United Reserves vs Liverpoo Reserves

redender

Wannabe Manc
Gary Neville has been named in the Reserves' squad to face Liverpool on Tuesday evening.

The Reds' club captain has been in full training and is set to step up his comeback against the Merseysiders at Warrington Wolves' Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Neville featured for the Reserves against Everton in January, scoring in a 45 minute cameo before being withdrawn with a tight hamstring. After nearly 11 months on the sidelines, he will hope for Tuesday's match to provide some much-needed match sharpness as he continues his recovery.

He is part of a strong squad named by Brian McClair and Jim Ryan, who will be eager for their side to regain a foothold in the Barclays Premier Reserve League title race.

A solitary point from recent matches against Blackburn and Wigan have damaged the Reds' hopes of a third title in four years, but victory over Gary Ablett's side, who head the table by six points, could kickstart a late charge.

Fans who wish to attend can purchase tickets at the stadium ticket office, and are encouraged to ask for South Stand terrace tickets when purchasing. Tickets are priced at £5 for Adults and £2 for concessions.

United squad: Heaton, Zieler; Neville, Pique, Simpson, Eckersley, Chester; Hewson, Cleverley, Possebon, S Evans, Jones; Eagles, Welbeck, Macheda, Bryan.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Gary Neville has been named in the Reserves' squad to face Liverpool on Tuesday evening.

The Reds' club captain has been in full training and is set to step up his comeback against the Merseysiders at Warrington Wolves' Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Neville featured for the Reserves against Everton in January, scoring in a 45 minute cameo before being withdrawn with a tight hamstring. After nearly 11 months on the sidelines, he will hope for Tuesday's match to provide some much-needed match sharpness as he continues his recovery.

He is part of a strong squad named by Brian McClair and Jim Ryan, who will be eager for their side to regain a foothold in the Barclays Premier Reserve League title race.

A solitary point from recent matches against Blackburn and Wigan have damaged the Reds' hopes of a third title in four years, but victory over Gary Ablett's side, who head the table by six points, could kickstart a late charge.

Fans who wish to attend can purchase tickets at the stadium ticket office, and are encouraged to ask for South Stand terrace tickets when purchasing. Tickets are priced at £5 for Adults and £2 for concessions.

United squad: Heaton, Zieler; Neville, Pique, Simpson, Eckersley, Chester; Hewson, Cleverley, Possebon, S Evans, Jones; Eagles, Welbeck, Macheda, Bryan.
Woo hoo! :D

Not sure if this is the best game to ease him back into action, mind you. I don't see him pulling out of any challenges, to protect his gammy leg. He hates scousers, you know. Allegedly.

Great news, though. If he can stay fit, he will add a whole new dimension to our attacking play, at a crucial stage in the season.

Good to see the Welbeck and Macheda reunited too. They've both struggled without their strike partner of choice.

I'm looking forward to watching this one.

Decotron

Woo hoo! :D

Not sure if this is the best game to ease him back into action, mind you. I don't see him pulling out of any challenges, to protect his gammy leg. He hates scousers, you know. Allegedly.

Great news, though. If he can stay fit, he will add a whole new dimension to our attacking play, at a crucial stage in the season.

Good to see the Welbeck and Macheda reunited too. They've both struggled without their strike partner of choice.

I'm looking forward to watching this one.
Is it on MUTV?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Great to see Macheda in the squad. Not bad for a 16 year old. Will be very interesting to hear how Rodrigo does as well. I don´t have MUTV so I´m counting on someone to keep the updates coming :)

oskarutd

My guees:
Heaton
Neville, Pique, Chester, Simpson
Eagles, Hewson, Jones, Rodrigo, S Evans
Welbeck
Subs: Zieler, Eckersley, Cleverley, Cico, Bryan.

Neville might be spared and used as center half and than Eckersley will replace Chester and be a rb.

RedPhil1957

My guees:
Heaton
Neville, Pique, Chester, Simpson
Eagles, Hewson, Jones, Rodrigo, S Evans
Welbeck
Subs: Zieler, Eckersley, Cleverley, Cico, Bryan.

Neville might be spared and used as center half and than Eckersley will replace Chester and be a rb.

Neville will continue training rather than be risked in a game

Saints RL MUFC

I may head down to it, the Halliwell Jones is awesome for Saints Wire games.

Also you can see what safe standing is like.

AND, they sell beer in two pint pots!

Virtuoso

Precisely mate, great to see that Macheda's already pushing up into the Reserves. 16 years old but really plays with maturity beyond his years. I'm hoping that this Italian forward will be able to make it at Old Trafford and go on to become a United and Azzurri forward :cool: Long way yet to go for him though, but he's got the potential.

Nice to see Gary Neville back again too, let's hope this is the end of the little setbacks. Going to be a tough game against the Scousers but confident we can string together a good performance and result.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Love it if we get this result:

United Reserves 1 - 0 Liverpool Reserves
G Neville (89)

although I doubt Neville is fit enough to play the full ninety

PS18

starting lineup is heaton; eckersley, neville, piqué, simpson; cleverley, hewson, possebon, evans; eagles, welbeck.

scousers line up - bouzanis; darby, san jose, agger, insua; flynn, plessis, alonso, kewell; spearing, nemeth.

Fuzzymel

A fair few United fans lol

Nice chorus of Gary Neville is a Red