United finally setting up a women's team | Championship application successful

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was talking to a teenage relative a couple of weeks back, and the subject drifted to football. Realising she was interested, I asked her if she'd been to a United match, and she told me no, but she'd been to a few of City's women's matches with her friend.

Naturally I was horrified and threw her out of the house. Well, I thought about doing that anyway :smirk:. I've told her that I'll take her and her pal to their first men's match (United obviously, probably a CL game) and I'll take them to one of the women's games as well.

I wanted us to have a women's team, it just seemed obvious to me that we should. I knew (in theory) that we were missing something in the community and in danger of missing a way to connect to some young fans. Realising she'd started to identify with City not because of Pep or trophies but because of the women's team still came as a shock though.
:lol: no one would of blamed you for that.

And you are right it really does open up a new door for new young female fans. Come to think of it us not having a women's team all these years has got to be the reason we see any young city fans about at all. Why else would they choose pep over money.