US Men's National Team Discussion

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This ref. Also, Twellman can go feck himsrlf again.

Twellman is the American Gary Neville. But bad at football.

edcunited1878

Fan fecking tastic. Most dominant performance I've seen in years, if not ever, by US...in addition it being against Mexico.

Dos a cero strikes again!

sport2793

Fantastic performance from the US, where is that clown Mexican fan on here who thinks this US generation is nothing special? US looked more technically sound than Mexico, who were chasing the ball the entire match!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Amazing game. 2022 is going to be fun, but in 2026 when these guy are in the mid (!!!!!!!!) 20’s? Holy shit.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Great job from the crowd too. Created a great atmosphere. Our fans have come so far from the days when we only knew how to do the Ole Ole chant.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Great job from the crowd too. Created a great atmosphere. Our fans have come so far from the days when we only knew how to do the Ole Ole chant.
100%. Nice to finally not be playing a Mexico WCQ in front of a 90/10 Mexico crowd. Credit to Cincinnati, they brought it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The MMA midfield owned Mexico and Weah/Aronsson were fantastic. Going to be interesting what GB does when everyone is fit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not from America but there's something fun about watching USA doing well in Football.

You really want it.

I think it's because it wasn't viewed as their main sport (yet) / so you want it to keep growing.

Looking good and the youngsters have entered alot of the leagues like the Premiership, Ligue 1, La Liga and the Bundesliga.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is absolutely the bourbon talking, but I am so fecking excited about where we are going. Our best 11, except for GK, are all under 23. Our U20 players are great. The future is bright for 2026.

TheLord

It is something cultural and because it is so ingrained in everyone's psyche, it is extemely difficult to change.

"Soccer" will never be the top sport in the US, much like there's no changing cricket from the top of the pedestal in most of the South Asian countries.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It is something cultural and because it is so ingrained in everyone's psyche, it is extemely difficult to change.

"Soccer" will never be the top sport in the US, much like there's no changing cricket from the top of the pedestal in most of the South Asian countries.
I would never say never. Baseball was once top and nothing was a close second. Now NFL is far ahead. Soccer has already moved up past Hockey in TV viewers. Wrestling was at one time 2nd or 3rd. In my lifetime soccer has moved up. It might not get to be the top sport in my lifetime, but it could move to 3rd or 2nd.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Whatever. I am drunk and happy. Baseball is the best and soccer/football is 1B. We beat Mexico like they were Andora. Buster Posey I love you and please don’t retire! Also, United should sign MMA and sell McFred. Title sorted.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Was VAR not in use last night? Shocked how the Mexican player remained on the pitch after hands to the face twice on Aaronson. Steffen had arguably his most impressive performance in the shirt - a sprint to enter the scuffle!

Sucks I am missing these matches due to the German time zone. And German beds suck. My back is wrecked every fecking morning. I am now convinced German footballers must be non-human and these beds may explain why the Germanic language is so full of angst.

Stumbled onto this NT fan page a couple weeks ago. The pro-Berhalter crowd remind me of another pro-below-average-coach crowd on a certain forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2603635568/

Saw this on the page above.

Achilles McCool

And German beds suck. My back is wrecked every fecking morning. I am now convinced German footballers must be non-human and these beds may explain why the Germanic language is so full of angst
This has to be one of the greatest rifs I’ve heard on the Caf in months!!! Guttural

Now I’m off to Netflix to watch S3 of Narcos Mexico and previous chapters from the US v Mexico tragedy