United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

Ixion

Records like this mean feck all if it amounts to nothing. No one will remember it and it feels like it needs an asterix next to it anyway for all the empty stadiums.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sort of glad it's ended now.

I feel like we became way too over cautious in trying to protect the record instead of actually going for wins.

Statistically you're better losing 2 and winning 3 out of 5, than losing 1,drawing 3 and winning 1 out of 5 etc.

I know with the pressure on United losing is always seen as an awful thing, but i'm sure if we really went for it more often we'd take a lot more points in the end.

Chief123

After getting the best ever undefeated away record in the premier league with 20 odd undefeated, virtually the same group of players have lost 8 in a row and I believe we’ve taken 4 points from a possible 27 in our last 9 away games.

It was so clear during our away run that it was a myth we were invincible. It felt like at times, every game we were lucky to come away undefeated. I remember we had that run coincide with us going behind virtually every game and then coming back to win or draw. It became a stupid record of comebacks.

Now we are doing the same thing of going behind but having the inability of coming back anymore.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
After getting the best ever undefeated away record in the premier league with 20 odd undefeated, virtually the same group of players have lost 8 in a row and I believe we’ve taken 4 points from a possible 27 in our last 9 away games.

It was so clear during our away run that it was a myth we were invincible. It felt like at times, every game we were lucky to come away undefeated. I remember we had that run coincide with us going behind virtually every game and then coming back to win or draw. It became a stupid record of comebacks.

Now we are doing the same thing if going behind but having the inability of coming back anymore.
That looks like a stat from a team that's getting relegated.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s also a stat that is statistically impossible.
That is true, dodgy stats would probably get you relegated as well tbf.

Might also be in all competitions.

Last edited: