United US Tour Finalized

Drifter

American
Manchester United’s 2011 summer tour of the United States has been finalized, according to an unnamed source.

The tour will kick off with Manchester United playing against Seattle Sounders on July 20 or 21 in Seattle, Washington. The club will utilize the Nike training facilities near Beaverton, Oregon to prepare for the club’s first preseason friendly of the United States.

After playing Seattle Sounders, Manchester United will fly to Chicago where they’ll play against Chicago Fire on Saturday, July 23. Event organizers were originally planning on having the game played at Wrigley Field, the legendary baseball stadium, but it appears that the deal may have fallen through, and that the game will be played at a different Chicago venue instead.

Next on the itinerary for Manchester United is their participation, for the second year running, in the MLS All-Star Game. Last season, Manchester United defeated the MLS All-Star Team 5-2 in an exciting game in Houston, Texas. But this year’s MLS All-Star Game will be played on July 27 at Red Bull Arena in New Jersey.

Last, but not least, Manchester United will complete their United States preseason tour with a mouthwatering game against Barcelona on July 30 in Washington D.C. After the game, Manchester United will return to England to finalize preparation for the 2011-2012 Premier League season.

An official announcement regarding Manchester United’s tour is expected to be announced in late March.

Since breaking the news that Manchester United were in serious discussions as early as December to tour the United States, EPL Talk has received countless phone calls and e-mails asking for ticket information. Ticket details are expected to be announced in late March. But without a doubt, tickets will go fast. In previous years when Manchester United has toured the United States, the best places to find ticket news were to become a member of One United USA (the official Manchester United Supporters Club of America) or to visit the official Manchester United website.

Aaron

Pre-season is boring anyway. Anyone who says 'He looked great in pre-season, lets start him when the league campaign kicks off' should be sent to Ashley Cole's house to be shot in the face.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Surprised their not playing in Portland given they'll be staying here again.

Flying Fox

Been a while since they've been down to Australia now...more than 40 years.

Come on! I'll even throw a few shrimps on the barbie.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just because the tour is going to America doesn't mean can start bastardising our words with the letter z in your thread titles!

mboRa ndomHer0723

I thought that United was not going to play in the All star game this year due to it being played in Red Bull arena

Commadus

Damn I don't know if I will be in DC for my yearly pilgrimmage to the USA.

mswiss

Can't wait for that barca game, ill definetly be traveling down from philly for that

brad-dyrak

Surprised their not playing in Portland given they'll be staying here again.
Might be that they won't play on turf.

Seattle, here I come. I hope they humiliate the Sounders.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
I work just a few blocks from Wrigley field. I wonder where are they moving it to

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Might be that they won't play on turf.

Seattle, here I come. I hope they humiliate the Sounders.
Why didn't they go for turf...? drainage..? I hate that fake shit.

I'll be up there for it. Was there the last time against Celtic, great laugh

bigredmachine

Running smooth
Just spoke with a couple of people at Nike and the good folks at Dallas Reds. Apparently, the dates are yet to be confirmed by the club. Official dates are supposed to be out at the end of the month. Hopefully there is some truth in the report. Anyone up for pre-match pints and a sing song before the Seattle game?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Just spoke with a couple of people at Nike and the good folks at Dallas Reds. Apparently, the dates are yet to be confirmed by the club. Official dates are supposed to be out at the end of the month. Hopefully there is some truth in the report. Anyone up for pre-match pints and a sing song before the Seattle game?
There'll be a private do upstairs at Kells

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
MLS All star game in NJ is on general sale now

Ill be in section 231 for my fist time seeing United live!

Anyone else going?

Sw33t

Woop, will be staying up till 3am or whenever to watch them last like year.

MiamiSpartan

fecking hell, they never come to LA.
Didn't they play Chivas or another Mexican team in LA when they came back in 04 or 05 (the last time before last year)?

At least you have that. They haven't come within 1000 miles from Miami, despite the owners living just 60 miles away, and owning the Bucs a couple of hundred miles away. The feckwits really are good for nothing. Can't even bring their team to their own home state. :mad:

Barca and Chivas will be playing in Miami in August, however. It's a very small consolation, but at least it's something. Would enjoy it more if we had beaten Barca, though.