United goals that made you lose your s***!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
8 year old me was still going mental for Sheringham's equaliser when Solskjaer scored the winner. :lol:

big rons sovereign

Rashford's first against arsenal.
Either of Rooney's against Boro in the cup.
Russell Beardsmore against the vermin new year's Day 1990. Or was it 89? I dunno.
Anyway I was there for all of them, I don't really go nuts watching it on the TV.
Ok, maybe Rooney against arsenal ending their run, the whole pub went mental for that one.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Chicharito against Chelsea in like the first 40 seconds, 2010/11. I was still living at home, my yelling woke up my parents.

Revan

Assumptionman
Crazy, I know, but the hardest I ever celebrated was when John Terry missed that penalty. Probably my adrenaline level was higher than if I jumped with a parachute. I have never celebrated something as much, heck I don’t remember if I fully caught the next penalty (it was Ando, right).

More recently, Rashford against PSG.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
1.Jimmy Greenhof 79 Cup semi replay V Pool.
2.Bryan Robson's V Pool at Goidison, 85 Cup semi.
3.Whiteside's winner V Everton 85. FA Cup final.
4.Ray Wilkins curler v Brighton 83 Cup final.
5.Steve Bruce's winner v Shef Wed. 93.
6.Cantona's winner V Pool. 96 FA Cup final.
7.OGS winner V pool 99 FA Cup.
8.Giggs winner V Arsenal 99 FA Cup.
9.OGS winner V Bayern 99 CL Final.
10.Ronaldo from 40 yards V Porto in the CL.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Most important ones already mentioned so gonna go with imo best pre-season goal. Didn't know when to lose shit more - Veron pass or Ruud's finish in Van Basten's mood.

Mike Smalling

In the 09/10 season we had three (!) injury time winners against City. Owen at Old Trafford, Rooney in the league cup and Scholes at the Emptihad. This was around the time, when City bought all the strikers in the market and were beginning to look like a threat, so it felt good to put them in their place in true Fergie style :cool:

Particularly Scholes' goal was great, because it was at their ground and it kept our title hopes alive (even though we did not go on to win it). Can remember going crazy for that one!

Withnail

I was about 11/12 watching this back on VHS as the highlights were on well past my bedtime.

I went mad when Hughes scored the goal where he rounded the keeper and scored from that ridiculous angle.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Goals I saw live.

Scholes vs Barcelona: Fell forward 3 rows, lost my mobile, had someone pass it back up to me.
Rooney vs City: Cried I was so happy. (Also the last game I attended with my grandparents).
Owen vs City: Crazy celebrations after a crazy game.
RVP vs Villa: Unreal.

Recent games that I didn't go to but celebrated like mad for:

Rashford vs PSG
Matic vs Palace
McTominay vs City

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Scholes goal vs Barca for me in the all time most memorable goals of scholes
I was in OT for that game sitting behind the goal Scholes scored in. Went crazy afterwards and was hugging the fan sitting next to me who I didn’t know and who came from Canada just for that game.

Robertd0803

Too many to recount. Some are just a blur.

Heres a funny one though, Utd v Liverpool 12/13 Old Trafford. The Evra celebrating in front of Suarez game.
2-0 and coasting and they pull 1 back in injury time but we win anyway. Full time the brother runs out to the front garden to slide on his knees. The front garden is bone dry and uneven so instead of sliding he tumbles head over heels in a tangle of limbs and ended up rolling in a heap as if he fell out of a car in a movie. Destroyed his clothes and was pretty banged up afterwards :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neilwij

The Rooney Bicycle kick against city, I was very proud to say that I witnessed it. It's funny because my best mate at the time was saying he is useless and should be taken off, then we turn to look at the pitch just in time to see Rooney score that worldie!. Awesome memories..

Also Martial's debut goal against Liverpool that was a special moment too

Tarrou

random pick; Evra's goal against Bayern under Moyes

it was a very very short glimmer of hope in an otherwise horrific season

cracking goal too!

montpelier

Hughes - Oldham

Giggs - 99 FACup semi

Whiteside - 1985

Goals 2 and 3 vs Barca 1984, within a couple of minutes of each other. And the noise, and what we were stood on literally shaking.

Al-T

Cantona v Newcastle, March '96. Pub full of 'neutrals' all shouting for Newcastle and cursing Big Pete.

My mate and I had been pretty quiet but we both went daft.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Rooney's bikey - I was living in Liverpool at the time, watching in a bar. I don't think I've ever jumped up so impulsively in my life. Even my Spurs supporting mate did the same.

Gopher Brown

I celebrated the Macheda one more than I have goals in cup finals. Iconic.
I’m totally with you. I leapt about a bit when Terry slipped, and I celebrated Sheringham’s goal more than Ole’s, but that Macheda goal came after an incredibly frustrating 90 minutes. Don’t know why it was so much purer than any cup final I can remember.

Phil

Ronaldo v Fulham to make it 2-1. I did a flip on my bed somehow.

always_hoping

It's the first time I remember going full on out-of-body mental. My parents still laugh about it now.

So incredibly tense watching that game play out, Oldham rode their luck all game and it looked like being one of those days, then in the last minute of extra time sparky produces that

Extraordinary
Great memory and at the time when the FA Cup meant a lot more than nowadays.

Hughes was one of my favourite players I was gutted when he left the club for good in 1995. Scorer of great and important goals, one of the best forwards United had for holding the ball up and bringing others into the game.

1991 ECWC Final vs Barca. Hughes goal. United's first European trophy since '68. We knew Fergie had turned it around and the club was back when Sparky smashed this in against his former club. Iconic goal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I remember a goal Berbatov scored v Bolton in 2011 in the last minute. We had 10 men and had been shocking all game and I went mental. That’s one of the less obvious ones.

Eire Red United

Couple of obvious ones like Rooney vs City overhead kick, Macheda vs Villa and RVP’s screamer against Villa. Remember madly celebrating a random scrappy Tevez either late winner or equaliser against Blackburn too for some reason.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Owen “unless we score” goal vs City. That was a tight game. 6 goals, 5th added minute (or so), both teams were determined to prove a point...

And then he scores. Former Liverpool icon scoring the winner for United in a crazy derby.

Perhaps, it was not the most important United goal... But the game intensity, boiling atmosphere at the stadium, insane score to the moment, in short, the goal became the culmination of the perfect spectacle. Great memory.

Another memorable Owen moment is 1998 vs Argentina. The goal came from nowhere.

Tel074

Goals I saw live.

Scholes vs Barcelona: Fell forward 3 rows, lost my mobile, had someone pass it back up to me.
Rooney vs City: Cried I was so happy. (Also the last game I attended with my grandparents).
Owen vs City: Crazy celebrations after a crazy game.
RVP vs Villa: Unreal.

Recent games that I didn't go to but celebrated like mad for:

Rashford vs PSG
Matic vs Palace
McTominay vs City

Owen v City was a unbelievable day at OT . I think we where still going crazy 10 mins after it .
The nou camp in 99 for me can never be topped . By the time we had calmed down celebrating the first goal we had the corner for the second it was insane .
I had a massive headache I had to sit down I thought my brain was about to explode .
Even now thinking about it makes me smile .

Another one was O'Sheas late winner at Anfield that was the best win ive experienced there.

Eagles away at Everton . That clinched the title and it was a sweet moment for Rooney after the abuse he took that day .

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There is one above all others for me, still to this day. Ma-ch-eeddaaaaaaaaa!

Havak

Pokemon master
Obvious ones being:

Sheringham & Solskjaer vs. Bayern Munich (Champion's League 2-1)
Giggs vs. Arsenal (FA Cup 2-1)
Owen vs. Man City (Premier League 4-3)
Rooney vs. Man City (Premier League 2-1)
Macheda vs. Aston Villa (Premier League 3-2)
Scholes vs. Barcelona (Champion's League 1-0)
Smith vs. Roma (Champion's League 7-1)
Van Persie vs. Man City (Premier League 3-2)
Ronaldo vs. Porto (Champion's League 1-0)
Ronaldo vs. Arsenal (Champion's League 3-1) [Both Goals]

Other ones that spring to mind but weren't necessarily in huge games or were late winners:

Ronaldo vs. West Ham (Premier League 2-0) [Berbatov Assist]
Ronaldo vs. Portsmouth (Premier League 2-0)
Beckham vs. Wimbledon (Premier League 3-0)
Scholes vs. Bradford (Premier League 4-0)
McTominay vs. Man City (Premier League 2-0)

lex talionis

The first one that always comes to mind is Giggs v Arsenal. Massive occasion, bitter rival, brilliantly taken (though I've wondered WTF Seaman was thinking by falling back).

Keane header v Juve
Ronaldo free kick v Almunia from extreme long distance
O'Shea's chip over Almunia -- the look on his face afer he scored was as great as the goal itself
Ole at the Camp Nou
Cantona v Liverpool through a forest of shirts

Swiss_Red89

United related it has to be Rashford vs PSG, Rooney vs City and John Terrys penalty miss. (I got an epic bollocking from my mother after it as it was about midnight):lol::lol: I also loved Chichas equaliser at the bridge to make it 3:3 for some reason.

But the number one goal for me in terms of losing my shit was Shaqiri's equaliser for Switzerland vs Poland at the Euro2016. I stood directly behind the goal and i've never seen a stand of swiss fans go crazy like this. My mates told me i did something like "crowdsurfing" as i really fell down four or five rows. I also injured my elbow quite a bit with this celebration.:lol:

paulscholes18

Lukaku x2 v PSG
Rooney V City, only time I have swore when United have scored

Not a goal but Gerrard’s red card I bust out laughing

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Hargreaves free kick vs Arsenal. When CR7 was at his best and banging in the free kicks he set the ball up and smirked because he knew he'd set it up for the Hargreaves top corner. Jens Lehmann and the entire Arsenal team had their feet in concrete and the ball went fizzing into the top corner

IAmAWinner

Less obvious one, but RVP's first goal for us, against Fulham. World class finish, went absolutely nuts, then I understood what a gunman we had just signed.