United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

padzilla

Hipster
I would quite happily swap the most away games without defeat for a major trophy any day of the week.

Olecurls99

Certainly not!
I don’t like it when we start to big up things that don’t deserve it like our unbeaten away record .
I don’t like it we we accept less.
I do like that. I like that we're not like Real Madrid fans who wave handkerchiefs at Champions league winners.

I like that we, mostly, don't demand constant success from our club, but just a sign that things are being done correctly.

I'm very happy with how Ole has done compared to our last 3 managers and just in general.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I do like that. I like that we're not like Real Madrid fans who wave handkerchiefs at Champions league winners.

I like that we, mostly, don't demand constant success from our club, but just a sign that things are being done correctly.

I'm very happy with how Ole has done compared to our last 3 managers and just in general.
Each to his own I guess but if you are happy after that shitshow on Tuesday night I despair.
What will it take to make you unhappy??

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

I would quite happily swap the most away games without defeat for a major trophy any day of the week.
So you mean changing the "most away games without a defeat record" one of the most prestigious records to have not only for a football club but for any sports organization against a simple Premier League Trophy or UCL?

WOW WOW WOW pal I think you're alone there.

In 50 years time no one will remember who won the EPL or UCL 2020/21 title, but everyone will know and still talk about Ole's away from home invincibles. There be stories and tales about it, children will gather around the old so they can here one more time about that amazing Manchester United team that didn't won a single trophy but got the most prestigious records of all.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Each to his own I guess but if you are happy after that shitshow on Tuesday night I despair.
What we oils it take to make you unhappy??
I can’t imagine anyone was happy about Tuesday. The general signs are positive, though.

Definitely more work to be done.

padzilla

Hipster
So you mean changing the "most away games without a defeat record" one of the most prestigious records to have not only for a football club but for any sports organization against a simple Premier League Trophy or UCL?

In 50 years time no one will remember who won the EPL or UCL 2020/21 title, but everyone will know and still talk about Ole's away from home invincibles. There be stories and tales about it, children will gather around the old so they can here one more time about that amazing Manchester United team that didn't won a single trophy but got the most prestigious records of all.
Brilliant. Well-played.

Olecurls99

What we oils it take to make you unhappy??
The Mourinho years

Marouane Fellaini

Romelu Lukaku

Egg salad

That is all

I don't think it was a shitshow by the way. We were in control until the sending off. They pressed like lunatics and got 2 flukey goals. Shit happens

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He/she never said they were?

They just have some balance and perspective in life and their football club and take some positives from progress… it’s not perfect, it’s not consistent, it’s not as fast as ideally we’d all like.

But it’s clearly there and better than the last three managers unless winning an FA cup/shit football or the EL trophy/alienating your players is your bag … each to their own I guess.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
He/she never said they were?

They just have some balance and perspective in life and their football club and take some positives from progress… it’s not perfect, it’s not consistent, it’s not as fast as ideally we’d all like.

But it’s clearly there and better than the last three managers unless winning an FA cup/shit football or the EL trophy/alienating your players is your bag … each to their own I guess.
Is it a given that our football is better these days? Not sure about that.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Have a cigar sir!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Today is feeling like another reminder that 2 wins and a loss is better than a win and two draws.

BorisManUtd

29 now. Can make it 30 games in the row vs Leicester in October. That's another tough away game.

MDFC Manager

Luck runs out, finally. Must be one of the jammiest unbeaten run record in football.

BorisManUtd

29 now. Can make it 30 games in the row vs Leicester in October. That's another tough away game.
It ends here but not as important, at least we've broken it. 2-2 draw would be almost as bad result as 4-2 loss, with the way we're playing.

el3mel

It was a pointless run anyway. Won us feck all. Neither of the top clubs like Chelsea or City will like to trade their league and CL trophies of last season to that "great" run.

Just like that unbeatable run in Mourinho's first season when we end up finishing 6th anyway.

Pointless records are pointless.

MDFC Manager

It was a pointless run anyway. Won us feck all. Neither of the top clubs like Chelsea or City will like to trade their league and CL trophies of last season to that "great" run.

Just like that unbeatable run in Mourinho's first season when we end up finishing 6th anyway.

Just to add, it's an incredibly pointless record obtained by being incredibly lucky.

Nick7

Hopefully people will stop using it as a “gotcha” now when talking about how shit we are. Yeah, it was a fantastic run, but utterly pointless in the end.

MDFC Manager

Not really, it was a solid run. Jammy because of the pandemic I suppose.
I will not deny that there were spurts of good performances but there were also several poor performances, made further jarring by the woeful home performance in the same period.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a run. I'll look back on the fond memories of all the trophies we won during this period.

Oh wait..

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Most of the games were played behind closed doors, without away fans intimidating the players and referee, so the record deserves a massive asterisk anyway.

moxdevil

But what an away record :drool: Granted we won nothing with it but... history books.

SAFMUTD

Will always look back to this amazing run, truly the golden years.

Giggsy13

Burn this thread, this away streak rightfully done when playing in front of supporters. We were never that good, it’s just easy to come back and get results in an empty stadium.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Bin this thread now even though it existing in the first place was embarrassing

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Longest away run in history embarrassing? It’s nothing to shout about but it’s noteworthy in this league.
It's as noteworthy as the calendar year league champions stat by Spurs. Absolutely irrelevant.

tomaldinho1

You almost sound happy.
Not happy we lost, happy people don’t try and give something that is worthless without the home form any extra meaning. Going unbeaten home and away is vague enough, you could just be drawing every game.

Going unbeaten away alone is just irrelevant without the other 50% of games.

Fussball13251

Records mean nothing if you don't win anything.

Klopp doesn't give a fk about the unbeaten run in itself it's winning the league that counts. League or CL.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I forget that this happened until its mentioned on tv. Most pointless run ever. Most of the wins were trash anyway.