US Men's National Team Discussion

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Who is the Scally fella? I keep seeing his name on FB posts.
18yo Right back for Borussia Mönchengladbach. He is out of NYCFC's academy and I'll be honest and say I knew very little of him other then randomly seeing him play in the U17 WC. He has exploded onto the scene for BM this season and has been in a couple of Bundesliga teams of the week. Has played a few games as LB and a few at RB, but he seems to be playing as more of a wing back in BM's system. Has not looked at all phased going up against the leagues best left sided attackers. All of a sudden we have a glut of players at RB, so it will be interesting to see how Dest/Scally are handled going forward.

Not sure if we have any BM fans on here who could add more useful comments.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
GB will play Scally as a winger!
you joke (I think) but it could work. From what I have seen of Scally he likes to stay wide, while Dest drifts inside. Flipping them (Scally at RB, dest on the wing) would probably work better. But let’s be honest, Ariola is starting on the wing. Always.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I joke… but I never know what GB will do. It is almost a safe bet that beside strikers and Pulisic, he will play people out of their club position.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I joke… but I never know what GB will do. It is almost a safe bet that beside strikers and Pulisic, he will play people out of their club position.
You can cross strikers off that list as he called in Ferreira as a striker for this camp. The ONLY backup striker at that.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Presuming Steffen was offered a bucket of money to stick around as a rarely used backup for City. Much prefer he find a club to be a regular keeper. Doesn't merit starting for the NT if not playing at club level. Problem being there's not much else available bar Turner.

Howard looks like Captain Spaulding and the lady looks like Busy Phillips.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Alex Mighten committed to the US. Anyone got info on him?

I see he's a winger, born in the US, aged 18, and plays for Forest.
That's actually really exciting considering how fragile Pulisic and Reyna are turning out to be. I watched him a bit this year since Horvath signed with Forest. He seems a good prospect, but it is the championship so who knows.

sport2793

Man Joe Scally looks like a real talent. Amazing technique, two footed, looks really good on the left too. I would honestly play him as LB and Dest as RB, that would be fun to watch.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
feck ESPN.
If ESPN gets the PL that is what we will end up with. Sorry soccer fans to delay you to your coverage but we have a real American sport here with Cincinnati AMERICAN football. Idiots

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If ESPN gets the PL that is what we will end up with. Sorry soccer fans to delay you to your coverage but we have a real American sport here with Cincinnati AMERICAN football. Idiots
This was the first time I can ever remember ESPN shifting American football to the other channel.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is the best I can remember us playing vs. Mexico in WCQ, even if we are a bit sloppy. When you consider out best 3 players are not out there it is heartening.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
that is a definite yellow and Twellman should go feck himself. He’s as good a commentator as he was striker.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
These chances need to get in. We are playing strong but nothing to show for it.