United announce Valencia deal

Gazza

I'm excited by this signing.

On the face of it, it seems like we might be going back to our old ways of having pace and threat on the wings. We played a bit like that last season, asking Ronaldo to stay wide more, but his performances weren't really there (although his goals were). I'm also massively in favour of any squad addition that gives Rooney more of a chance of playing centrally.

As for the price, it should be kept in mind that United won't sign Premiership proven players on the cheap. Ever. Liverpool just spent more on a decent full back than we did on a winger, and in the current transfer climate I'd say we got a good deal.

The short answer to any doubts is that United have been watching this guy closely every single week for two years. Most of us haven't.

Lot 49

Doom
If City play a 4-4-2 it'd be something like Wright-Phillips-Ireland-De Jong-Petrov, you'd think.

Do you really think that midfield is better than ours?
I'd think in a 4-4-2 City would be Robinho-Barry-Ireland-SWP actually and I would consider that better than Nani-Carrick-Fletcher-Valencia.

MDFC Manager

I'd think in a 4-4-2 City would be Robinho-Barry-Ireland-SWP actually and I would consider that better than Nani-Carrick-Fletcher-Valencia.
We could play that away from home and be fine. If they play that lineup they'd most probably get overrun.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The short answer to any doubts is that United have been watching this guy closely every single week for two years. Most of us haven't.
That is the bit that Im most excited by ... that SAF has seen some obvious magic in this chap and the potential to become world class. Cant wait to watch him develop into a class act.

ThatOldRedMagic

See! I promise you I typed in the letters eff ay pee and in the next line eff ay pee pee followed by ing. And look at the result; asterisks.

WTF is going on?!

vanthaman

Winner
I can see by quoting your post that you've done this by using VB language, so youi're cheating. Type it normally and it's edited.

Why is the word

not allowed when wank, feck, cnut, Liverpool etc are? Who is't that can inform me?

i think it dates back to the Tevez thread, fap seemed to get way overused

as for PR i have no idea why that happens

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
"Undisclosed fees" ought to be banned.
Agreed but the reason it's done is to keep the media from making assessments and such on deals that aren't realistic.

End of the day there's probably alot of clauses in the deal, maybe all the money isn't upfront, maybe there's goal scoring and appearance clauses in there... in this day and age who knows, it's much like the Pique deal where we could make some sort of additional benefit off the deal.

vanthaman

Winner
i heard it was 6m up front, 6m next summer, and 5m based on appearences, goals and trophies etc..

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Agreed but the reason it's done is to keep the media from making assessments and such on deals that aren't realistic.

End of the day there's probably alot of clauses in the deal, maybe all the money isn't upfront, maybe there's goal scoring and appearance clauses in there... in this day and age who knows, it's much like the Pique deal where we could make some sort of additional benefit off the deal.
Come again?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm not sure Hughes would ever put Robinho on the wing in a 4-4-2, seems like it'd be too much of a risk defensively, and it's probably why he rarely, if ever, played him there.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
i heard it was 6m up front, 6m next summer, and 5m based on appearences, goals and trophies etc..
Oh yeah from where?:smirk: and knowing we've got £80 mill, I could really see whelan going for that. Wigan stated that its a club record, which would mean the money they were guaranteed to receive would have to be higher than the palacios deal. SSN reported it as £18 mill.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Come again?
I read somewhere something about the Pique deal (Which was undisclosed but leaked) that we could activate come clauses... it could be fiction for as much as I know but if someone could maybe follow up on or shun this it'd be appreciated.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
First bit of good news all day. Should be the first of a few transfers this summer. Hopefully he'll be a cunning signing yet again by Ferguson.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
Oh yeah from where?:smirk: and knowing we've got £80 mill, I could really see whelan going for that. Wigan stated that its a club record, which would mean the money they were guaranteed to receive would have to be higher than the palacios deal. SSN reported it as £18 mill.
Palacios was quoted to have cost £14m, which also probably was made up of some kind of combination between installments and clauses, so it could still be plausible.