United Tour Squad? | Alexis visa issues sorted

CG1010

I hope the people who threw a tantrum here at the Sanchez issue are atleast feeling stupid now.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How does the club just "resolve" an issue like not getting a visa due to being guilty of fraud?

steve88

This is great news that he is able to get some pre season game time and be ready for the prem oppener

macheda14

How does the club just "resolve" an issue like not getting a visa due to being guilty of fraud?
It's not like they "resolved" it, they already knew his suspended sentence would be an issue and were going through the motions of getting a waiver - which is fairly common. It just took longer than expected. Also more likely than not, they just paid a few extra squids to expedite the process because America responds to that.

GM K

After watching Mbappe in the world cup, I am hoping Martial and Rashford really make a claim to the RW position.
I hope so too. I have always had an issue with people insisting that unless Martial and Rashford are played through the attacking middle, they can't really play well. I think the modern day young forward needs to be more dynamic and versatile than that. Top forwards nowadays can strike from the middle or attack from the sides. That's what I love about Mbappe. He doesn't moan when asked to drift to the left or right. At the World Cup, he played mainly from the right while Giroud stayed mainly in the middle. Why can't Rashford or Martial play from the right? It's the same case I always made for Pogba when people were saying he must be played on the left of a midfield three for him to play well. Pogba is too much of a complete midfielder for that and this World Cup showed his versatility as a midfielder.

Apokalips

So it got resolved and he'll surely play starting from the second game in the tour.

Maybe people will stop jumping on attacking the Club on every problem happening then ?
You're asking for a bit much there mate! Haven't you heard? We're the most "embarrassing" club when it comes to most things.

Anyway, good news about Alexis. Hopefully his rest has done him good and he has a great season for us. Feel like this is an important time for us... Guys like Lukaku, Martial, Pogba and Alexis need to click into gear, change public perception and end this post Fergie malaise. Time to get back onto our perch!

RedDevil@84

He doesn't moan when asked to drift to the left or right
That could be because he is good on both sides. Mbappe is a bigger talent that Martial or Rashford. Not everyone could be super talented.

DaveLombardo

Sanchez is a player who really need to perform this season. He's been mostly disappointing since his arrival. I can't fault his effort and work rate, but I think he's just trying too hard to make something happen.

I hope getting some games in on the tour pre season and the rest over the summer will do him the world of good.