest it’s getting boring...
feck me, you know you're luck is out when on average there are 234,972,207 people online at any given time yet i've got the only turban wearing jew on the planet on my case.

You're(not your)the one that's making it boring, now sod off

Adnan

Talent Spotter
feck me, you know you're luck is out when on average there are 234,972,207 people online at any given time yet i've got the only turban wearing jew on the planet on my case.

You've made the same mistake in your first sentence but only in reverse..:D

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Back on topic:
Would love Pep or Klopp but seeing as they’re not coming....
I’m left feeling underwhelmed by the other PL managers, incl Poch.
Yeah Rodgers is doing well but it won’t last.
I liked the Wolves manager last year but not sure what happened to him (them) since they seem to be underperforming nowadays.

Hawks2008

Honestly not sold on Poch. Yes he has done good work at spurs but when you compare him to Klopp and Pep I don't think think the football is as good as theirs let alone the trophy haul.

Still leagues ahead of Ole no doubt.

Suedesi

Pochettino or failing that Eddie Howe.

I’d also seriously, seriously consider Wenger on a temp basis until the end of the season.

Will Singh

You’re just digging yourself a bigger hole, so on top of being racist you’re also stereotyping and judging my spelling. Obviously you’ve avoided and tried diverting that your remarks were racist but you’re not a racist what was it you said you can’t be a racist because you’ve got black friends or something...?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
How much can Woodward survive really? If Ole is sacked that's the 4th manager who failed to see out his contract under his stewardship. Close to a billion spent in transfers and the team is closer to relegation than top of the table with not much to show for in the squad other than Pogba and Maguire. There has to be a limit to incompetence before the board decides enough is enough and he's running the club into the ground.

Apokalips

How much can Woodward survive really? If Ole is sacked that's the 4th manager who failed to see out his contract under his stewardship. Close to a billion spent in transfers and the team is closer to relegation than top of the table with not much to show for in the squad other than Pogba and Maguire. There has to be a limit to incompetence before the board decides enough is enough and he's running the club into the ground.
Real had 3 managers last season alone, don't see everyone blaming it all on Perez to this level. Woodward gets far too much attention for a CEO. How many CEO's at a football club have you seen replaced due to managerial appointments?

Additionally, the blame Woodward thing is all with hindsight. Not many argued with his choices (Moyes was not his choice, that decision was Fergie and Gill). The different standards United are judged by is so weird.

MUFC OK

Excuse my ignorance but based on what? A look at their results this season doesn't inspire me with confidence. he's very young but as we've seen with players that doesnt mean he will develop into a beast of a manager.

Interested to know why would you love to have him?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Real had 3 managers last season alone, don't see everyone blaming it all on Perez to this level. Woodward gets far too much attention for a CEO. How many CEO's at a football club have you seen replaced due to managerial appointments?

Additionally, the blame Woodward thing is all with hindsight. Not many argued with his choices (Moyes was not his choice, that decision was Fergie and Gill). The different standards United are judged by is so weird.
Real also won 3 champions league titles in the three seasons prior, a CEO buys a lot of time with that kind of success.

wolvored

Excuse my ignorance but based on what? A look at their results this season doesn't inspire me with confidence. he's very young but as we've seen with players that doesnt mean he will develop into a beast of a manager.

Interested to know why would you love to have him?
Look how he sets up Leipzig playing. I've watched a few highlights on eurosport and he seems to know how to play tactics etc. It just looks exciting to watch. The players are mainly unknown worldwide as well

MUFC OK

Look how he sets up Leipzig playing. I've watched a few highlights on eurosport and he seems to know how to play tactics etc. It just looks exciting to watch. The players are mainly unknown worldwide as well
Excuse my ignorance again, I was looking at Hoffenheims results, forgot he had moved :lol:.

They appear to be doing well, but I think they have a top striker in Werner, potential to be the best in the world. Suppose he's a manager to keep an eye on.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Excuse my ignorance again, I was looking at Hoffenheims results, forgot he had moved :lol:.

They appear to be doing well, but I think they have a top striker in Werner, potential to be the best in the world. Suppose he's a manager to keep an eye on.
Werner is an excellent player, but not sure he should be getting the credit for Nagelsmann's coaching at Leipzig ;)

He really is the real deal, still a lot to learn obviously as he's so young! Europe this year will be an interesting learning curve for him, as there is where he showed his weakness last 2 seasons, but that was with a far weaker squad to what he has now. He seems to be doing things the 'right way' in terms of the jobs he's taking, making the step to Leipzig was a great decision rather than looking to make a giant leap to one of the big clubs. I'd think that if he follows this sensible path, he'll stay at Leipzig 2 or 3 years, before Bayern and Dortmund start falling over themselves desperately trying to employ him. He'll likely head to Spain or the Prem if his coaching journey carries on like this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nagalsmann would be an unreal acquisition. Seems Bayern bound eventually.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think we need a new school manager. No more old boys or managers trying to redo things from 20 years ago.

Ten Hag from Ajax or Nagelsmann from RBL.

Id give Poch a go but not sure if he’s motivated to take us on, think he wants back to Spain.