UnOfficial F1 Forum...

Snoeker

Melvinyeo said:
Interestingly,in the top 100 ,Hakkinen not in top 50 :houllier: ,come on there are a few drivers that didn't derserve to be ahead of him
Johnny Herbert :lol: :lol: How many world champs does he have? Jacques Villeneuve 29 :lol: Also above Hakkinen. I'm a willaims man myself but dammit I could have won in that car that JV won the WC in.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Top 5 in Fri qualifying:

1.Montoya
2.Barrichello
3.M.Schumacher
4.Da Matta
5.Raikkonen

Predictions for the race:

1.Montoya
2.Raikkonen
3.Barrichello

I just got a feeling that Ralf Schumacher will crash out his brother to help Montoya

toml

Toml 23rd Jan 2005 12:05 "We'll be in the CL next
Spa/Belgium is back for next season :drool:

Cal?

CR7 fan
VII said:
What record?
Senna's 65 pole positions out of 162 Grand Prix races against schumi's 50 out of 178? Or schumi the 1st 'winner' of a race in F1 history to be booed while collecting his 'winner's' trophy on the podium? :rolleyes:

Anyway Fangio also won the championship 5 times, on his own, unlike...

Read my previous link. Senna achieved all his victories not only without his teammate pulling over again and again to let him win but even had to win quite a few against his teammate prost who's arguably better or at least on par with schumi & other F1 greats such as nelson piquet and nigel mansell.

Another good read.
http://autosport.net/items/senna/other/senna-vs-schumi.htm
I'm not aware that qualifying first is ever more important than winning races. Schumacher has much the better record in race wins.

One can argue that Schumy often had a lesser car than his rivals during his early Ferrari days and it was to his credit that he managed to win so many time despite not qualifying first. He regularly qualifies ahead of his team-mate.

You can't write off Schumy's wins just because Ferrari chose to run a different team tactics to McLaren used to, the fact is 9 times out of 10, Schumy is ahead of Barrichello anyway, and only very few race wins in his career was handed to him by his team mate.

As for your article, it was obvious that the author had putting Senna ahead in mind when he wrote it. It's simply biasness that he's put Senna ahead in techinical, consistency and will to win. IMO Schumy more than matches Senna in those categories.

MelvinYeo

Latest:Marc Gene the former Minardi man has replaced Ralf Schumacher for qualifying

MelvinYeo

Ralf reported a headache to the Williams team and that's the cause why he has missed out

MelvinYeo

M Schumacher got pole for the Italian GP but damn it was a very close call.Montoya just missed out by 0.051 sec and Barrichello got 3rd.Raikkonen got 4th :( .

pjaya

it was close.

the comentator was saying the whole tifosis was quiet when motor mouth montoya was fastest in the first 2 sector. :lol:

MelvinYeo

Marc Gene will crash out one of Williams rival title contenders,what are the odds

Cal?

CR7 fan
VII said:
It's not. But it shows who's the fastest driver. ;) You have to be the fastest to be on pole. But with enough luck, any body in the top 3 teams can win a race. In fact nobody can win a race without being lucky.
Did you read my message or not? Fact is the Ferrari is often a lesser car in earlier seasons compared to Williams and McLaren and it's difficult to qualify first in lesser cars.
VII said:
History shows that Senna spent a much longer period driving lesser cars. :) Also many of schumi's victories came handed on a plate courtesy of factors such as teammates binded (what a joke! :lol: ) by contracts to be his no. 2(Not very confident for The Best Ever I say. For God's sake it's Eddie Irvine. :eek: :lol: :rolleyes: :smirk: ), very good team strategy and machinery reliability. Senna regularly qualified ahead of everybody.
I'm not sure how "many" Schumy's wins were handed to him on a plate, Austria last year and I can't think of another one...
VII said:
No matter how few, that makes him an unworthy Champion! :nono: Obviously if he can win the Championship on his own, he doesn't need his teammate's help. But if he can't.....
Actually, I think you'd find it's Ferrari who wanted to run the team orders, not Schumacher. He was so far ahead last season he would have won it with or without that win in Austria.
VII said:
I didn't write that! Senna can't win can he?? :wenger: If he's ahead, the writer's obviously biased. If schumi's ahead, you go 'I told you so! schumi's god!' Fact is motorsports writers, people in F1 past and present & readers of mags like ITV-F1 around the world consistently rate/vote Senna as the best ever by a considerable margin. A quick search in the internet verifies that. :)
I think the fact that on the whole the English media dislikes the Germans may have something to do with that.

The fact is Schumacher has won the most races in the history of the sport and in a few weeks, he'd probably have won the most World Championships too.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Melvinyeo said:
Marc Gene will crash out one of Williams rival title contenders,what are the odds
Barrichello crashed out Montoya at turn 1, what are the odds? :smirk:

MelvinYeo

Cal said:
Barrichello crashed out Montoya at turn 1, what are the odds? :smirk:
Marc Gene will crash out Schumacher,trust me,they will use Gene as asub,not give him anything and they would have said,you crash him out or be sacked ;)

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Suzuka 1997 too Cal.

far more often the case is that Schumacher's teamates have given him a lower position or not challenged him late in races or sacrificed their own race to keep someone behind. Also, they run less spec on the cars and don't get priority over testing, parts or the spare car at Grand Prix. He also gets first call on pitstops during races.

All in all though, thats no more than what Senna had, although he bullied and fought people to get those benefits. Schumacher has these in his contract. Its unfair to compare Senna and Schumacher as they are both equally full of shite. Successful though, so that must be what it takes.

MelvinYeo

Exciting race(But not exciting for Kimi tho :( ),MSchumaxcher into the pits,when everyone gets the pitstops done:

1.Schumacher
2.Montoya
3.Barrichello
4.Kimi

feck,thought the guy coming out ahead of Schumacher was JPM :mad:

MelvinYeo

Seems like Schumacher's winning it :mad:

COME ON KIMI!On the tail of Barrichello!

pjaya

certianly this build up nicely for the final race.

shame coulthard car didn't hold out long.

Cal?

CR7 fan
A bit of a boring race but I'm glad that Schumacher is back in winning form. The US Grand Prix is very similar to Monza so Schumy should still have an advantage. :smirk:

MelvinYeo

Cal said:
A bit of a boring race but I'm glad that Schumacher is back in winning form. The US Grand Prix is very similar to Monza so Schumy should still have an advantage. :smirk:
Michelin should be able to test their new tyre properly and hopefully Kimi,Mclaren and Williams will be able to comeback against Schumacher.

UP KIMI!

MelvinYeo

US qualifying tomorrow,predictions for the race:
1.Kimi
2.DC
3.Barrichello

Cal?

CR7 fan

1. M Schumacher
2. R Schumacher
3. Kimi Raikonnen
6. JP Montoya

It's be all over in the States... even if it isn't as long as Schumi comes out of the weekend within 1pt of the leader, it's his title to win. His record in Japan is phenomenal and the circuit suits Ferrari more than the rivals...

MelvinYeo

Cal said:

1. M Schumacher
2. R Schumacher
3. Kimi Raikonnen
6. JP Montoya

It's be all over in the States... even if it isn't as long as Schumi comes out of the weekend within 1pt of the leader, it's his title to win. His record in Japan is phenomenal and the circuit suits Ferrari more than the rivals...
I think USA suits Williams more and they have tested the Michelin properly soI think JPM will win.Heart says Kimi,head says JPM :(

Cal?

CR7 fan
Melvinyeo said:
I think USA suits Williams more and they have tested the Michelin properly soI think JPM will win.Heart says Kimi,head says JPM :(
Doesn't really matter, as long as Schumi come out of the race within a point, it's his World Championship.

He's simply the best in Japan... no contest...

MelvinYeo

Pos No Driver Team Time

1 7 Jarno Trulli Renault 1:09.566

2 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:09.835

3 14 Mark Webber Jaguar -Cosworth 1:10.081

4 4 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 1:10.222

5 3 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:10.372

6 5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 1:10.450

7 8 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:10.556

8 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:10.736

9 6 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:10.756

10 17 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:11.847

11 21 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 1:11.949

12 11 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan-Ford 1:12.227

13 10 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Sauber-Petronas 1:13.541

14 20 Olivier Panis Toyota 1:17.666

15 9 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-Petronas 1:17.768

16 16 Jacques Villeneuve BAR-Honda 1:18.547

17 12 Ralph Firman Jordan-Ford 1:19.383

18 15 Justin Wilson Jaguar -Cosworth 1:19.491

19 18 Nicolas Kiesa Minardi-Cosworth 1:21.973

20 19 Jos Verstappen Minardi-Cosworth No time

Kimi down in 9th :( ,btw Cal,Schumachere isn't doing so well :smirk:

Cal?

CR7 fan
If it rains for the race tomorrow, it'll turn the race in favour of Schumi... :smirk:

MelvinYeo

Cal said:
If it rains for the race tomorrow, it'll turn the race in favour of Schumi... :smirk:
I m tipping Renault to spring a suprise

MelvinYeo

Hey Cal,Schumacher in 7th huh :lol:

And Kimi is on pole!!!!!!!!!!!!Yessssssss!

Perfect! :D

Cal?

CR7 fan
Melvinyeo said:
Hey Cal,Schumacher in 7th huh :lol:

And Kimi is on pole!!!!!!!!!!!!Yessssssss!

Perfect! :D
Again, just shows that qualifying don't count for a lot nowadays...

Schumacher within a point of the title and given his record in Japan, it's a foregone conclusion. :D :D :D :D

Best Driver Ever!!

MelvinYeo

Cal said:
Again, just shows that qualifying don't count for a lot nowadays...

Schumacher within a point of the title and given his record in Japan, it's a foregone conclusion. :D :D :D :D

Best Driver Ever!!
Have to say it was a brilliant win and the dream for Kimi is over :(

But next season,Kimi will come back stronger than ever so

Kimi will win the fecking title next year!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Melvinyeo said:
Have to say it was a brilliant win and the dream for Kimi is over :(

But next season,Kimi will come back stronger than ever so

Kimi will win the fecking title next year!
We'll see... I'm sure Ferrari and Bridgestone will have a busy Winter...

The tyres needs to be improved and I'm sure it will be before next season. :smirk:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He still has to finish in the points so we can but hope. Not that I can be arsed watching the borefest that is F1 these days.

MelvinYeo

Wibble said:
He still has to finish in the points so we can but hope. Not that I can be arsed watching the borefest that is F1 these days.
Actually,this is the most exciting season in years,possbly a three way tussle we haven't seen since the 1980s.And the most exciting since Hakkinen and Schumacher

And Kimi is gonna be the new Hakkinen :D

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Melvinyeo said:
Actually,this is the most exciting season in years,possbly a three way tussle we haven't seen since the 1980s.And the most exciting since Hakkinen and Schumacher

And Kimi is gonna be the new Hakkinen :D
Not saying much I'm afraid. And the only thing you can say for Hakkinen is that he isn't quite as boring as Schumacher.

And I'd prefer if it someone was the new ..... erm .... someone exciting.

MelvinYeo

Wibble said:
Not saying much I'm afraid. And the only thing you can say for Hakkinen is that he isn't quite as boring as Schumacher.

And I'd prefer if it someone was the new ..... erm .... someone exciting.
I think not a lot of teams are following Sauber's way,finding very young drivers and turning them into world-beaters,I think a lot of teams either go for a driver or a test driver who has experience in F1 or a rookie that has loads of experience in other racing series i.e Da Matta.In fact,even Sauber are turning whole thing around by hiring Fisichella and HHF or Heidfeld for next year's champonship.I am afraid you won't see anybody exciting or terribly new to this kind of pressure i.e Kimi in 01.Another problem is the granting of the superlicence by the FIA,which is very diificult to get if you don't have/have very little experience in the lower Formulas.

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
and finally: M. Schmi ist weltmeister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil:

well..i mean.. 1 point is not that hard for schmi.... :nervous:

Amir

Melvinyeo said:
In fact,even Sauber are turning whole thing around by hiring Fisichella and HHF or Heidfeld for next year's champonship.
Actually both Germans are out at the ends of the season. Looks like they are bringing back Felipe Massa, though they may well be grooming him for a bigger team.

MelvinYeo

Amir said:
Actually both Germans are out at the ends of the season. Looks like they are bringing back Felipe Massa, though they may well be grooming him for a bigger team.
Massa is at Ferrari testing for them :confused: