United and adidas extend partnership

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didnt Nike have some of our best ever, our 2007 - 2008 kits.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Adidas are much better, but I'd love Umbro to make a comeback.
Umbros are almost irrelevant in the upper tiers of football.

The more likely contender will be Castore. Really not sure how they can afford sponsoring some major clubs.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why would a shirt deal have any bearing on new owners/existing owners?!

Similar to new transfers, new contracts and other sponsorship deals, the club is carrying on as normal as that's what the club needs to do.
The fact that we now have even more cashflow into the club doesn't mean the Glazers are staying!

BeltUp

Supports
United
I think Adidas and Umbro have made our best kits. I remember during the 90s wanting Nike kits so bad but apart from 06/07, I thought they were all pretty crap.

Gopher Brown

Can’t sign a kit deal without it turning into a dick measuring contest with Real Madrid and Man City.

Whatever you do, don’t look at their trophy cabinets over the last 10 years

Champ

The more likely contender will be Castore. Really not sure how they can afford sponsoring some major clubs.
Umbro are huge, bigger than Castore and have more Premiership team kit deals.

Although Castore have Manchester roots so could see them trying to supply City if their deal runs out before United's.

Spoony

The People's President
Umbro are huge, bigger than Castore and have more Premiership team kit deals.

Although Castore have Manchester roots so could see them trying to supply City if their deal runs out before United's.

Umbro have Manchester roots, Castore have roots on the Wirral. Anyway aren't Umbro owned by Nike thesedays?

crossy1686

career ending

As a Manchester based company, with a history of previously supplying United, they could do it but it would probably be up to United to approach them most likely, and it would involve United keeping most of the sales.

Champ

Umbro have Manchester roots, Castore have roots on the Wirral. Anyway aren't Umbro owned by Nike thesedays?
Not sure about the Nike ownership,

You're right, Castore are HQ'd in Manchester though.

Castia

Outside of a few PL kits how are Umbro still going?

You never see Umbro in the shops, it must be one of the most unpopular sports brands going who is wearing Umbro in 2023?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
As a Manchester based company, with a history of previously supplying United, they could do it but it would probably be up to United to approach them most likely, and it would involve United keeping most of the sales.
I think the boat's sale for umbro. The Umbro annual revenue was $358 million in 2021.

United is way too big for them now.

LordSpud

All I take from this is that the Glazers are (now quite clearly) going nowhere.

cyberman

All I take from this is that the Glazers are (now quite clearly) going nowhere.
Why?
They literally gave a presentation to the two buyers about how much untapped potential United had to raise revenue.
This isn’t a surprise to them

evil_geko

Good news, I hate Nike with passion. Lots of my bought kits in general are Adidas, love them.

Jesus, people saying that they prefer Nike.

Nike were horrendous. Who could forget the table cloth monstrosity?

United and Adidas. It's the way it should always be.
The table cloth! :lol: New green away kit is a piece of art compared to some of Nike designs.

Tiber

Depressing news. Glazers are going nowhere and another decade of mostly shite kits

PoTMS

10 years is surprising. Will bringing in £90m annually be seen as that much in 2033?

Loon

:lol:
I wish Sharp would get back in the electronics game in a big way. I could do with a vertical record player and a Viewcam...

EireRed_GS

I was wondering why the club were willing to spend so much on Hojlund after splashing on Mount.. knew there must be some big commerical deal on the cards

cyberman

10 years is surprising. Will bringing in £90m annually be seen as that much in 2033?
It’s minimum 90m and these deals are always 10 years.
Beats Spurs signing a 15 year deal for 30m a year

SirAF

Ageist
Seems like a very good deal, but personally I'm gutted as I was hoping for Nike when the current deal is up :( Oh well!

Last edited:

lostcauz

The interesting one is the shirt sponsor. Will this be replaced with the Glazers still around and at the same time boost the club’s financials/value.
SJ will likely want Qatar airways if his bid wins

Dorris

Adidas don't get to decide who wears their shirts, if they did you'd need to present your ID and a clean criminal record to buy a shirt.
There’s a difference between an average criminal wearing a shirt, and an internationally disgraced individual wearing it in front of 100’s of millions of people every week for a club you pay 90 million pounds a year to.

crossy1686

career ending
There’s a difference between an average criminal wearing a shirt, and an internationally disgraced individual wearing it in front of 100’s of millions of people every week for a club you pay 90 million pounds a year to.
No there isn’t. What are Adidas going to do if Kim Jong-Un does his next presser in a United shirt while threatening to nuke the states? Adidas have no control over who wears their shirts once it leaves their property. Think about it for just a second and unless we live in 1984 there’s nothing they can do about Greenwood, Ched Evan’s or Adam Johnson wearing one. Just because it’s on TV doesn’t mean anything.

macheda14

No there isn’t. What are Adidas going to do if Kim Jong-Un does his next presser in a United shirt while threatening to nuke the states? Adidas have no control over who wears their shirts once it leaves their property. Think about it for just a second and unless we live in 1984 there’s nothing they can do about Greenwood, Ched Evan’s or Adam Johnson wearing one. Just because it’s on TV doesn’t mean anything.
Do you not think they would have spoken to United about this during the contract negotiations? That’s where they can have power over who wears their shirts. They can pull sponsorship from anyone the sponsor if they believe it brings the brand into disrepute.