United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Even with no crowds it is not easy, just easier (and with no silverware to show for it, also a bit less special). City's away record was also slightly better than ours last season.

Obviously, you'd rather have the record than not have it and it is still impressive. Our home record needs to get up to the same standard (sixth best in the league last year).
It should. I was at the Leeds game, arguably the toughest opposition of our three games… crowd were amazing, performance too and hoping this continues and we get back to a fortress

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But no trophy. Better win one this season

We've had far better sides than this, so it's a great achievement to be 28 away games undefeated. If we can build on that and improve upon last season's home form, we will have a shot at the title. It's something to build from.

BaneIsPain

More positive news means great for the squad. As long as it spurred the team for winning trophies, why not?

Winrar

Wonder how much longer we can keep it going! Some tricky ones coming up:

WHU (A)
LEI (A)
TOT (A)
WAT (A)
CHE (A)
If we can get through those without a defeat, we should be in a really good position in the league.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Against Wolves it was sheer luck and the fact that Jimenez is no longer the player he was pre-injury. But it has not always been so. We have made some great comebacks during these away games, with Spurs and Soton most notable. Amazing record. May the team win it all this season to this record etched in the footballing record books for eternity.

meamth

Credits to Ole and his players.

Certainly not a fluke.

Why can't other team with top class managers do this?

Shiva87

people are going to downplay this because of the lack of fans last season, but I don't think any other club was as close.

If anything, this should increase the team's desire to keep winning away from home. Record runs have a way of creating more confidence in player abilities/ squad profile.

The talk about no fans last season will quickly die down if we win the next 3-4 away games. Right now, there is a general euphoria of fans in the stadium which is also adding 20-30% more to the home team's performance (it's clear to see). Home advantage is going to be massive this season (at least for the first 5-6 months).

Adama's performance yesterday was a prime example of that. Even when he was alone running from his own half with 4 United defenders in good position, the entire stadium had this collective aura of expectation as if he was 1-on-1 on goal. It is definitely a much more challenging thing to deal with (compared to empty stadium).

largelyworried

people are going to downplay this because of the lack of fans last season, but I don't think any other club was as close.

If anything, this should increase the team's desire to keep winning away from home. Record runs have a way of creating more confidence in player abilities/ squad profile.

The talk about no fans last season will quickly die down if we win the next 3-4 away games. Right now, there is a general euphoria of fans in the stadium which is also adding 20-30% more to the home team's performance (it's clear to see). Home advantage is going to be massive this season (at least for the first 5-6 months).

Adama's performance yesterday was a prime example of that. Even when he was alone running from his own half with 4 United defenders in good position, the entire stadium had this collective aura of expectation as if he was 1-on-1 on goal. It is definitely a much more challenging thing to deal with (compared to empty stadium).
On average, one club a season will do better away than at home. Last season 10 clubs did better away than at home. So the lack of crowds clearly made it easier to play on the road, we saw that up and down the league. Doesn’t mean what we did was easy, but it was certainly a factor.

justsomebloke

On average, one club a season will do better away than at home. Last season 10 clubs did better away than at home. So the lack of crowds clearly made it easier to play on the road, we saw that up and down the league. Doesn’t mean what we did was easy, but it was certainly a factor.
True. Also, we actually didn't have the best away record in the League last season (City did), which says something.

Still a great achievement though. Apparently, it's not just a top division record, it's not been done in any of the top 4 divisions, ever.

Ixion

Well done to the players and manager but it definitely needs an asterisk next to it. When we've played 28 games at full opposition stadium and we're still unbeaten then that's something to shout about.

izec

The issue for me is that it highlights why we dont win titles. We play too many draws and safe.

Under Fergie, we'd lose a game and be back the next week and win 10 games in a row. Here we may be unbeaten, but lose points due to too many draws and having difficulty breaking down teams as we play too safe and are just missing something against packed defences and in midfield.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
An incredible achievement.

If it was so easy to do it would have been done already!!

Ole and the players deserve huge praise.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
counts for very little if you don't have silverware to go with it

OleBoiii

Does anyone have the stats of how PL teams performed in the away games pre covid and during covid? I heard that it improved slightly under covid, but I wonder by how much.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If it was easy, more teams would have done it. The next person that says "but" in this discussiong gets a soggy lump of old haggis for dinner.

Bruno Fernandes is on his third season in Manchester United and has never known a defeat away in the league.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well done to the players and manager but it definitely needs an asterisk next to it. When we've played 28 games at full opposition stadium and we're still unbeaten then that's something to shout about.
Well if we're going down this road then stick one next to City's title win last season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We've had far better sides than this, so it's a great achievement to be 28 away games undefeated. If we can build on that and improve upon last season's home form, we will have a shot at the title. It's something to build from.
I honestly don’t think we have had many better sides that this current one on ability.

Fingeredmouse

It's something to at least talk loudly about.

Ananke

This. Its that simple. An away game without fans in the stadium isn't a record.
Yet, every other team last season had the same opportunities to do what we have done, and failed to do so?

It’s a brilliant record. Keeps a good mentality when we play away from home, with the fans now at Old Trafford let’s hope we strengthen there. And now it’s time to get trophies.

Real Name

Actually it is.

Last few years we were terrible away, now we're really good and have this record it shouldn't be mentioned cause there were no crowds and we didn't win anything. Nothing positive can't be said without al least one pouring cold water over it. Mental.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Disagree. Its a remarkable achievement, laced with goals and comebacks. And now I think we all want the team to cap this off with a title win. That's their shot to eternal glory. Arsenal's invincibles would not be remembered if they had not won the league.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Disagree. Its a remarkable achievement, laced with goals and comebacks. And now I think we all want the team to cap this off with a title win. That's their shot to eternal glory. Arsenal's invincibles would not be remembered if they had not won the league.
If we held that record and Arsenal came along and broke it with all games played in empty stadiums you would be saying the same thing as me I reckon, it just isn’t the same, getting a win at an empty Anfield stadium for example is not as difficult.

Stormrage101MUFC

I'd say there's a good chance of that happening, the return of Ronaldo-infused Old Trafford home support will definitely help!