United Women | POTS | Fans: Ella Toone | Players: Toone & MLT

Grande

Blundell won the Players’ Player of the Year award. Unsung hero of the squad for sure.
Hannah Blundell winning players POTY says a lot about how important she must be to the team, particularily when her colleague on the opposite side is maybe the best full back in Europe. You don’t get that accolde without putting in a lot of work that inspires others to perform as well.
it was a well taken goal to be shared by Zelem at the corner kick.Goosebumpa moment.
Vilde Bø Risa’s free kick was perhaps the best taken goal, but Millie Turner’s finish from Zelem’s free kick was my moment of the season!
Russo is more popular perhaps than Batlle, Earps and Galton, who to me deserved it even more. But you can’t argue with her importance to the team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hannah Blundell winning players POTY says a lot about how important she must be to the team, particularily when her colleague on the opposite side is maybe the best full back in Europe. You don’t get that accolde without putting in a lot of work that inspires others to perform as well.

it was a well taken goal to be shared by Zelem at the corner kick.Goosebumpa moment.
Vilde Bø Risa’s free kick was perhaps the best taken goal, but Millie Turner’s finish from Zelem’s free kick was my moment of the season!

Russo is more popular perhaps than Batlle, Earps and Galton, who to me deserved it even more. But you can’t argue with her importance to the team.
Yeah I really like to see how much the team itself values Blundell's efforts.

Bøe Risa's free kick was the best one technically but it is what it is when it's a fan vote.

Again it's kind of a popularity vote to an extent. I agree that the three players who you mentioned were perhaps even better than Russo this season. I'd throw in the name of Le Tissier too. What a debut season.

Grande

Yeah I really like to see how much the team itself values Blundell's efforts.

Bøe Risa's free kick was the best one technically but it is what it is when it's a fan vote.

Again it's kind of a popularity vote to an extent. I agree that the three players who you mentioned were perhaps even better than Russo this season. I'd throw in the name of Le Tissier too. What a debut season.
Yea, Le Tissier has a wonderful olaying style for a CB.

top1whoisman

Scout
Kind of a difficult choice for me to be honest. Earps’ form early on was a bit shaky but she’s once again made some incredible saves.

Toone will probably get my vote. Big improvement from last season.

Honourable mentions: Turner, Naalsund, García, Williams

Demon Barber

Kind of a difficult choice for me to be honest. Earps’ form early on was a bit shaky but she’s once again made some incredible saves.

Toone will probably get my vote. Big improvement from last season.

Honourable mentions: Turner, Naalsund, García, Williams
Garcia may well get it, but I am going for LeTissier.

top1whoisman

Scout
Garcia may well get it, but I am going for LeTissier.
She would've deserved it last season, she was immense. In my opinion she hasn't quite reached that level this year. The chemistry between her and Batlle seemed pretty strong so I think that might have something to do with it.

Demon Barber

She would've deserved it last season, she was immense. In my opinion she hasn't quite reached that level this year. The chemistry between her and Batlle seemed pretty strong so I think that might have something to do with it.
I understand your points but just think she has been immense. As well as being skillful she can dish it out for fun. And score.

top1whoisman

Scout
All of Tooney’s goals are worthy or winning it. Wow.

Last edited:

Grande

POTY: Parris has to have a mention becoming our highest ever scorer on the top level. From the matches I’ve seen, Zelem have been very good, but I understand she’s had much criticism in matches I haven’t been able to watch. Likewise Le Tissier, Earps and Blundell. Going with what I’ve seen, I’ll give my vote to Katie Zelem either way.

Goal of the season: Easy peasy. Ella Toone in the cup final is in my top 10 United goals ever.

Young player of the season: Grace Clinton should probably have this.

OsloRed

Naalsund has had a solid season and gone under the radar somewhat. She was back in very good form in the final. In general I don't feel like there has been a standout player this season, everyone has had good spells of form and some less good.

top1whoisman

Scout
Naalsund has had a solid season and gone under the radar somewhat. She was back in very good form in the final. In general I don't feel like there has been a standout player this season, everyone has had good spells of form and some less good.
Agree with all of this. Naalsund one of the most consistent performers.

StretfordEnd78

Ella and Ella at Wembley. United Icon and will hopefully continue to have a glittering career.
Naalsund would be my other choice. Nailed down a place in midfield which isn't easy.
Maya great second half to the season. There's collectively been some defensive howlers this season IMO.

AmarilloMike

Garcia for player of the year for me, although that might just be my desperate hope that she feels our love and is still around next year...

Very hard to erase the recency bias of Ella's screamer in the cup final for goal of the season!

AmarilloMike

Voted for 'what it meant' goals for both men and women in the end. Williams against Chelsea for making us believe - I have never felt LSV rock like when that goal went in!

top1whoisman

Scout
You could argue that others were more deserving this season but I can see why they went for her. She’s the icon. I can see her spending the rest of her life at United in one role or another.
I think it’s also due to some good goals and performances recently. The goal in the final particularly. Easier for the fans to remember, especially after a poor season.