United Tour Squad? | Alexis visa issues sorted

SparkedIntoLife

As our first tour match is a week this Thursday, it's likely that the squad for the US Tour will be named this week.

Based on the squad for 2016 following Euro 2016, it seems as though our players who got to the quarter finals and beyond will be left out. That would mean that De Gea, Matic and Rojo would be in. Pogba, Fred, Fellaini, Lukaku, Lindelöf, Jones, Young, Lingard and Rashford would all be rested therefore.

Young midfielder Jimmy Garner's father has confirmed that his son has been told he's going to be part of the squad.

We usually take 24 or 25 players out on these tours.

Here's my guess at our squad -

GK: De Gea, Romero, Grant
DF: Valencia, Dalot, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Mitchell, Smalling, Bailly, Rojo, Tuanzebe
MF: Mata, Gribbin, Andreas Pereira, Gomes, Matic, McTominay, Herrera, Garner
ST: Sanchez, Martial, Chong, Greenwood, Dearnley

Strongest team, I suppose, would be -

2nd 11 would be -

What's your prediction?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

This is probably pretty close to the squad that will travel I reckon. De Gea and Matic need an extended rest because they had long seasons with us as well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
De Gea, Matic and Rojo will probably join up later. Doubt they'll be on tour initially.

Joel Pereira, Darmian and Blind will go unless they've got a move sorted before then.

el3mel

We are playing this Thursday ? Missed watching United shirt.

The tour will be a good option for several bench players to give themselves a good chance for the upcoming season I believe. Hopefully Dalot performs well.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
We are playing this Thursday ? Missed watching United shirt.

The tour will be a good option for several bench players to give themselves a good chance for the upcoming season I believe. Hopefully Dalot performs well.
19th, so not this Thursday coming, the one after :D.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
goddamn, seeing Darmian being even mentioned in the list makes me wanna cry, stealing minutes to some academy prospects, or in fact ANY players, hope we manage to sell him asap. It's obvious that Jose doesn't rate him so what's the point, there should be scouts or teams in for him already not waiting for the preseason tour. Even though we all know how his season looked like, so who knows if anyone is interested. I don't personally believe the Juve rumours

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Romero
Grant
JC Pereira
O'Hara

Valencia
Darmian
Shaw
Mitchell
Dalot

Smalling
Bailly
Blind
Tuanzebe
R.Williams

Herrera
McTominay
Fosu-Mensah
Hamilton
Garner

Mata
A.Pereira
Gribbin
Chong
Gomes

Alexis
Martial
Bohui
O'Connor would be nice too

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
O'Connor would be nice too
If Mourinho decides to take an extra defender it'll probably be either Lee O'Connor or Ro-Shaun Williams that go, just think Mourinho will prefer Williams of the two because he's a little bit older, and a helluva lot faster and stronger, though O'Connor is by far the better footballer, it'll also give Mourinho the chance too see if Williams is worth keeping around the first-team squad this season, or he'd be better off going on loan.

You watch CBJ will go instead of either of then now :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
goddamn, seeing Darmian being even mentioned in the list makes me wanna cry, stealing minutes to some academy prospects, or in fact ANY players, hope we manage to sell him asap. It's obvious that Jose doesn't rate him so what's the point, there should be scouts or teams in for him already not waiting for the preseason tour. Even though we all know how his season looked like, so who knows if anyone is interested. I don't personally believe the Juve rumours
I'll be absolutely pissed if Darmian plays any part over O'Connor.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
If Mourinho decides to take an extra defender it'll probably be either Lee O'Connor or Ro-Shaun Williams that go, just think Mourinho will prefer Williams of the two because he's a little bit older, and a helluva lot faster and stronger, though O'Connor is by far the better footballer, it'll also give Mourinho the chance too see if Williams is worth keeping around the first-team squad this season, or he'd be better off going on loan.

You watch CBJ will go instead of either of then now :lol:
Forgot the lad is still with us, one would think we've sold him ages ago!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Forgot the lad is still with us, one would think we've sold him ages ago!
Hindsight and all, but it would probably have been better for him to have stayed at the club(if the option was available) and hope to get the odd appearance as a sub in the League, and the occasional start in the League/FA Cup early rounds than effectively waste two years of his career on two failed loans that have almost certainly finished him as a United player - just don't buy that he had an attitude problem whilst on loan as the young Mancunians that come through the system and do go out on loan are well grounded lads who know how to behave, and represent the club properly.

Needs a free transfer to a Bolton W or a Bury(somewhere local) now to get his career going again, but he's got ability. no doubt about that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Huge for Greenwood, hope he has a good pre-season.

Dudu

Taking Darmian just seems to be a waste of a squad spot tbh.

Nonetheless, quote excited to see youngsters like Gomes, Chong, Greenwood and James Garner get a chance to impress. Reports suggesting that even Ethan Hamilton will make the cut.

Hoping Luke and Andreas grab what could probably be their last chance to make it the club. Curious to see how well Dalot plays as well, he seems willing and hard working so hopefully he settles in quickly.

Johan77

According to MEN, this is the confirmed squad:

GK: Romero J Pereira Lee Grant
DF: Valencia Darmian Diogo Dalot Shaw Smalling Bailly Tuanzebe Fosu-Mensah Mitchell Williams
MF: Ander Herrera Pereira McTominay Garner Hamilton
FW: Mata Martial Chong Gomes Greenwood Bohui

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

DF: Valencia Darmian Diogo Dalot Shaw Smalling Bailly Tuanzebe Fosu-Mensah Mitchell Williams
What about Alexis Sanchez?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sanchez was not seen at the airport by the MEN photographers.

Canagel

So many defenders but still I hope to see TFM, Tuanzebe play. Big potential they have. And Dalot of course. Also excited to see Gomes, Chong and the other young players.

Johan77

Read something on Twitter that Sanchez will connect with the rest of the squad later next week.

berbasloth4

Was there not something in the press that sanchez was allowed to join up later because he hadnt had a summer off in a few years

Bjorn

I’m a bit worried. Not seen at the airport and no jersey number on his training kit. What’s going on?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I’m a bit worried. Not seen at the airport and no jersey number on his training kit. What’s going on?

You can see 7 written on his shorts.

arthurka

No new signings ( Dalot I know but hardly a starter for us) .. This is just a bit meh.