United fans are protesting at Carrington

alexthelion

I think you´re greatly underestimating the effect of fan protests. The Glazers chose to withdraw from the SL, didn´t they.
How much was that down to opposition by the players and Ole?

No Love

Some of you should try living in NI. Plenty of flegs around these parts for you to enjoy.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Unity of football fans is key to this. Listening to John W Henry - so tone deaf, so disconnected.

van Nistelrooy

Excellent scenes outside Old Trafford today. Well done all who attended.

Let's keep the anti-Glazer/Woodward (he's not gone yet) protests going inside and out of the ground.

::sonny::

Now it is the time to bring this on another level:

Next step: PALM BEACH

There is no a fan club in Miami that can organize a protest there? Don’t see any difficult

Cast5

Thought today would be a plastic protest because of the lads behind it, but well done. Brilliant turnout, let’s make next weeks even better.

MattyLT

Just because Joe the Englishman on redcafe doesn't care for symbols his grandfathers fought for doesn't mean other countries are the same.
To semi-quote Bill Hicks:

They didn't fight for the flag, but for what the flag represents - which is the freedom to burn the flag.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
To semi-quote Bill Hicks:

They didn't fight for the flag, but for what the flag represents - which is the freedom to burn the flag.
A bit different from what I understand under freedom but ok.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As an American, I am surprisingly not offended by this in the slightest. Maybe it's the good looking lady distracting me from the flag on fire. :lol:
Agree with the lack of concern about the flag burning.

Confused about the sentiment towards the female.

stw2022

The problem is using the fact we temporarily joined the ESL as a basis for protesting the owners then in the next breath, effectively, to turn around and say "wouldn't be nice if we were owned by one of those billionaire sugar daddy owners, like the ones that run Chelsea and City who also temporarily joined the ESL"

Taking a stand against the owners will not work if the cause is highjacked by those whose sole interest is to vindicate their own position by reigniting the debate on the same terms as they did a decade ago. I'm disheartened how the whole ESL thing appears to be increasingly irrelevant to the cause and I think this is one of the primary reasons why it will have less of an impact on the Glazers than protests at other clubs where the anger does seem focused, specific and lots more effective.

Here? People busting out the Green and Gold again, like flares have made a comeback. I'm sorry but it needs to be appreciated outside of 'top red paranoia' of posting this online, just how many United fans eyes roll when they see that. Lessons as to why the protests failed last time are not being learnt and will end the same way.

RedDevilzFox

ESL was a calculation mistake. Add the concept of relegation and promotion to it and it would have faired much better. That was the single thing that made everyone throw up their arms in frustration and anger and was seen as pure greed.

stw2022

ESL was a calculation mistake. Add the concept of relegation and promotion to it and it would have faired much better. That was the single thing that made everyone throw up their arms in frustration and anger and was seen as pure greed.
Indeed but for any movement to succeed the focus needs to be on this issue. The tone deafness of the campaign last time failed because it didn't really engage fans and the aims seemed vague and the logic confused and the same thing has returned. Even to the point of breaking out the same outfits.

"Let's sell ourselves to unnamed benefactors whose names, existence, wealth, intentions, or competency to fulfil the role we can't verify" - which was for all intents and purposes what the whole pro 'Red Knights' issue was, failed. To this day many 'G&G' and #LUHG enthusiasts pretend to be surprised by that.

We're back here again with the SAME arguments being made only with those unknown 'Knights' being replaced by an unknown 'billionaire'. A random billionaire. Heck, presumably any Tory with a massive inheritance is a fit an proper person to run the club?

Sorry but 'Let's sell ourselves to anyone' isn't a cause that will ever convince enough fans to join to be effective no matter how quickly we dust down and rush into our retro green and gold frocks. Until fans learn this, the Glazers will continue to sit pretty.