United are "Genuinely interested" in signing Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get this bullshit the media has created, "Barcelona have problems signing players on a high fee because they don't have that much money, they spend it all in their salaries"

Well, maybe it's because once you have spend hundreds of millions in Suarez and Neymar while surting the team with another high class players... you have to pay them? In the long run it has to be cheaper paying just wages to great club-proven players other than searching world-class stars every summer.

I mean, maybe the new contract from Neymar could cost Barcelona 50/60M per year, surely that's a lot but it's still cheaper than signing some guy for 40/50M + wages to start along Messi and Suarez. Selling Neymar would be the worst option, as you're not only giving away a potential best player of the world, you will have to sign a replacement and with 190M in fresh cash all European teams will be looking to profit from Barcelona and his Happy Hours.

Ney's father is just using the interest from United to rise the market value of his player (dumb thing, he can ask Barcelona for any amount of money he wants with only one condition, he won't get as much as Messi, let alone surpass his contract). It's Sergio Ramos all over again and the United board has to do something about this, seeing the club name being used just to fulfill personal ambitions from players that aren't likely to land in OT shows the weakest side of this club. When you look at how Real, Barça or Bayern do this deals they rarely get involved in wages and renewal drama, they like a player, they talk to him, they talk to the club and sign him. If they sniff the slightest hint that the player is using them to get a better contract somewhere else they run to the press to say they're not interested and it's just media speculation. United's board should be doing the same and keep the club pride, if they think that by taking a neutral position they can be in the best spot should the relationship between Neymar and his club get worse then they're just plainly dumb and live in another planet different than ours.

The moment things turn to Neymar possibly leaving Barcelona because they can't satisfy his demands it's when Real will make his entrance, they could enter, pay the release clause, make him the best paid player in the world, give him the best media exposure ever (media and fans around the world would go crazy with Madrid stealing him from his archrivals) while staying in a latin culture and a competition that he already knows suits him well. As long as Neymar is in top form and Barcelona can't choose the club they sell him to, he will only leave for Madrid.

I can only think of two possible scenarios where Neymar ends up playing in Old Trafford as a local. One is if he, somehow, grows a conscience (:lol:) and doesn't want to break poor Barcelona fans heart, so he chooses leaving to Manchester in his quest to be the best player in the world via release clause. Two would be that he turns into a grateful and humble kid (:lol::lol::lol:) and wants to thank Barcelona in some kind of way, so he signs a new contract with a higher release clause just so they can ask more money from United, seeing what he did to his "beloved" Santos this strikes me as impossible.

But there's a big "if" (always in my opinion). If Neymar leaves Barcelona he surely will land in Madrid, and even IF Neymar ends up playing for Real that suits United's interests just fine, it would mean that surely Ronaldo would be avaliable and his return to United would be an easy task. But even if Ronaldo isn't available then there's still the Bale option. Neymar to Madrid would open Bale the door to coming back to England, and if that happens United could be in the best position. I doubt Arsene or Pep want to throw the cash Madrid will ask for Bale as he isn't the type of player they both like so the bid will be just between Chelsea and United, I'd put my money for United in that fight
I'm surprised with your opinion coming from a fan of Barcelona although I share.I think that if he leaves ,Madrid is the better placed. City still has no name despite Guardiola and United still have to return to the elite. It is very difficult that he leaves and would be to cause the collective madness of a Figo II , the Neymarketing at its best, and of course a club dedicated to him.

I would not mind seeing Madrid crawling and insisting all summer , desperately trying to hinder the renewal, as if he will be the world's best then Madrid has to make every effort to sign him , however I see no more than 5 % chance, I think he is simply using us . I would expect a nod to English football too or even a " I love Paris ".
In my opinion Bale will not leave the club unless he insists to do so (although I think that Mou is a big fan and recommended to Florentino to sign him ).
I think that with Cristiano the situation is different . The press says he is not excited with the idea of Paris so Mendes - Mourinho -United doesn´t seem impossible. It will be a very good summer transfer market for everybody :drool:

Drifter

American
Neymar is ‘happy’ at Barcelona despite recent links with other top European clubs, according to the club’s director of football Robert Fernandez.

Barca are keen to tie down their Brazil star to an extended contract, with the 24-year-old’s current deal due to expire in 2018.

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Manchester City have all been linked with a move for Neymar, whose father clashed with journalists at his son’s birthday party last week.

Fernandez has played down the furore over the incident and Neymar’s future, insisting the forward is content with life at the Nou Camp.

“Neymar and his management are very happy and we are very relaxed,” Fernandez told Marca.

“The club stands by the player. These things happen and we shouldn’t dwell on it.

“The important thing is that he is happy and that’s something we can see in every game he plays.”

The End.

eggwithsideburns

If for some reason he did become available, other teams would be interested and not just us. He said that he would like to work with Pep Guardiola so I can see city sniffing around and making a bid. If he was available that is.

Cait Sith

The idea that a young, jet set lifestyle-living, global superstar Brazilian would come to England is an hilarious thought. Lad barely speaks Spanish apart from "muy contento" after 2 1/2 years in Spain, despite Spanish and Portuguese basically being the same language, yet he is going to adapt to England? Remember that advert where Neymar was mocking the English weather?

cyberman

Yes the league that is overrun by foreign players is very hard to adapt to for non nationals...

RedStarUnited

We were genuinely interest though :p
Why past tense?

He isnt going to say "Yeah I want to move". Because he probably wouldn't move if they offered him the right money etc, his only motivation to move would be to earn more and be a star in his own right.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Why past tense?

He isnt going to say "Yeah I want to move". Because he probably wouldn't move if they offered him the right money etc, his only motivation to move would be to earn more and be a star in his own right.
He's already a star in his own right.

LexiRed

I have no idea why this is even still a thread. If we cannot pry a Brit away from Madrid, why would we think we could get Barcelona's best young star?

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Look the question you have to ask is why would a Bale, Neymar, Muller etc want to come to OT?

I mean, really?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Will end up at City if he goes from Barca.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is looking at something like £15-20m to settle both cases in Brazil and Spain. The problem is that he wants Barca to compensate him those loses with the new contract. I'm sure the club will come to an agreement.
It's possible tha he's going to be on significantly more money than Messi is currently on.
Will end up at City if he goes from Barca.
Possibly. A journalist on talksport but bases in Brazil. I've forgotten his name, he was on the BBC panel for the World Cup said we are the only club that has so far made concrete attempts to negotiate with his father.
I'm certain he will renew though. Barca will find the money.

KieranMUFC

I'm genuinely interested in marrying Rita Ora? Does that mean that it has a chance of happening? No.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
A load of reports coming out that he's signed a new deal to stay at Barca till 2021, can we stop the muppet dreaming now? Of course we can't.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
A load of reports coming out that he's signed a new deal to stay at Barca till 2021, can we stop the muppet dreaming now? Of course we can't.
The dreaming can always continue, especially since those reports are untrue

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ah it's just so Barca can get a good price for him when we buy him at the end of the season.

Adisa

Potentially huge news. Barcelona have serious problems imo.

Last edited:

Adisa

Case in Spain is still pending. He's looking at €40m at least to settle both cases. Trouble for Barca is that he's been asking them to cover whatever loses he has to the taxman and they just can't find the money.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Case in Spain is still pending. He's looking at €40m at least to settle both cases. Trouble for Barca is that he's been asking them to cover whatever loses he has to the taxman and they just can't find the money.
They'll be fine. They can sell Munir for some decent money and flog a few more of their bit part players if needed. No way they'd even think about selling Neymar, Messi or Suarez.

Minimalist

Really doubt with the current standings of United, Neymar would come here if he was to leave Barcelona. In the PL, City would surely be the preferred choice.

Acquire Me

I would love to get this guy, but its a long shot tbf. We got the best chance in the premier league though.

Spark

I'd so take a world class tax dodging mercenary right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.