United Women | Pre season 2023/24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
No fullbacks in the starting XI, one on the bench.

Looking at that graphic our squad doesn't look that deep after all. Okay we're missing Mannion, Riviere, Thomas and Williams. And you can add Guerrero to the mix. Baggaley and Fuso are expected to leave the club. Like many here have said we need at least one fullback and a striker. Haven't heard any names mentioned when it comes to those positions. Transfer deadline tomorrow.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Eleanor Ashton is an 18-year old forward who has dual registration at Derby. Been at United since the age of six.

Millie Crook I believe is a defender.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Good to see Earps in goal, I guess. Means she at least hasn't refused to play.

top1whoisman

Scout
Midfielders as wingbacks?
Could be. I’d be a bit surprised if we changed to three at the back when we’ve never really done it before, but it could be an option.

And there are matches when we change into that chasing a goal etc., so it could be a good practice.

Still think it’s Evans and Naalsund as FBs but we’ll see that soon. Hope Riviere doesn't have a serious injury or anything, we're short on the FB positions as it is.

Last edited:

Demon Barber

Could be. I’d be a bit surprised if we changed to three at the back when we’ve never really done it before, but it could be an option.

And there are matches when we change into that chasing a goal etc., so it could be a good practice.

Still think it’s Evans and Naalsund as FBs but we’ll see that soon. Hope Riviere doesn't have a serious injury or anything, we're short on the FB positions as it is.
Or a highly experimental 2-7-1. Agreed with the FB situation, we need cover there. Blundell and Rabjohn for the second half, I guess.

top1whoisman

Scout
It will be interesting to see some of our new players today.
Yeap! Although Geyse and Miyazawa are the obvious big names I’m really looking forward to seeing Emma Watson play. Hope she gets decent minutes. Rabjohn too.

top1whoisman

Scout
Good through ball from Jay-Z, Parris gives it to Galton who is very composed and finds Tooney on the far post.

top1whoisman

Scout
Early signs of Geyse. She seems good at shielding the ball which is very positive as the one who left us is brilliant in her hold-up play.

top1whoisman

Scout
The goals should really benefit Toone as she was struggling to score for the whole of last season. Good for her confidence.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
22’

Toone crosses it to Geyse with her left foot but the header only hits the crossbar.

top1whoisman

Scout
From the small sample size I like the look of Gemma Evans. Very aggressive and quite tidy with the ball. Good to have a CB who seems very comfortable with both feet.

top1whoisman

Scout
And after saying that Evans gifts them a chance they somehow manage to miss.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
44’

2-1. The visitors attack again from the right side. The cross takes a deflection and it either goes in from Le Tissier/Ladd’s body or they get a tap-in.

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 2-1.

Not a great half from United. Had a good spell before and after our goals but we were also a bit careless with the ball. Don’t know if it’s the fitness training done or what but we only saw that league-leading press for brief moments.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hopefully we never have to play with this defence in a real game.

top1whoisman

Scout
Second half XI:

Middleton-Patel

Blundell
Le Tissier
Turner
Evans

Ladd
Watson

Parris
Miyazawa
García

Geyse

top1whoisman

Scout
Early pressure from Liverpool. They hit a crossbar after García clears a corner off the line.

top1whoisman

Scout
Le Tissier loses her duel near the touchline and Flint nearly finds the top corner from the edge of the box.

top1whoisman

Scout
58’

Good low save from SMP. We look a bit disjointed, which is perhaps to be expected when you change half the team.