United v Oldham (A) Mcr Senior Cup 1/9/10 7.30pm

lysglimt

Scout
Where are you datura? We've just moved behind the goal we're now attacking...

Edit: d a t is censored?!
If you keep attacking the goal - I am sure Datura will notice you :) In fact - everybody probably will :)

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Stewart Gardner says he looks lively...

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Macheda is going to be quite something

Devilton

Thanks datura...someone who speaks Portugese should have a word with Anderson. Tell him, it's customary for Brazilian footballers to wait before they get world famous and earn the best player in the world tags before they start going the way of the fat...

Good to hear he did well though. This is an important year for the boy.

muller

Again, thanks for the updates.

I miss living in manchester - when I was at uni I used to pop along to at least half the reserve games each year, some academy too.

Good work datura.

Girish II

Thanks again datura. Sounds like Macheda was once again anonymous but for that split moment that counted. Looking forward to the highlights tomorrow.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Was out for the game, but your updates made good reading datura, nice one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I didn't think Ando looked heavy at all to be honest. He's never going to be stick thin but I thought he looked fine. Photos are uploading at the moment so see what others think. He started off looking pretty rusty which is to be expected but at the game went on he grew into it and was heavily involved in most of the play. Passing was still a little over strong at times but he played some nice ones too, including a few long rangers.

Rio looked commanding if largely unchallenged, a good 45 under his belt in his recovery which is the most important thing at this stage.

datura

I didn't think Ando looked heavy at all to be honest. He's never going to be stick thin but I thought he looked fine. Photos are uploading at the moment so see what others think. He started off looking pretty rusty which is to be expected but at the game went on he grew into it and was heavily involved in most of the play. Passing was still a little over strong at times but he played some nice ones too, including a few long rangers.
By heavy I meant he was a bit sluggish as well as looking a little overweight. He seemed to sharpen up as the game went on and it can only be expected given his injury.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wooton and Gill were both quite good in the first half, winning most if not all their headers which was good. I couldn't see much of our defensive work in the 2nd half as I was behind the opposite goal.

Anderson, once he found himself, was in the middle of a lot of nice passing play in the middle of the park, as was Eikrem, which as the second half drew on started to become more threatening and creating more opportunities in the final third.

Macheda was largely quiet but showed a few glimpses of magic, including a sexually brought down pass which dropped over his shoulder and he brought it down with one touch only to have it nicked off his foot before he could shoot, and a great strike for the winning goal.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
By heavy I meant he was a bit sluggish as well as looking a little overweight. He seemed to sharpen up as the game went on and it can only be expected given his injury.
Fair enough, I agree about him looking sluggish early on, but yea he did sharpen up as it went on which was very encouraging considering how long he's been out.

decorativeed

Why do I always read about matches at Hyde and Stalybridge only after they've bloody kicked off! Should really keep my eye on this forum more closely. Could have been having a pint in Stalybridge buffet bar right now before getting the train home!

datura

Why do I always read about matches at Hyde and Stalybridge only after they've bloody kicked off! Should really keep my eye on this forum more closely. Could have been having a pint in Stalybridge buffet bar right now before getting the train home!
It's quite a nice little ground at Stalybridge, if it wasn't for those fecking midges. I'm still scratching my head thinking one of the little buggers is in my hair.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yea it's a decent little ground, we sat in the large stand opposite the bench in the first half then wandered down to behind the goal, certainly more impressive than Moss Lane.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Pictures from tonight, not the best quality, it's surprisingly difficult to get the hang of a manual focus lens in those lighting conditions!