United in talks with Tinder for £12m sleeve sponsorship | Tinder team up with City instead

Robertd0803

Anyone done a mock-up of the jersey with a sleeve sponsor to see how shit it looks?

I tend to live in United jerseys so really really do not want my normal everyday attire to have a logo on the sleeves or look like some tacky jersey from France/Spain that has a sponsor on every available inch of the jersey.

Sterling Archer

If you are going to get outraged, then try and be informed.

Nike doesn't use child labour. They definitely fell foul of this in the past - in the 1980s they had the view that since they didn't own any factories, then it was not their responsibility. The protests thankfully worked and Nike is now seen as one of the most transparent organizations with regard to fair use of labour. For years all companies kept the list of factories that they worked with secret. Nike was the first to publicly list every factory that is has contracts with.

From what I recall, the minimum age for workers in a footwear factory is 18 and it is 16 for an apparel factory.
I am aware my reference is old but the point remains the same. Switch Nike for Apple or whatever if it helps you feel better.

Also, swoosh, swoosh swoosh my balls :angel:

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Anyone done a mock-up of the jersey with a sleeve sponsor to see how shit it looks?

I tend to live in United jerseys so really really do not want my normal everyday attire to have a logo on the sleeves or look like some tacky jersey from France/Spain that has a sponsor on every available inch of the jersey.
If you're wearing a football shirt as everyday clothing I don't think it's a sponsor that's making you look tacky.

RedDevil@84

Are people really arguing about the morality of having that logo?? I thought it was all about how cringe worthy the logo on the jersey would be..

Robertd0803

If you're wearing a football shirt as everyday clothing I don't think it's a sponsor that's making you look tacky.
Wonderful insight there. Im not the only one that does this so we must all look tacky then. I spend enough on the jerseys so Im going to wear them and thankfully don't need to wear a stupid uniform at work.

Are people really arguing about the morality of having that logo?? I thought it was all about how cringe worthy the logo on the jersey would be..
I agree, I don't want any bloody logo on the sleeves.

KristianMackle

I think we're going a bit too far with these deals. Next thing you know, we'll be partnering with the Royal Family for £5 mil a year.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just realised that City/liverpool have sleeve sponsors...why haven't we got one?

van Nistelrooy

Everton have signed a sleeve sponsorship deal with 'Angry Birds' and it will debut on their shirts at Old Trafford today.

Their fans are losing it because the main angry bird is red :lol:

Tinder would be no more embarrassing that this.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
Everton have signed a sleeve sponsorship deal with 'Angry Birds' and it will debut on their shirts at Old Trafford today.

Their fans are losing it because the main angry bird is red :lol:

Tinder would be no more embarrassing that this.
You'd have thought Rooney was hoping to use football to get away from angry birds.

Reactions: Cheesy

Hawkeye

We havent signed on as I bet we are trying to find a better company than Tinder.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
We should see if Grindr are willing to sponsor us, at least we'll be promoting what football is about anyway, men playing with balls.

Green_Red

Lakakus new chant coupled with that logo... Classy!

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
85 year old United season ticket holder goes to the match, sees Tinder on the sleeves so decides to use the phone his great-grandson gave him as a hand me down to investigate.

Don't be surprised to see a load of widows and widowers and Bob from down the Nags popping up on your screen sometime soon :D I can only imagine the rise in users who've never heard of Tinder and it's hilarious.

Lj82

It's hilarious to see Rooney in a Everton shirt with the words angry Bird on it :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doesn't look the worst in that mockup. Angry Birds looks pretty bad though. Bring back Sharp la etc

FromTheBench

We are probably gonna get more than 12 million, imo.

Wonder when it gets finalized.

prateik

Still not done. Woody is a hard bastard. Who ever we get, it will be for a lot of money.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Seems it has fallen through:

It's really strange that we haven't announced anybody yet. Maybe we aren't too fussed about it? Going to make a big announcement when time is right or are struggling to get what we want? Think that is most of the bases covered.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's really strange that we haven't announced anybody yet. Maybe we aren't too fussed about it? Going to make a big announcement when time is right or are struggling to get what we want? Think that is most of the bases covered.
Richard Arnold (United one - not the ITV presenter) did a presentation a while ago about us taking our time with stuff like social media so we know how the competition does and how best to approach it when we do enter the market like we did with YouTube. I assume it is the case with shirt sponsor. We're seeing what deals the other teams do then can try and gazump them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Richard Arnold (United one - not the ITV presenter) did a presentation a while ago about us taking our time with stuff like social media so we know how the competition does and how best to approach it when we do enter the market like we did with YouTube. I assume it is the case with shirt sponsor. We're seeing what deals the other teams do then can try and gazump them.
That would be sensible. Glad we haven't gone with Tinder. Would prefer someone who will pay us a lot of money, but is classy.

Marcky411

United in talks with Tinder for £12m sleeve sponsorship | Tinder team up with City instead

Would say we dodged a bullet there, because besides the morality of it, who wants to have Tinder or a Tinder logo on their shirt.
What is actually more concerning (if true) that sponsor are starting to snub Man Utd for City.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Would say we dodged a bullet there, because besides the morality of it, who wants to have Tinder or a Tinder logo on their shirt.

What is actually more concerning (if true) that sponsor are starting to snub Man Utd for City.
Did we get snubbed?