United player of the season

Who is United's player of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It's Valencia for me. He's the only one who kept his level throughout the season. Zlatan scored the goals obviously but he had some really poor games that also cost us points

Donut

I think Pogba influences our play the most. He's the first name on the team sheet for me, so he gets my vote.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't decide between Ibra, Herrera and Valencia. Those 3 the clear top 3 though. All have their merits and have been consistently class all season. Voting for Herrera because how good he played yesterday :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ibra, easily. I know the hipsters might say either Valencia or Herrera (depending on their hipster level) but it really is undeniably Zlatan.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Valencia.
I can't recall him putting a foot wrong all season.

Obviously he has, but i'm emphasizing the point, he's been the most consistent player in our team, and has contributed to a lot of points via His superb Attacking & defensive play this season.

Back to his glorious best.

Carl

:lol: at some people that don't even have Zlatan in the top 3. The hipster is strong in those people.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
You cannot be serious, 'easily'? Yes he's won us alot of points this season, but he's also missed by far the most opportunities in the premier league by a margin aswell, meaning he's cost us alot of point, and at times his ball retention has been poor.

To brand others hipsters simply because they think that Valencia has been the player of the season, which entails all aspects of football, is absurd.

arthurka

Valencia
Herrera and Ibra joint 2nd-3rd

Gone for Valencia because he has played some fantastic football this season.
Can't remember anyone giving him a hard time this season..

Zlatan has had some great output but has been lacking in many games and sometimes looks like he couldn't be bothered.

Herrera has been rock solid apart from a few games lately but was back to his firing best yesterday.

Carl

You cannot be serious, 'easily'? Yes he's won us alot of points this season, but he's also missed by far the most opportunities in the premier league by a margin aswell, meaning he's cost us alot of point, and at times his ball retention has been poor.

To brand others hipsters simply because they think that Valencia has been the player of the season, which entails all aspects of football, is absurd.
Yes, "easily". For all Valencia's performances this season how many goals, assists and motms does he actually have?

He's been very good, but has he actually influenced the results of football matches often enough? I think you know that the answer is no.

Carl

Ok, to take another angle on it, answer me this; who would we have missed the most had they not played this season?

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
One game doesn't determine player of the season. Valencia or Ibra are miles ahead in terms of consistency.
He's a midfielder and has controlled one game properly.
Next thing people are looking to rub others noses in it for questioning him, and a load are calling for him to be captain.

This place man.

I don't think Herrera has been inconsistent at all; in fact he has been tremendous in controlling the game from deep positions. If you look at his stats for the season, he's had more tackles and interceptions than anyone in the team including all our defenders, clears the ball well and always to a teammate; the other aspect of a midfielder i.e the passing has been flawless - he has raked in most assists ; has made most passes per game (2nd most long balls) and hardly misplaces a pass. He also manages to find space to get in among the action at goalmouth.

Herrera: (Defensive)

Herrera: (Passing)

Last edited:

el3mel

Definitely not all the "18" chances people are copying everywhere are missed in games that we lost points in. He missed chances in other games that we won so that stats is just not accurate nor this sentence is.

The second thing is in almost every game we lost points and Zlatan missed chances, his teammates also missed a lot of chances but only one player is hammered for his chances but no one else so can you explain why ??

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'd have to say Valencia, though I can understand the reasons for posters arguing Zlatan, for consistent top performances week in, week out, so far it has to be Valencia.

Mike09

Yes, "easily". For all Valencia's performances this season how many goals, assists and motms does he actually have?

He's been very good, but has he actually influenced the results of football matches often enough? I think you know that the answer is no.
If I'm not mistaken Valencia is our most player of the month winner this season. And if you watch the game, how many times he's been creating our chances this season? We rely a lot on him as well in term of creating chances that is part of being influenced as well. He would have got more assists if our attackers do not miss their chances.

So Valencia is being influenced in the team is still considered to be very critical knowing that we rely on him a lot as well when we are attacking. Defensively he's the best one in the league for a right back in stats. In term of consistent he's our most consistent player. So i think these three factors are enough to say he deserves the player of the season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Zlatan
Valencia
Herrera

Honourable mention to Rojo, who's been a revelation barring his stupid two-footed antics. It's good being able to vote for a few guys other than DDG (no offence Dave, please stay).

Mike09

I don't think Herrera has been inconsistent at all; in fact he has been tremendous in controlling the game from deep positions. If you look at his stats for the season, he's had more tackles and interceptions than anyone in the team including all our defenders, clears the ball well and always to a teammate; the other aspect of a midfielder i.e the passing has been flawless - he has raked in most assists ; has made most passes per game (2nd most long balls) and hardly misplaces a pass. He also manages to find space to get in among the action at goalmouth.

Herrera: (Defensive)

Herrera: (Passing)
I can't say Herrera is inconsistent. He's been very consistent. But in term consistency I think Valencia is ahead of him while Herrera is no 2. (Rojo no 3 I think).

I remember Herrera had some poor games, but I don't remember Valencia had a single bad game this season. His worst game were 'good game'.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
1. Valencia
2. Zlatan
3. Bailly

as of now. There's still like 10 games to go though. Places of first two can switch and Herrera, Pogba and Rojo have a chance for third.

*Rojo gets the most improved player award.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I feel like Valencia has been more consistent, but his best has been now where near some of the performances of Herrera.
Zlatan for the goals but hes been quite inconsistent.

GBBQ

has to be Zlatan, coming to a new league at 35 and being in contention for the Golden boot. A free singing to boot as well, great business.

GailSpaceWynand

I can't say Herrera is inconsistent. He's been very consistent. But in term consistency I think Valencia is ahead of him while Herrera is no 2. (Rojo no 3 I think).

I remember Herrera had some poor games, but I don't remember Valencia had a single bad game this season. His worst game were 'good game'.
I agree. Tony hasn't had a single bad game while Herrera has had a few but imo considering that his stats seem even more impressive.

RedDevil@84

Zlatan probably is carrying us by outscoring opposition in at least a decent number of matches

GailSpaceWynand

My thinking is that the MFs (Pogba, Herrera) in our squad would benefit greatly by having a proper holding mid amongst our midst. Next season, we'll see a bit more offensive actions from them but for this season - Zlatan and Valencia have been better.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He's been the best and most consistent CB at United, that's for damn sure.
I love his attitude, he's a wonderful centre back. We don't know how lucky we are to have a lad with such steel and bravery at the back. He's an intelligent player too. I didn't have to think twice about who to vote for.

Web of Bissaka

Players of the Season:

1) Zlatan. Simply, he carried us with his goals and presence. Free. 2 Cups won.

2) Herrera. The hidden engine from start to finish of the season. Best consistent performer in attack and defence.

3) Rojo. Our best defender by far. Our defense is so bad without him playing at CB.

4) Valencia. Rejuvenation. Became one of the best consistent RB.

5) Mata. Best supporting player with important tactical roles in attack and midfield. Vital contributions of goals.

6) Carrick. He first brought life and confidence to our team during the turnaround last September(?) and still do.

SirScholes

It's Valencia for me. He's the only one who kept his level throughout the season. Zlatan scored the goals obviously but he had some really poor games that also cost us points
Tbf his service from martial rashford lingard and mhiki has been nonexistent

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
1, Valencia - Has delivered pretty much every game
2, Ibrahimovic - scored the goals that has kept us in the top four chase.
3, Herrera - Even when his form has dipped, he's always battles always given his all, has been asked to play a new more defensive role, which i still don't think suits his skill set, but considering that he has done brilliantly.