United’s next manager

Mainoldo

Eight from top ten threads right now are more or less focussed on the manager

fecking unreal.

Yes, I'm sure we could recruit a better coach/manager, maybe - but what better coach/manager would come here, now, under these fecking parasites who have zero interest in the clubs football? Klopp already turned us down as did Pep in NY and again has made it quite clear he wouldn't come near the place. It's a lot worse now than back then and still getting worse. Their pure focus is to bleed every cent out of the club as possible. They sit around in Florida, remote and untouchable whilst LVG, Jose, Ole and yes, even EW do their bidding and cop the flak. They want fecking shooting, never mind flying planes and banners over the ground. They need a fecking straightener.

We could get Poch in, though. That'd work.
We managed to get LVG over Spurs and Mourinho who still had a huge rep in the game. We are not going to struggle to get a top manager.

Denis' cuff

Inappropriate Content
We managed to get LVG over Spurs and Mourinho who still had a huge rep in the game. We are not going to struggle to get a top manager.
Spurs? :) 5/6 years ago? Well, you've convinced me there pal. That's the yardstick.

Jose always wanted the job.

So, who then?

And even if we manage to recruit a "top boss" after one season here, he'll b e wondering wtf he was thinking. But you know what, most don't give a feck anyway. Sacked with contract still running... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fecked until this American/Jewish mob are ousted or bought out

HackeyC

Spurs? :) 5/6 years ago? Well, you've convinced me there pal. That's the yardstick.

So, who then?

And even if we manage to recruit a "top boss" after one season here, he'll b e wondering wtf he was thinking. But you know what, most don't give a feck anyway. Sacked with contract still running... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I get that you are frustrated but what exactly does them being Jewish have to do do with anything?

gajender

And what’s Ole done to warrant being a DOF?

Sign two English players that the world knew about. Wow, so impressive. Sure found some hidden gems.

He is actually continued our not so proud tradition of wasting our transfer budget on average players in Post Sir Alex's era so there is that what else you need.

passing-wind

Poch, Rose or Tuchel if PSG depart with him.

For anyone thinking that a manager will make no difference, Leicester last season finished 9th 14 points behind us. They are now 2nd 14 points ahead of us. They achieved this with almost the exact same squad and a competent manager who has coached his way to success. I will not entertain any argument that no manager can change our fortunes when we have a relegation fodder in charge.

I'm not Ole out right now, if he can get top four he deserves another season or two. What I will not do is what many deluded portray and think Solskjaer is obtuse from criticism because the surnames of a few of our players aren't fancy pronunciations.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I cannot help but think people are hyping Marco Rose up too much at this moment in his career.

He has come from a club that we all know has a fantastic structure regards scouting and signing players (red bull Salzburg) and of course did very well there, and now is in just his first year coaching in one of the 'big 5' leagues. That already is a big leap.

And like with a lot of German clubs, there is a very distinct hierachy in place at Gladbach with Max Eberl their very experienced sporting director leading the way. Rose will have little influence on what goes on at the club beyond coaching.

Is Rose doing a good job at Gladbach? For sure. But Gladbach are a big club, with good resources (in the confines of the Bundesliga), they are doing what they should be doing - competing for CL places. I would say they have the 4th best squad in Bundesliga at this moment, so this is the level they need to be competing at. It is not like he's taking a club with lower to middle of the table resources and is competing for the CL places.

I would say Rose needs to stay with Gladbach for 2 or 3 years. He is clearly a fine coach, but he hasn't even had time to prove how good at the levels he's at yet, let alone making a massive leap to a club like Manchester United, where the structure isn't as he's used to working with.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
OGS as Dof why? Why not vds?
I think VDS definitely has his sights on the club, when he's taken the Ajax project as far as he can I think he's going to make himself available to us, I'm really hoping that is the reason why we haven't filled the DOF spot right now but that's wishful thinking.

Zlatattack

So, who then?

Lets not get anti semitic about this.

Bestietom

I think VDS definitely has his sights on the club, when he's taken the Ajax project as far as he can I think he's going to make himself available to us, I'm really hoping that is the reason why we haven't filled the DOF spot right now but that's wishful thinking.
He's CEO at Ajax, and I cannot see him leaving that post to go as DOF for us.

Mainoldo

So, who then?

How do you mean. What was he thinking!? His job is to manage not change the structure of the board. Except for being slow in the market what will I.e Poch be lacking to manage? Are we going to refuse to make him have his coaching staff? Refuse to make him have training facility changes? Refuse to give players big wages.

Explain what the hell your talking about?

GiddyUp

The new manager should demand a DOF of his choosing and Ed to step away from the most important part of the football club, the fecking football.

El Zoido

The new manager should demand a DOF of his choosing and Ed to step away from the most important part of the football club, the fecking football.
Nobody can demand anything from these guys. It’s a waste of time. Ed runs the club how he wants, and any manager either deals with that fact or they leave.

GiddyUp

He's CEO at Ajax, and I cannot see him leaving that post to go as DOF for us.
It will only happen with the sale of the club. He has shown some fleeting intrest so another flicker of light extinguished when Ed brings home another Asian commercial partner.

GiddyUp

Nobody can demand anything from these guys. It’s a waste of time. Ed runs the club how he wants, and any manager either deals with that fact or they leave.
Ed has no pedigree in the game and gets taken for a ride by anyone who gets paid to be on the pitch. If Pochettino was really interested I think he could demand what he wants, especially if he went straight to the owners.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ten Haag, Tuchel, Rose, Pochettino and Nagglesman are the blokes I think you should look at. Just don't look too hard at Ten Haag as I'd like him at Barcelona when the board sees sense and ditches Valverde.
You don't think guardiola will return for Messis last couple of seasons?

El Zoido

Ed has no pedigree in the game and gets taken for a ride by anyone who gets paid to be on the pitch. If Pochettino was really interested I think he could demand what he wants, especially if he went straight to the owners.
If Mourinho couldn’t do it, Poch sure as hell can’t either.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m not nearly as sold on him as many people on here, but the sensible option as it stands would probably be Poch.
I think his in game management can be as poor as Ole’s on occasion, but Poch is good at improving players.
Uniteds squad lacks quality right now but we have a lot of youngsters to work with and build around, which Poch to his credit seems very capable of doing.
If he can fully implement the kids into the side like Ole has been doing, whilst also getting us playing a ‘modern’ pressing game, then he’d be a decent manager for us.

GiddyUp

I’m not nearly as sold on him as many people on here, but the sensible option as it stands would probably be Poch.
I think his in game management can be as poor as Ole’s on occasion, but Poch is good at improving players.
Uniteds squad lacks quality right now but we have a lot of youngsters to work with and build around, which Poch to his credit seems very capable of doing.
If he can fully implement the kids into the side like Ole has been doing, whilst also getting us playing a ‘modern’ pressing game, then he’d be a decent manager for us.
Definitely, I hate us going from manager to manager but we seriously cant continue when the results are so poor.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Definitely, I hate us going from manager to manager but we seriously cant continue when the results are so poor.
I’m the same mate. Getting a new manager every 12/24 months will do us no good, but the results have been awful and I’m not convinced Ole’s transfer strategy of top target or bust will do us any good in the long term.

El Zoido

We are building from the bottom up so that may benefit a manager like him.
Perhaps, you might be right, yes. I’d really like Poch here, but I think he’d struggle, with the state we’re in.

Eddy_JukeZ

Poch next manager with Ole as DOF.
I was hoping the Ole as DOF idea has died, but nope here it is.

It is honestly so blasphemous to me.

He fails as the manager, but let's promote him and have him oversee our next manager.

Ridiculous.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we'll go for Poch but i'd prefer Nagelsmann or Rose and possibly Ten Hag.

I believe the structure would only change if we hire a coach who would ask for certain working conditions. That won't happen with Poch but there's a very good chance it will under Nagelmann, Rose, Ten Hag.

Sp00ks11

I was hoping the Ole as DOF idea has died, but nope here it is.

It is honestly so blasphemous to me.

He fails as the manager, but let's promote him and have him oversee our next manager.

Ridiculous.
Couldn’t agree more! Very strange to want Ole as our DOF.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

So, who then?

You know Everton is coached by Carlo Ancelotti now?