United still playing lowball on contract renewals?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope Russo signs another contract. Fair play to the club for refusing Arsenal’s offer.
If she goes, Daly would be top of my list. Villa will do well to keep her.
Daly would demand a high wage as well. If the are being stingy with the wages, she might not sign. They cannot keep being cheap.

Lightbringer

Lowball or not we just lost our best player :-( It was an immense pleasure seeing her in Red, absolute class.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Fecking hate losing our best players. Skinner and players deserve better from the club. Russo next. At this very moment I’m not looking forward to next season. It’s like losing Licha and Rashford in the men’s team.

croadyman

Lowball or not we just lost our best player :-( It was an immense pleasure seeing her in Red, absolute class.

Fecking hell you leeches thanks for being tight and causing us to lose one of best FB's

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Same article says Russo might be staying, though.

Always going to be hard to keep Batlle from Barca, Riviere did seem like a replacement when she signed.

Crimson King

Batlle was always likely to leave for Barcelona, I'm not sure we could have done anything about that.

If Russo goes, and it is genuinely to do with money, then the club really would need to be questioned. She's one of the best around, and a Utd fan to boot.

Lightbringer

Nah those journos know what they're talking about unfortunately.
Indeed.

I would offer her double the wages Barcelona offers her, how can that fecking club in debt come in clutch while we cant?

Oh well, I do understand Barca has the key to her heart....but its still painful AF!

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Indeed.

I would offer her double the wages Barcelona offers her, how can that fecking club in debt come in clutch while we cant?

Oh well, I do understand Barca has the key to her heart....but its still painful AF!

Yeah I don’t blame Batlle one bit. All on the club this one.

Lightbringer

Yeah I don’t blame Batlle one bit. All on the club this one.
Worst case would be if they have lowballed or dicked her around during the season and then just submitted a proper bid towards the end, that would sting alot as it could have been the deciding factor!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nah those journos know what they're talking about unfortunately.
I just listened to the interview with Tom Garry and he says it's likely but that's hardly the same as done deal

Obviously it would not be a surprise if Batlle goes back to her country but is it due to low contract? Or due to going 'home' and playing for a club more likely to win trophies?

StretfordEnd78

Will be a bitter blow to lose Ona. No brainier for her surely.
No club can afford to lose world class players. Fingers crossed regarding Russo.
Jayde Rivière waiting in the wings so to speak.

top1whoisman

Scout
I just listened to the interview with Tom Garry and he says it's likely but that's hardly the same as done deal

Obviously it would not be a surprise if Batlle goes back to her country but is it due to low contract? Or due to going 'home' and playing for a club more likely to win trophies?
Probably both. But female footballers don’t get many chances to make good money in terms of securing a post-career future etc. So I’m sure the wages they are offering compared to us is no small factor.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Probably both. But female footballers don’t get many chances to make good money in terms of securing a post-career future etc. So I’m sure the wages they are offering compared to us is no small factor.
I'm pretty sure if the wages were exactly the same, she'd still choose to go home to Barca

The likes of Russo and Earps will have different priorities though so if they leave then we can definitely blame the club

top1whoisman

Scout
I'm pretty sure if the wages were exactly the same, she'd still choose to go home to Barca

The likes of Russo and Earps will have different priorities though so if they leave then we can definitely blame the club
That might be. Then again if we offered those wages a year ago, who knows.

It’s not only about money for Russo or Earps either but if we can’t keep Russo after reaching the CL, there’s only one direction to point at…

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
If Ona goes to Barca because that's where everything - local roots, trophy hunting, money - tells her to go, I'll be sad for us but happy for her. I won't be happy if she wants to stay but we won't match the kind of money/contract terms those other clubs can.

She's a world class player - arguably the best player we have. She's a good defender and she's exceptional when we're attacking. We'd have scored less and conceded more without her.

Ona is currently one of our lowest paid squad members (and it's believed, our lowest paid starter). When she left the Spanish team, she must have taken a big financial as well as an emotional hit. At Barca she'd be surrounded by other players in the same boat but with better paying club contracts and sponsor deals.

Money isn't everything, but money does matter.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Is the WSL transfer window the same dates as EPL?

I assume it's good news that no players have been announced to be leaving yet, hopefully means negotiations are ongoing

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
And that's exactly why random Tweets from dubious sources should not be posted

TMS

So we finally get Champions League and the ineptness of the people running the club loses us our top 3 players in one summer. Talk about being cut out at the knees.

ZelemFC

Hello everyone!

Newbie here!

Love the women's team and the players!

Skinner has done an amazing job, despite all of the unhelpfulness from above him.

Sad to see that 14 players could be leaving us in the next 2 weeks, including Ladd, Aoife, Russo, Ona, Earps, Jones, Risa, and Ramsey....

That isn't a good thing at all....

We really need to get a hold of this situation, it is utter madness!!

croadyman

Hello everyone!

Newbie here!

Love the women's team and the players!

Skinner has done an amazing job, despite all of the unhelpfulness from above him.

Sad to see that 14 players could be leaving us in the next 2 weeks, including Ladd, Aoife, Russo, Ona, Earps, Jones, Risa, and Ramsey....

That isn't a good thing at all....

We really need to get a hold of this situation, it is utter madness!!
Hopefully the new owners will allow us to
be able to pay them properly,unfortunately it's probably too late to keep many of our best players