US Open

wr8_utd

:'(
Which Andy?

Davydenko 2 sets to love up after being a break down in the first set.

Soderling stuck at 5-5 against some unknown in the first set. He's really rusty.

PS: Ok he took the set 7-5 now.

Fed and Clijsters play today as well. How is that the two number 2's are getting the advantage of playing before the number ones?

I remember Fed always playing the games first because he used to be number 1.

Woziacki and Nadal should be playing today ideally.

Anyway some good players on court today.

Kim, Roddick, Fed.

Hewitt Mahieu should be good.

Oh and Hantuchova plays today :drool:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I want Djokovic to win, but that tit will choke as always.

Is Del Potro's injury serious or just a knock? Hopefully nothing long-term, never a good thing when the champ is unable to defend their title.

wr8_utd

He's been out since the Aussie Open. Pretty major injury. He had surgery and all of that and he should be back by next month.

Hope he can get back to his brilliant best.

And no chance Djokovic will win with the draw he's got :lol:

wr8_utd

Soderling 2 sets to 1 up. Can't believe he dropped a set.

Davydenko won in straight sets. Roddick seems on course for an easy victory

wr8_utd

Soderling taken to the 5th set by an unknown :lol:

And he's the only obstacle in Fed's path to the semis. Federer could not have possibly dreamed of a better draw.

wr8_utd

Draws really opened up for Rafa :D

Gulbis and Baghdatis are both out to Chardy and Clement respectively.

That leaves Nalbandian as one hard opponent left in Nadal's quarter.

And in a bad day for seeds even F. Lopez crashed out, as did Nieminen.

Ginepri is also 2 sets to love down and Fish is tied at 1 set all :eek:

Troicki with a break in the 2nd set vs Djoko :lol:

wr8_utd

Fish back to 2 sets all and with break point in the 3rd.

Djoko is tied at 1 set all and a break down in the third. Hes pathetic really. Federer is going to have the easiest path to the final in recent history :lol:

wr8_utd

Seeds continue to struggle/fall.

Djoko 2 sets to 1 down. 1 set away from a first round exit :eek:
Stephanek and Monaco both sets down as well.

Atleast Fish won :D

Strange match. Went to 5 sets and yet the 3 sets he won were 6-0 6-0 6-1

PS: Djoko just got broken in the 4th set as well :eek:

Epic shock on the cards. When I saw his draw I knew he would struggle big time, but not in the first round even though Troicki is a hard opponent.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
djokovic and troicki are good friends, it probably hampers him

he'll win in 5 and go on to lose to roddick in the quarters

wr8_utd

djokovic and troicki are good friends, it probably hampers him

he'll win in 5 and go on to lose to roddick in the quarters
Have you seen Djokovich's draw? I very much doubt he's going to make it to the quarters even if he gets through today.

He also plays Fish before the Roddick and Fed matches.

PS: 3-1 to Troicki in the 4th set now. Just 3 games away...

Vidicious

Flop
:lol: we should have a wr8 utd forum where he can talk to himself about tennis constantly.

Whens Murrays first match? Or has he played it already?

Supports
Barcelona
I'm surprised this thread wasn't started by him :)

wr8_utd

I'm surprised this thread wasn't started by him :)
Well I had started the Tennis thread for all tennis discussion but this got created so well :p

:lol: we should have a wr8 utd forum where he can talk to himself about tennis constantly.
Whens Murrays first match? Or has he played it already?
:D

Murray plays the wonderfully named Lukas Lacko tomorrow, not before 1800 BST.

wr8_utd

Ah dam looks like the Djokovich recovery is on it's way :(

He breaks back in the 4th and leads 4-3 on serve

championo

Top Stalker
Ah dam looks like the Djokovich recovery is on it's way :(

He breaks back in the 4th and leads 4-3 on serve
Not too fast. I see him going out. Out with the Djoker.
Djokovich could have been loved by many, but he called out Federer too early. He and his mom were unbearable the year he won his Aussie Open

wr8_utd

Not too fast. I see him going out. Out with the Djoker.
Djokovich could have been loved by many, but he called out Federer too early. He and his mom were unbearable the year he won his Aussie Open
Yet less annoying that Murray's though :nervous:

But yeah he's not really much loved is he. He's a real wasted talent. He was the up and coming guy on the tour after his win in 08 and his performances before that. But he's just been consistently average since then.
His fitness and lack of adaptability to other surfaces puts him well below the likes of Nadal and Fed.

PS: There was opening at 15-30 for Troicki there to serve for the match. He'll have to hold to stay in the set now.

wr8_utd

Ah Choker takes the set 7-5.

A 5 set marathon is not really going to help his shockingly poor fitness though, especially in the heat and in the 1st round.

Troicki really has only himself to blame here. Had a break in the 4th set and also broke at the start of the 5th but immediately got broken back. Poor.

wr8_utd

Nadal 7-6 6-5 up. He's not been too great but he rarely ever starts a tournament well and Gabashvili is not a very easy first round opponent.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good game, the Russian's served well. Nadal doesn't look right to me, maybe he's carrying an injury or he's underestimated his opponent, he's only shown glimpses of his brilliance.

It's already 10:30pm in NYC, and Wozniacki's match is meant to follow Nadal's. I've always wondered how it's possible for matches to be played beyond midnight in Australia and the US, but I've never seen it happen at Wimbledon. Is it something to do with the different surface (hard court vs. grass) or some other reason/rule?

wr8_utd

Nadal just always is this poor on these courts. It's not an injury.

And typical bottle job there by him. Had 2 sets points on 6-5 on Gaba serve and two 2nd serves to return and just completely bottled them. Sigh.

wr8_utd

Mini break for Nadal in the tie break, 4-2. He really needs to get into the 2nd serve better. His returns of the 2nd serve of the Russian have been far too poor.

And atlast on the Set point #4 he takes the tie break 7-4.

Gabashvili is a really good player so this is a very good workout for Nadal.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Good game, the Russian's served well. Nadal doesn't look right to me, maybe he's carrying an injury or he's underestimated his opponent, he's only shown glimpses of his brilliance.

It's already 10:30pm in NYC, and Wozniacki's match is meant to follow Nadal's. I've always wondered how it's possible for matches to be played beyond midnight in Australia and the US, but I've never seen it happen at Wimbledon. Is it something to do with the different surface (hard court vs. grass) or some other reason/rule?
Well I think with Wimbledon it had to do with the lights before. Now it's not as big a deal but if I'm not mistaken only centre court can go late.

In the US it's all about money. Prime time tv, ratings, and ad revenue. I mean it's like that everywhere but we REALLY milk it in the US. NBC's west coast tape delay of the Vancouver Olympics, for an extreme example. I think we'd rather schedule late and make sure as many people as possible get to watch the beginning and hope east coasters stay up to watch until the end rather than force people on the west coast to miss the start whether they want to or not.

I don't know enough about Australia to be able to say they do it for the same reason.

wr8_utd

Well I think with Wimbledon it had to do with the lights before. Now it's not as big a deal but if I'm not mistaken only centre court can go late.

In the US it's all about money. Prime time tv, ratings, and ad revenue. I mean it's like that everywhere but we REALLY milk it in the US. NBC's west coast tape delay of the Vancouver Olympics, for an extreme example. I think we'd rather schedule late and make sure as many people as possible get to watch the beginning and hope east coasters stay up to watch until the end rather than force people on the west coast to miss the start whether they want to or not.

I don't know enough about Australia to be able to say they do it for the same reason.
Yeah now with the roof rain/darkness are not much of an issue. The outside courts however don't have matches playing late.

Matches in Australia just always end up finishing late late at night :lol:

wr8_utd

Yeah was quite sad to see her like that. She got taken off in a wheelchair right?

Berdych lost the 1st set to Llodra :(

wr8_utd

Murray takes the 1st set 6-3. Breaks early in the 2nd but immediately gets broken back.

Berdych a game away from going 2 sets to love down :eek:

That's Murray's path to the semis secured then.

wr8_utd

Absolutely mega mega shock.

Berdych goes out in straight sets. He was the number 7 seed too.

wr8_utd

Nadal

Round1: Gabshivali : W 7-6 7-6 6-3
Round 2: Istomin :
Round 3: Kohschreiber
Round 4: Harrison in R4 :
Round 5: Nalbandian
Semis: Murray
Berdych is now out :eek:

Federer

1st Round: Dabul : W 6-1 6-4 6-2
2nd Round: Beck or Berrer
3rd Round : Hewitt or Mayer
4th Round: Ferrero or Melzer
5th Round: Cilic or Soderling
Semis: Joke-o-vich Probably

Murray

1st Round: Lacko : 6-3 6-2 6-2
2nd Round: Brown
3rd Round: Wawrinka or Chela
4th Round: Almagro
5th Round: Stepanek/Youzny/Isner
Semis: Nadal

Djokovich

1st Round: Troicki : 6-3 2-6 3-6 7-5 6-3
2nd Round: Petz
3rd Round: Blake or Monaco
4th Round: Fish
5th Round:Tipsy/Monfils/Gasquet?
Semis: Fed/Soderling

So with Davydenko, Roddick,Baggy, Gulbis, Berdych, Ljubicic the major players to fall till now this is how the draw looks with the most probably players to go through.

wr8_utd

Well that's Roddick out as well. Not surprising really. He's been shocking since that Wimbledon final last year.
Good for Djokovich. Makes his draw a bit better looking now.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Couldnt believe what a dick Roddick made of himself last nite. feck me, did he go on about that footfault or what. If it was so obvious it had to have been his left foot, then why did he ask 'Which foot?' in the first place :houllier:

I had wanted him to do well in the tournament until that point. Very impressed with Tipsarevic.

wr8_utd

Couldnt believe what a dick Roddick made of himself last nite. feck me, did he go on about that footfault or what. If it was so obvious it had to have been his left foot, then why did he ask 'Which foot?' in the first place :houllier:

I had wanted him to do well in the tournament until that point. Very impressed with Tipsarevic.
When Roddick goes mad, he really does go crazily mad. Hope he gets a fine the way Serena had got. And maybe even some sort of ban.