US Politics

Amarsdd

Ok, its from some time ago and I didn't know where exactly to post this "debate" but it is something. I had never heard of this black conservative Jesse Lee Peterson but, even though I don't always agree with Destiny, I love how he just trolls Jesse through the debate with a sly smile. And I usually like people to toe to toe with these sort of conservatives in debates/discussions but I loved this tact from Destiny. And listening to this Jesse guy and his callers, you can see exactly what the conservative media has done to the minds of people here and you don't really have to wonder how Trump still got 74+ million votes.

btw this link has some streamer's reaction but you can easily find the original version whom I don't want to give the clicks to.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The feck is going on here?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/us/florida-search-warrant-raid-rebekah-jones-invs/index.html

Florida police raid home of former state Covid-19 data scientist
Florida police raided the home of a former state coronavirus data scientist on Monday, escalating a feud between the state government and a data expert who has accused officials of trying to cover up the extent of the pandemic.
Bullshit charges that she hacked into a state of Florida portal & tried to incite some kind of uprising. Complete horseshit.

Little man syndrome by the spark plug DeSantis.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Jessie is like Hannibal Buress in his speech delivery but not funny.

Is he playing the black man conservative role as a con or does he truly believe the bullshit he spouts?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://futurehuman.medium.com/scie...al-agents-on-portland-protesters-5b56ac20a624

By July, Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland had become accustomed to the gray, black, and colorless tear gas that wafted through the city streets every night. But that month, they started seeing plumes of an unusual green smoke, too. Puddles of greenish residue seeped into the city’s storm drains. Human rights advocates and conservationists called on the local government to investigate the environmental impact of these chemical weapons, which had been deployed by the police, but no new chemicals were identified to the public.
HC is a highly regulated toxin, labeled as a “likely carcinogen” and skin irritant by the Environmental Protection Agency. Eye masks and gloves are recommended for people who handle the chemical. Defense Technologies, an imprint of Pennsylvania-based security equipment manufacturer Safariland, markets the HC canisters as “military-style” smokers, even though the U.S. military actually stopped using HC in grenades in the 1990s due to its extreme toxicity.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Bullshit charges that she hacked into a state of Florida portal & tried to incite some kind of uprising. Complete horseshit.

Little man syndrome by the spark plug DeSantis.
You can be sure too it's just going to look worse and worse as more info comes out.

Pulling guns on kids in their own house too, feck sake.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
watching that 'raid' on her home by those cops really shows how fcucked up this country is.
as if we needed that with all the other police BS going on....

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
watching that 'raid' on her home by those cops really shows how fcucked up this country is.
as if we needed that with all the other police BS going on....
Wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled up to her house in an APC.

Judge who signed off on raid has only been a lawyer a few years & was only on the bench for a month when he signed the search warrant. Father is a longtime Republican major donor. Sounds totally legit.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
JUST IN: Former Bernie Campaign Co-Chair Nina Turner Files to Run for Congress

Former Bernie Sanders presidential campaign co-chair Nina Turner has filed paperwork to launch a run for Congress, pursuing a House seat that would become vacant if President-elect Joe Biden’s HUD Secretary-Designate, Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH), is confirmed to her cabinet post.

According to FEC records, Turner filed a statement of organization for “Nina Turner for US” committee on Wednesday, giving a P.O. box in Cleveland as its headquarters. Fudge currently represents Ohio’s 11th district, which also encompasses that city.

Turner, an outspoken progressive, was previously an Ohio state senator from 2008 – 2014 and then ran, and lost, Ohio’s 2014 secretary of state race. After the 2016 campaign, Turner became president of the Our Revolution, the progressive political organization that was an off-shoot of Sanders’ failed campaign. When the Vermont senator again ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, Turner came aboard as Sanders’ campaign co-chair.

After Sanders’ primary defeat by Biden, Turner expressed her very pubic dissatisfaction with the choices in the 2020 general election, comparing the choice of voting for Biden or Trump as the difference between eating half or a whole “bowl of shit,” respectively.

A Monday story on Cleveland.com explained that if Fudge were to be confirmed, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) would have to call a special election to replace her in the House of Representatives. The site named Turner as well as several Ohio state legislators as possible candidates for the open seat.
Wish her the best of luck.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If you had a pet in this condition, you’d have to start thinking about mercy.
Her history suggests she deserves no mercy. Wrap her in the confederate flag she loves so much and (metaphorically) burn her on a pile of corporate lobbiest money.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

The case in question is relatively sleepy, with no protesting crowds or eager reporters waiting in the wings. Facebook v. Duguid asks whether a 29-year-old law, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, applies to all telemarketing calls or only governs calls made using technology that was available in 1991 when the law was originally passed. This seemingly small point carries widespread consequences. If Facebook prevails, telemarketers everywhere will be freed from the TCPA’s most effective restrictions, which ban live calls to your cellphone. This means more spam calls (and you thought it was bad already).

The ruling class should be in free fall over a sarlacc pit.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

The ruling class should be in free fall over a sarlacc pit.
The most effective way to deal with this would be to get Thomas, ACB, Alito, NK, and Gorsitches cell numbers and sign them up. For. Every. Possible. Service.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Screenshot since he routinely deletes his tweets.

Something that infuriated me was that "liberal" networks followed the "higher taxes" raming of M4A without considering the very obvious "lower spending" (it's why Warren came up with an absurd employer head-tax to avoid being asked that question). These networks have supposedly learnt sine 2016 that Trump's lies can ad should be directly called out, and CNN and MSNBC take great pleasure is doing that, but they still adopt right-wing ideology everywhere else.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
How big of an issue is that in the US? How many spam calls do you receive per week over there?
I get about two/day. Includes at least 3 recorded messages in Chinese (I think) a week.
It happened at work one time and I happened to be standing next to a Chinese-American colleague of mine so I handed her my phone and told her "it's for you". Her confused look until she listened to the call was funny.
Yeah, I'm still working there and so is she.

GiddyUp

How big of an issue is that in the US? How many spam calls do you receive per week over there?
I got a spam call from my own number back in July. I also pay for a land line but no phone hooked up but I use the number when I don't want to give out my cell. It receives about 25 calls a day.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Of course, as predicted, it gets worse. Reading the thread I'm not sure they even had their warrant when they did it. She asked them for it and only got it three hours later.
I joked earlier that they may have ridden in an APC to her house. Probably not, but who knows with this mentality.