United Women | Pre season 2023/24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Blundell has been the best of the subs so far. We’re not finding Watson or Miyazawa in the middle at all. Liverpool defending well and we’re struggling to break their shape.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Fantastic from Geyse.

top1whoisman

Scout
72’

Rabjohn, Aherne, Ashton on.

Parris, Geyse, Ladd off.

Rabjohn in CM, Aherne RW, Ashton ST.

top1whoisman

Scout
75’

Middleton-Patel with a solid save after Le Tissier misses the ball completely.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nice to see Middleton-Patel on the pitch. Not the tallest of keepers but seems very good technically in terms of the goalkeeping stuff and very composed with the ball.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 3-1.

Deserved on the overall performance but a lot of room for improvement.

Turner, Evans, Geyse and Blundell all very good. Special mention to young Safia Middleton-Patel.

Tooney with two good goals but overall a bit rusty. Le Tissier with a rare poor performance.

Ubik

Watson looked pretty tidy and direct. Defensively extremely rusty today.

top1whoisman

Scout
Watson looked pretty tidy and direct. Defensively extremely rusty today.
Yeah some good touches and quick passes. On the move all the time.

We were pretty open for parts of the game. Individually I think most of the defenders played well but they lacked protection from midfield and help from wingers at times.

Ubik

Yeah some good touches and quick passes. On the move all the time.

We were pretty open for parts of the game. Individually I think most of the defenders played well but they lacked protection from midfield and help from wingers at times.
Yeah, good to get tested a bit anyway as Villa and Arsenal are a tough couple of games to open with. Hope Riviere is fit for the Spurs game in a few days to make sure the starting back four is up to speed.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, good to get tested a bit anyway as Villa and Arsenal are a tough couple of games to open with. Hope Riviere is fit for the Spurs game in a few days to make sure the starting back four is up to speed.
Indeed, hope it was just a precautionary decision. And especially for Zelem and Toone who went deep in the World Cup it’s crucial we’ve got the Spurs game left. Both looked a bit off today. Which again is understandable. 60-75 minutes on Sunday and they’ll be closer to match fitness.

Demon Barber

A good workout and result. A little sloppy defensively at times but not a bad overall performance.

I thought Toone took her goals well and was always involved, Ladd had a good game, and I was really impressed with Geyse - a very tenacious and aware footballer.

Ubik

Riviere still nowhere to be seen, hope it's not a bad injury, ditto for Galton. No Malard either, she's at least been playing pre-season with Lyon, though.

Ubik

I'm presuming this one isn't being streamed (be lucky if it even gets reported on). Shame, could've done with it to help forget yesterday.

Ubik

At least the Spurs twitter is posting the odd match update, United's is a joke.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT United 1-0 Spurs (Garcia 26’)

Pre-season is done, the team is ready for the seas… international break. :rolleyes:

Demon Barber

FT United 1-0 Spurs (Garcia 26’)

Pre-season is done, the team is ready for the seas… international break. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to the extended highlights and expert in-depth analysis on the official channel ... hmmm