United Tour Squad? | Alexis visa issues sorted

United_We_Stand

"Sanchez didn't travel to the US on Sunday - he is in the middle of his first summer without football in five years - having been spotted in Wilmslow on Sunday afternoon having lunch with friends.
He is expected to join up later, as Mourinho looks to get the Chilean as fit and fresh as possible for the start of the season."

Nick7

"Sanchez didn't travel to the US on Sunday - he is in the middle of his first summer without football in five years - having been spotted in Wilmslow on Sunday afternoon having lunch with friends.
He is expected to join up later, as Mourinho looks to get the Chilean as fit and fresh as possible for the start of the season."
Not exactly a bad idea.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No new signings ( Dalot I know but hardly a starter for us) .. This is just a bit meh.
Seeing Chong / Gomes getting plenty of game time is enough for me.

I bet Chong absolutely smashes it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Given the lack of midfield options it's a huge opportunity for Pereira to give Jose something to think about.

Prodigy24

One of the weakest tour squads we've ever seen, but very much looking forward to see the youngsters trying to impress Jose.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
With it being a World Cup year and most of our first team players joining up later than everyone else, this is a great opportunity for the young players to show Jose how good they are. Some exciting young talents included in that squad I can't wait to see them play.

IrishRedDevil

With it being a World Cup year and most of our first team players joining up later than everyone else, this is a great opportunity for the young players to show Jose how good they are. Some exciting young talents included in that squad I can't wait to see them play.
Exactly this. Let’s hope a few of the lads can grab the opportunity with both hands.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So is Greenwood.
Don't know what position O'Connor plays in but I'd guess a big part of why Greenwood was called up is due to the lack of striker options. If O'Connor plays as a defender, we've got plenty of names there but in terms of recognised strikers we only really have Martial, maybe Alexis when he arrives.

BristolRuss

Surprised Fred didn't travel. I know he went to the WC but he didn't play. Can't need that much of a rest surely? Hopefully he joins up soon.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Surprised Fred didn't travel. I know he went to the WC but he didn't play. Can't need that much of a rest surely? Hopefully he joins up soon.
Doesn't matter if he didn't play. He still had to work daily in training etc and like everyone else is entitled to a few weeks holiday.

Silas

We have few centre forwards. On the contrary, all of our senior right backs are available.
Don't know what position O'Connor plays in but I'd guess a big part of why Greenwood was called up is due to the lack of striker options. If O'Connor plays as a defender, we've got plenty of names there but in terms of recognised strikers we only really have Martial, maybe Alexis when he arrives.
Yeah, I'm not that surprised myself. I assumed the person I replied to just thought he was too young.

pascell

Glad Sanchez is having more time off to rest. Gives us a chance to see the likes of Greenwood, Chong and Gomes get minutes and hopefully impress Jose.

haram

Given the lack of midfield options it's a huge opportunity for Pereira to give Jose something to think about.
He needs to grab the chance as I don't see him lasting beyond this year if he doesn't.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has Darmian gone to play a game as a shop window kind of thing ?

I hope not, we have more chance by just lying to them and saying "he's good, honestly"

Fridge chutney

Good idea to give Sanchez an extended break. He's needed it for such a long time and the lack of break really impacted his performances with us.

Hopefully Gomes and Chong can work their way into Jose's plans. They are talented players.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Firstly, it's Fridge, not Fredge. I haven't gone anywhere.

Commiserations, by the way.
All world cup players get an extended break
:lol: I would like to apologise in Ban's name for the typo. He will never do it again. Promise.
And in his name also mine, thanks.

How long is extended break long? Two weeks, three? We might have players back few days before PL starts?! :(

oskarutd

Sanchez was training with the squad past week, why should he now then get an extended break?

el3mel

Darmian travelling doesn't mean that he's surely staying.

No other comments. Good to see some young talents there and for Sanchez it's better to take a rest than to waste efforts on pre season games. He can join for the last 2 games or something.

sam147

Greenwood is a real gem. Looks more impressive than Rashford did at youth level. Expect the lad to shine. When talking about Perisic jose mentioned his unique combination of creativity with physicality. Hopefully Chong impresses because he is very similar.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Darmian the turd that just won't flush.
The thing is the likes of Smalling and Jones in our squad are actually decent defenders but just not really up to the overall standard we should be aspiring to. Darmian on the other hand is just straight up rubbish. Ridiculous he’s still knocking about. The club needs to shift a lot of deadwood over the next few weeks otherwise we have major problems. We seem to accept far too much mediocrity at the club.