United Reserves vs Liverpoo Reserves

pert

2-0 Liverpool, it's on!

Open top bus ride back to Bootle

And the greatest reserves in the world, woh-oh

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The obviously bent officiating aside, why the feck was Simpson trying to head a ball that was rolling across the floor?

PS18

er, that's surely over the line (regardless of how desperately Simo seemed to try to miss it)? unbelievable.

still, Kewell might get a new contract off the back of that so it's not all bad.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Liverpool resorting to paying off officials in the reserve league, in a desperate bid to make Harry Kewell look competent.

Harsh really. Thought we deserved a draw at least based on the second half. Based on both of the pattern of play, and the fact that we scored two goals

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
How did Rodrigo do in the second half? And what about Macheda and Welbeck?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Sinch's review of the game:

Linesman and ref decided not to give two United goals - the first one because they couldn't believe we could actually come up with a decent move, which was sort of fair enough, and the second because the linesman applauded Simpson's superb effort to head it safely to the keeper from an almost impossible angle, even though he actually failed and scored by accident.

Eckersley was a mite unlucky to be sent off for Eagles' foul. Not easy to mistake a floppy haired emo with a ginger nut, but apparently it can be done.

Kewell somehow managed to score. Law of averages I guess.

Eagles was half Ricky Villa, half Micky Village. Rest of United players were a bit embarrassed by the scum in midfield, but then they did have Alonso playing.

Possebon was sort of tidy, but does that thing where he steps on the ball and redirects it too often. Reminds me of Eric two names, which is not so good.

Hewson was rough and tumble. Mostly rough.

Welbeck and Macheda hardly touched the ball.

The defence was all over the place at the end, but they were chasing it.

Heaton was good. Simpson was sort of good in that he busted a gut, and kept on defending right to the end, even when in Liverpool's box faced with an open goal.

Kelvin

feck the ref and he should just retire, we got cheated and denied 2 legitmate goal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Eckersley was a mite unlucky to be sent off for Eagles' foul. Not easy to mistake a floppy haired emo with a ginger nut, but apparently it can be done.
Considering you've just mistaken a floppy haired emo for a skin-head black lad, you probably shouldn't take the moral high ground ;)

The rest of your summary is spot on. Depressing an' all that it is.

Virtuoso

How shockingly frustrating was that!

Liverpool were the better side in the first half, of that there's no doubt. We barely had any type of attack and they had 3-4 decent chances (albeit with a few key first teamers). The penalty was a bit soft but I guess it was poor defending by Piqué.

Second half was dominated by us, we had quite a few good chances and probably should have scored one or two. Incredible Beckham-esque shot by Eagles was saved or otherwise it was top corner material. Really disgraceful display by the officials, definite goal by Eagles given as offside to Piqué when it was never offside and at the end Simpson's header was blatantly over the line...once again, somehow not given! Couldn't belive it and soon after that fat, selfish prick Kewell finally scored a goal on the counter attack. By the way, that Eckersley booking was also a flipping joke...a sickening performance by the officials which stank of the cheating scousers.

A real shame that Welbeck was so isolated all game and same goes for Macheda when he came on. At least our young lads showed some real spirit despite being up against an experienced Liverpool side and a bunch of paid off officials.

Ivor Ballokov

Heaton looks a good prospect, should get a year on loan next year which will really be make or break for him.

Macheda looked tidy when he got the ball, Wellbeck suffered with too many balls lumped up to him which the huge liverpool defenders easily dealt with.

Rodrigo was a mixed bag, still learning the style of play though.

Pique should play in midfield.

eagles is the new chadwick, sean evans could be the new eagles.

RedPhil1957

Sinch's review of the game:

Linesman and ref decided not to give two United goals - the first one because they couldn't believe we could actually come up with a decent move, which was sort of fair enough, and the second because the linesman applauded Simpson's superb effort to head it safely to the keeper from an almost impossible angle, even though he actually failed and scored by accident.

Kewell somehow managed to score. Law of averages I guess.

Eagles was half Ricky Villa, half Micky Village. Rest of United players were a bit embarrassed by the scum in midfield, but then they did have Alonso playing.

Possebon was sort of tidy, but does that thing where he steps on the ball and redirects it too often. Reminds me of Eric two names, which is not so good.

Hewson was rough and tumble. Mostly rough.

Welbeck and Macheda hardly touched the ball.

The defence was all over the place at the end, but they were chasing it.

Heaton was good. Simpson was sort of good in that he busted a gut, and kept on defending right to the end, even when in Liverpool's box faced with an open goal.

Heaton and Eagles were our best players yet again. Our passing from the back poor especially Simpson again, although I have to admit he hit a red shirt today far more than he has manged in total for the previous few matches. First half neither side created much but Pool were marginally on top 2nd half we at least deserved a draw for the pressure we managed to put on.

The Ref was a joke as were his assistants in fact on that performance he might well be in the PL next season.

RedPhil1957

Heaton looks a good prospect, should get a year on loan next year which will really be make or break for him.

Macheda looked tidy when he got the ball, Wellbeck suffered with too many balls lumped up to him which the huge liverpool defenders easily dealt with.

Rodrigo was a mixed bag, still learning the style of play though.

Pique should play in midfield.

eagles is the new chadwick, sean evans could be the new eagles.

Eagles is a far better player than Chadwick ever was and I am not sure Evans is in the Chadwick class

RedPhil1957

generally I just meant spindly wide men who will not make it with the first team. I've always liked eagles so it's a pity.

I have always thought Eagles is much more a CM than a wide player.... our standard is so high at the moment he faces an almost impossible task but while he is with us lets hope he continues his improvement ............ might mean a nice fat fee if nothing else.

Ivor Ballokov

I have always thought Eagles is much more a CM than a wide player.... our standard is so high at the moment he faces an almost impossible task but while he is with us lets hope he continues his improvement ............ might mean a nice fat fee if nothing else.
I don't know how true it is but I heard his contract is up at the end of the season so we may get nothing for him. It'll be a pity if he leaves as it'll be another player on the list of people I had high hopes for but didn't get through.

Hopefully Wellbeck will break this trend

sincher

Simpson and Eckersley were both beaten, pretty much without touching him - Eagles ran across his path, but because there were three of them there it wasn't obvious where the contact was made. Fairly obvious to people with eyes and who aren't on the booze or trying to give Liverpool some kind of result this season, but not completely obvious.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't look like anyone fouled him to me. If they did then they made a piss poor effort of doing so.

Was funny watching Kewell clearly trying to show off against a bunch of kids. Even the goal at the end had an air of "look at me, I'm fantastic" about it. What a gimp. If he wasn't so amazingly rubbish, Liverpool would have rapped things up long before reffy the ref and his mates had a chance to help them out.

sincher

That's exactly right about Kewell. The great thing was that he was much, much shitter than most of his team mates. I mean, fair enough, Alonso was miles better than anyone else, and you'd expect that, but Kewell looked like a kid who will never make it.

Bammy

Well that was annoying but I'm calming down. I don't understand why I get so angry about reserve matches.

Well we were crap to be fair but still deserved at the very least a draw and, assuming if our 2nd goal had counted they wouldn't have scored their 2nd goal, a win if it wasn't for some awful refereeing.

As for the players, Heaton done alright, apart from a couple of kicks, which was fair enough on a bad rugby pitch. Pique was strong and good in the air but too slow both in running and reactions for my liking.
Eckersley is playing for a transfer fee imo.

Simpson looked pretty good,s ome good interceptions and got forward pretty well, awful decision though to try and head it and give the referee/linesman the opportunity to cheat us out of a goal, but anyway.

Rodrigo was mostly crap, now before anyone gets on my back Im not writing him off, just saying that he hardly got a pass right tonight, one nice move where he got into the box and should have shotbut passed it out to the wing.

Hewson gave away the ball a lot too, which is unusual for him.

Evans was pretty quiet.

Eagles was probably our best player. Sure everything didnt come off for him but he crated a lot and looked dangerous.

Wellbeck was quiet.

Virtuoso

Well that was annoying but I'm calming down. I don't understand why I get so angry about reserve matches.
Same here mate, I was ranting and raving tonight...in Academy matches I'm on the edge too, even though they're on early Saturday mornings hah!

Nice assessment by the way, agreed that Hewson was surprisingly poor. He was far, far too deep at times and got caught out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Jesus, tough crowd! Give him a chance!!!!! Anywho he should be having a nightmare against a 20-30million worth of a midfielder like alonso......:lol::lol::lol:
I also reckon that was the first time he'd even seen a rugby pitch, never mind tried to play football on one.

Mind you, that's probably good preparation for a game at OT these days ;)

WAZZA-UP

Its just been on the BBC website about GAry Nev's return game it says the following at the bottom of the article...

United's reserves also included keeper Ben Foster on the bench as he continues his comeback from knee surgery in the summer.

This isn't true is it? I thought it was Zieler on the bench?

RedPhil1957

Its just been on the BBC website about GAry Nev's return game it says the following at the bottom of the article...

United's reserves also included keeper Ben Foster on the bench as he continues his comeback from knee surgery in the summer.

This isn't true is it? I thought it was Zieler on the bench?

your right