United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

Olecurls99

You are being kind.Don’t you mean if we played football like we actually had a plan on how to play the game? You know like we had been coached properly?
Jeez can you imagine how many games we'd go unbeaten if we had a proper coach. We might even set a recor..... Oh wait

Withnail

You are being kind.Don’t you mean if we played football like we actually had a plan on how to play the game? You know like we had been coached properly?
So you're saying a poorly coached team with no game plan, playing dull football broke the record for the most away games without a loss and came second in the league?

Surely that's an achievement.

Olecurls99

:lol: Come now, it's clear we aren't being coached properly because we lose way too many games, those 5 in the last 54 league games were fecking awful!
5 whole losses in 54. This is an outrage!

He clearly hasn't got a clue about football. Get some serial winner in like Jose to fix things.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
So you're saying a poorly coached team with no game plan, playing dull football broke the record for the most away games without a loss and came second in the league?

Surely that's an achievement.
To some it would appear.knock yourself out, go nuts.

Olecurls99

When we get in a proper coach to manage this team properly I'm sure we can reduce that down to 4 and we'll smash all these puny Premier League records and we'll finally see some patterns of play! I love me some good patterns.
Pretty pretty patterns(in the voice of Gollem)

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
So 4/6 ? Ok
4 from 6 is pretty good but given the standards set by City & the Scouse probably not good enough given the teams involved. It wasn’t the points return I had in mind though it was the poor performances in those games.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Could have lost at Saints .
Should have lost at Wolves.
Christ has nothing to do with it man.
There's literally no record in the world where the team setting the record didn't have a bit of luck at times.

City's team that got 100 points won a few games in stoppage time, Arsenal's invincible side could have lost to us, our '99 treble side could have ended up without the FA Cup and CL had Bergkamp scored his pen and bayern finished off their chances. You can go on and on

meamth

We are a top team and we have kept this record because we have been pragmatic in games. Look at games against Leeds, WBA last season, where we should be going for the win, instead we took the draw.

I would prefer to lose 1 game than drawing 3/4.
Thing is people like you, when we lose goes around Caf and say "SACK OLE".

He just can't win until he won a trophy. Let's just conclude that here.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Thing is people like you, when we lose goes around Caf and say "SACK OLE".

He just can't win until he won a trophy. Let's just conclude that here.
It's not so much winning a trophy but geting us to play like champions elect. Both Liverpool and City pre covid putting all bias aside were very entertaining to watch. We did have some very good performances last season but on the whole most of our games consisted of grinding out results without that feck yeah, what a great team factor. We were more like Wolves on steroids than 2011 Barca.

Maybe it's been a lack of personal but this season he has a squad to take us to the next level which means getting us to play a more defined , more entertaining type of football. Until that happens then Ole will always be under scrutiny and rightly so. Breaking records is all well and good but at least for me it's the way they're broken more than the actual result that counts which is why I don't think breking this record is anything to really get excited about. Nice to have but means jack shit.

Strelok

And pure entertaining football every game... :houllier:
That's true back then we had a considerable number of matches where we're pretty average, even worse but tbh I still found watching us entertained :D

Because I knew we would fight to the bitter end to find a goal to draw or win. And we often managed to do so, that tbh made me even happier and more entertained than a 5-0 win. It's like watching a thriller of which you have no idea what's the outcome until the last minute. That's the beauty of football to me.

Back then under Moyes, LVG or Mourinho that whole thing above simply disappeared. We often showed no teeth no hunger nothing even when we're a goal down. We played like win, draw, lose didn't matter at all. That made me feel like this was no longer United, I was watching another team which happened to have the same shirt. The spirit was simply gone. Now it's back and I'm really happy :D

meamth

Did we look like a properly coached team when Wolves were overrunning us?
Don't be a duck, it's not 95% of the games like that. There will always days when we play shite.

You do remember City got thumped last season against Villa? can't remember what team. Maybe Villa.

We played bad we didn't get thumped,be fecking grateful mate.

Don't spread this stupid bullshyte about we play bad more often than good football.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Some posters just post non-stop negative comments. I can't imagine being a United fan (or a fan of any club) and not posting something positive, just one thing surely?

There are players I rate, players I don't... games I think we've played well, games we haven't. But surely if everything you think/post is negative, you'd be better not watching us/football.

One poster in particular... must just be a permanent sad, angry existence. Should find another club/activity.

Back to the thread. The record is a good thing as not losing is a great habit to have. But with the attacking options we have now, we need to be more positive .... transition forward more quickly, play to our strengths, get defences turning and running backwards. Turn some of those draws to wins.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Don't be a duck, it's not 95% of the games like that. There will always days when we play shite.

You do remember City got thumped last season against Villa? can't remember what team. Maybe Villa.

We played bad we didn't get thumped,be fecking grateful mate.

Don't spread this stupid bullshyte about we play bad more often than good football.
I never said we played shyte! I said we were overrun, which we were.We have not addressed our big problem in midfield.
I didn’t say we play badly more often than not either.
I remind you of the Europa final when our opponents made 5 subs before we made one.
Poor coaching I say.

Strelok

I never said we played shyte! I said we were overrun, which we were.We have not addressed our big problem in midfield.
I didn’t say we play badly more often than not either.
I remind you of the Europa final when our opponents made 5 subs before we made one.
Poor coaching I say.
Regarding the Europa final imo it was not due to the subs I think. We threw everyone we could into and tbf it's not like we had much on the bench who supposedly better than what we had on the pitch anyway. I don't think our bench would have made a big difference even Ole had threw them in earlier. Had Rashford burried his chance in the second half we would have won I think. It's football, after all.

I was also of the opinion we were really stupid/bad to have not won against them. And Ole should be held responsible for that. But after watching them against Chelsea imo it's a bit unfair to both them and Ole. They were no joke tbf.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
:lol: Come now, it's clear we aren't being coached properly because we lose way too many games, those 5 in the last 54 league games were fecking awful!
We lost 6 league games last season so that can't be right.

meamth

Individual brilliance whiners is back.

I'm just going to laugh at them. Fookin idiots.

alexthelion

Hope none of the whingers celebrated today, we didn't win the league/a cup, afterall.

tomaldinho1

Or Donald Trump.

So let´s all be grumpy until we win something, shall we. Another 3 points against City, but we haven´t won anything yet. Ronaldo just scored a hattrick, but we haven´t won anything yet. We just beat Liverpool 5-0, but we haven´t won anything yet. Are we signing Haaland? Who cares, we haven´t won anything yet.
All of these scenarios are better than the randomness of being unbeaten away though. That’s the point, it is a completely meaningless fact.

Dve

You would rather go undefeated away without winning anything than win 5-0 against Pool or sign Haaland??
No, you missed the point completely. There are all kinds of stats, top goal scorer, most assists, unbeaten record etc. It does not win you a trophy, but that doesn´t mean there is no entertainment in stats like that, or they are totally meaningless. To most people loving football, at least.