g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Unpopular (AKA fickle) opinion time on AWB.....

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
He looks like someone who takes 5-6 secs to answer a simple question and then replies "huuuh?"

He comes across as a bit of dozy person/player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Think I got him completely wrong. I thought he was a really good defender but he is so dozy and just gets caught out of position too often. Clearly we're not a well designed team defensively and he is clearly someone that needs simple and clear instructions, but I've lost all faith in him becoming a top defender.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just bump it up when he plays shit and dont say shit when he plays well. Gets some assists aswell.

Oh well. Pointy finger time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s been absolutely awful.

clearly doesn’t know how to play as a wing back.

The United

Thought his passing was shit. No, his positioning is worse.

Tends to forget about the space behind him at times. Weird that he is playing for a club like United.

Bwuk

Just bump it up when he plays shit and dont say shit when he plays well. Gets some assists aswell.

Biggest game of the season so far and he’s been embarassing.

spiriticon

Quite possibly the worst performance by any player this season so far.

Rather have Martial playing RB at the moment

GMoore23

I've never rated him to be honest and not a big fan of defenders who go to ground often in general.
Almost all the great defenders of the past rarely went to ground as their reading of the game was exceptional.
Bissaka gets away with it mostly as he's really good at it but nonetheless everytime you go to ground you have to get it right or the other team are in on goal.

Martialfc

Anyone slating AWB hasn’t got a clue. He’s being asked to play RWB by a clueless manager. His game isn’t an attacking fullback, he’s a defensive RB and that’s it. Not AWBs fault in the slightest. This is like asking Mata to go in goal. This is all on Ole.

Art

Art the artist
I think football to AWB is like a minigame. If he goes out and makes 6+ tackles a game, he's pleased with himself. If he's got the oppo winger in his pocket, he's earned his salary. He doesn't seem like he cares about what happens on the pitch/the result. Joke of a player. If Everton or whomever buys him for 20-30 million, I'd be happy. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I don't ever see him play for United.

NinjaFletch

Anyone slating AWB hasn’t got a clue. He’s being asked to play RWB by a clueless manager. His game isn’t an attacking fullback, he’s a defensive RB and that’s it. Not AWBs fault in the slightest. This is like asking Mata to go in goal. This is all on Ole.
People's issue with him is he's a pretty shit one of those, too, which is an issue when he provides pretty much feck all going forward.

arnie_ni

For that first goal Awb was tucked in marking lindelofs man as if by design. Lindelof should have pulled onto him and let awb drop out.

Shocking organisation by coaches and the players.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
But he's messing up the defensive side of the game?

El Zoido

He cost us both goals. You need every player to play at a high level in these games, he’s been a disaster.

fezzerUTD

AWB still plays the same as when Hodgson coached him because nobody at Utd is bothering to coach him properly and just want him to do what he does. Which is total bs.

Martialfc

But he's messing up the defensive side of the game?
He’s messing up the defensive side because he’s being played out of position. He’s played RB all his life then Ole comes along and asks him to play RWB. It’s like acting a doctor to take teeth out. Yes they have a medical background and understand injections but they can’t extract a tooth! Same principle!

spiriticon

He’s messing up the defensive side because he’s being played out of position. He’s played RB all his life then Ole comes along and asks him to play RWB. It’s like acting a doctor to take teeth out. Yes they have a medical background and understand injections but they can’t extract a tooth! Same principle!
Just admit he's too thick to play in more than one position

Martialfc

What part of AWBs game tells you he can attack? He’s awful at going forward. Yet ole wants to play him as a wingback. Ole hasn’t got a clue.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Come on now, right back or right wing back are in terms of defensive positioning almost the same. The difference is he has extra help on the inside so should almost solely focus on the flank. He's basically being asked to do less defensively.

mckenzie79

Just admit he's not a RWB, never has been. He cant cross or attack well enough to be asked to,but Ole has asked him to in our biggest game of the season.

Formation should have changed after 10 mins anyway, it clearly wasnt working from the kick off

spiriticon

What part of AWBs game tells you he can attack? He’s awful at going forward. Yet ole wants to play him as a wingback. Ole hasn’t got a clue.
Just admit he's not a RWB, never has been. He cant cross or attack well enough to be asked to,but Ole has asked him to in our biggest game of the season.

Formation should have changed after 10 mins anyway, it clearly wasnt working from the kick off
If he can't transition from RB to RWB he has a problem. It's not like Ole is asking him to play RWF. And also it's his defending that's the issue tonight, not his attacking.

Skills

Snitch
Him and Maguire. The lasting legacy of the Solskjaer era to hamstring us for years and years to come

Dorris

Absolute garbage. We’re going nowhere with this lad at RB.

MTF

I think only in England would this guy even be rated enough as a prospect to get a professional deal, with the fetishizing of tackling and all. In no other major footballing nation does his lack of ability on the ball rate him a 1st division full-back. Did he just bully every other kid with his speed in U14, U17s, etc?

tomaldinho1

What is more likely - Hodgson and Rodgers are just better at organising defences OR AWB and Maguire have regressed to an embarrassing point in a year under Ole.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If any one of my players put as little effort and intensity in their performance as he did today, i'd fine them whatever the maximum fine is.

Like I said in his player thing, it's one thing to be shit... its another to not give a shit. When you're doing the latter I have zero time for you and neither should the club.

Honestly if he had been subbed after 15 minutes it would have been totally justified.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

He is lazy. Martial and pogba get destroyed for laziness. Oh but he can slide tackle and keep sterling quiet even though sterling skinned him multiple times.

PoTMS

Some on here actually have the gall to say he's been a great signing.