United capture Mystery Norwegian scarlet

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Quotes from Nettavisen

Manchester united payed more money than Molde management could ever deam of.

Chairman of the board says: "We have gotten a considerably higher price then anticipated"

Overpaid again i guess. I read in the newspaper a few days ago that Molde would settle for 3 mill £ and now i read that we paid 5 mill £. What kind of business is that..
First, I would take those fees quoted with a pinch of salt (I haven't seen any fee quoted anywhere remotely credible).

Second, SAF himself said that our hand was forced by the interest of another club, so chances are we had to increase our bid as a result.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Obviously we paid what we needed to to get him, as there were other clubs interested.

ralphie88

I really don't see why people don't think Manucho's good enough for the premiership.

He's seemed like a good player, one that the likes of Everton/Blackburn would have.
How did you work that out? He failed to be a regular even for the mighty Hull City.

Personally from the moment I saw him I thought he was terrible, despite some of the numpties on here comparing him to Adebayor, Drogba and George Weah! :rolleyes:

Crerand Legend

How did you work that out? He failed to be a regular even for the mighty Hull City.

Personally from the moment I saw him I thought he was terrible, despite some of the numpties on here comparing him to Adebayor, Drogba and George Weah! :rolleyes:
I agree Ralphie,I was puzzled at the time he signed.Hope we have done more research into Obertan and Diouf

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Number 8 looks like good player in that clip. Involved in 5(?) of Diouf's goals
Thioune.

He's probably had a better season than Diouf so far.

Ace.

Ace in comparison to the Noggie league that is...

SecondFig

From The Times:

Just the facts, Mame:
the inside line on Manchester United's new signing

Diouf Tor-Kristian Karlsen, a Norwegian football scout who has worked for several leading European clubs, gives us the lowdown on Mame Biram Diouf, Molde's Senegalese forward who was signed today by Manchester United. Robert Dineen asks the questions.

Sir Alex Ferguson had said he would not make any further signings this summer. Were you surprised that he moved for Diouf?
There had been much speculation over the past week that he would leave Norway as he scored four goals in Molde's most recent home game in front of about 20 scouts but nobody expected him to go to United.

He had been linked with clubs in Germany and Holland while FC Copenhagen, the biggest club in Scandinavia, had made a bid but he seems to have skipped a rung on the career ladder by signing for United.

How did the signing come about?
Diouf's agent has helped several young players move to United's academy so they had a relationship with him but the strongest link was with Ole Gunnar Solkskjaer, the United reserve team manager who used to play for Molde. You suspect he will have alerted Sir Alex about Diouf and about the increased interest in him over the past few days.

What kind of player is Diouf?
He is centre forward with attributes that make him a very exciting prospect. He is extremely strong, quick and excellent in the air. In his first two seasons at Molde, he had played on the right wing without making a great impact, partly because he was profligate in front of goal. But he switched to centre forward this season and his finishing is hugely improved.

Is he good enough for United?
He certainly has the qualities needed to adapt to the quicker tempo and increased physical demands of English football. He is also popular with team-mates and fans, which suggests he has the personality needed to adapt to the spotlight.

But I'm not sure how close he would get to the United first team and he may have been better served by moving to a side in the middle or lower end of the Premier League.

The fee has not been disclosed. How much is he worth?
Before United moved for him, he was expected to fetch about £2 million but speculation suggests Sir Alex will pay closer to £4 million, beginning with a lump sum and further instalments based on appearances. That would present quite a profit on a player that Molde recruited from an academy in Dakar.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Why sell Manucho and bring him in. I mean. Lolwhut?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why sell Manucho and bring him in. I mean. Lolwhut?
Er....because at least he's played in a European league? He's younger, scoring more goals and no doubt we've been watching him for a while given our strong Norwegian contacts.

wancolos

He was valued at around £2.5-3. However, about 12 clubs were after him, including the likes of Lyon, so naturally the price was squeezed up a bit. To somewhere in the area of £4. Don't know how much of it will be paid upfront, but I'm pretty sure not all of it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He was valued at around £2.5-3. However, about 12 clubs were after him, including the likes of Lyon, so naturally the price was squeezed up a bit. To somewhere in the area of £4. Don't know how much of it will be paid upfront, but I'm pretty sure not all of it.
£4? fecking bargain

wancolos

£4? fecking bargain
Time will tell I suppose...

£4 for a Noggie player is a lot though.

Norwegian clubs very rarely sell players for that kinda money.

That said, he's one of the biggest talents around over here.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Good signing for such a small amount. Like the Manucho signing, it is practically risk free. His goal record is quite impressive for one so young.

I take it he's fast?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Time will tell I suppose...

£4 for a Noggie player is a lot though.

Norwegian clubs very rarely sell players for that kinda money.

That said, he's one of the biggest talents around over here.
Yeah we shouldn't have paid a penny more than £3.27

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Does anyone know how he's getting his work permit? He hasn't capped for his country and I don't think he has a Norwegian passport. Are we going to apply for the special talent exception?

Adzzz

Staff
Er....because at least he's played in a European league? He's younger, scoring more goals and no doubt we've been watching him for a while given our strong Norwegian contacts.
Okay...

Manucho didn't play in the premiership then? We hardly gave the lad a chance at United, yeah he's younger, yeah he's scored 12 goals in a full season, Manucho has been on loan to Hull had about 9 games and scored 2.

What is the link between Manucho and this guy? :confused:
They're both strikers, one's just been sold without a decent chance and the other we've just bought and they seem quite similar in play-style too.

wancolos

Okay...

Manucho didn't play in the premiership then? We hardly gave the lad a chance at United, yeah he's younger, yeah he's scored 12 goals in a full season, Manucho has been on loan to Hull had about 9 games and scored 2.

They're both strikers, one's just been sold without a decent chance and the other we've just bought and they seem quite similar in play-style too.
He couldn't get a game at fecking Hull...

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Okay...

They dont look similar in style to me. I think this guy looks pretty quick and dynamic. Manucho was not particularly quick and dynamic.

We signed Manucho as a complete wildcard. He obviously didn't show enough in training/the reserves/at Hull to merit being given an opportunity in our first team.

This kid is less of a wildcard. The Norwegian league isn't great but its far more notable than the Angolan league. If he impresses in training/the reserves/on loan then I'm sure he will get opportunities.

Adzzz

Staff
He couldn't get a game at fecking Hull...
Fair enough, those relatively few he played though he got a couple of goals, in a much harder league than the Norwegian.

They dont look similar in style to me. I think this guy looks pretty quick and dynamic. Manucho was not particularly quick and dynamic.

We signed Manucho as a complete wildcard. He obviously didn't show enough in training/the reserves/at Hull to merit being given an opportunity in our first team.

This kid is less of a wildcard. The Norwegian league isn't great but its far more notable than the Angolan league. If he impresses in training/the reserves/on loan then I'm sure he will get opportunities.
Fair points well made. Diouf didn't strike me as lightning quick from the little I've seen, but I definitely thought it was a similar playing style, although this lad looks very good with his head.

I agree the Norwegian league is stronger than the Angolan league - but this lad is still something of a wildcard, I guess my basic point was: surely Manucho deserved more of a chance before we sold him and bring someone who I think looks to play in a 'similar' way.

I'm no way against this lad and I hope does he well here.