g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

US Politics

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have serious issues when Pols do this. It is going to cost the State millions to hold a special election to fill the seat. For goodness sake, you were just elected, and it is only a 2 year term.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I have serious issues when Pols do this. It is going to cost the State millions to hold a special election to fill the seat. For goodness sake, you were just elected, and it is only a 2 year term.

I don't think an elected member of parliament should have the option to just quit. By the Norwegian Constitution, anyone who is elected is obligated to sit their term. And that's four years, not just the two that this guy was elected for.

Technically it also means that someone can get elected against their will, and they would have no choice but to sit. Realistically it's not going to happen, since the parties draw up their own lists.

GiddyUp

Sexual assault and child abuse is considered collateral damage among conservatives

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is Polack derogative?

So... assuming this is a long-term thing, it's just going to lead to a massive brain-drain in Florida, right?
Perhaps. This, coupled with potentially losing all AP courses, could severely hamper public high school education in FL.

The word ‘Polack’ is derogatory over here.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

Red states would be a third world country without the blue state teet to suckle on.
Yep.

Those red states would be the same kind of mess as certain countries in Central America right now.

On a different front though, some people just don't learn from history at all. Get thrown in a pit full of pigs, Abbott.

MarylandMUFan

Yep.

Those red states would be the same kind of mess as certain countries in Central America right now.

On a different front though, some people just don't learn from history at all. Get thrown in a pit full of pigs, Abbott.

I know this is not why they are doing it but foreign ownership of properties is crippling the housing market in the U.S. Especially in places like Hawaii where foreign investors are driving up the prices of housing causing massive numbers of working homeless.

RedDevilQuebecois

I know this is not why they are doing it but foreign ownership of properties is crippling the housing market in the U.S. Especially in places like Hawaii where foreign investors are driving up the prices of housing causing massive numbers of working homeless.
I know that, but targeting specific groups is not the way to go. It's either a one-size-fits-all measure or it's nothing. In Canada, the 2-year Prohibition on the Purchase of Residential Property by Non-Canadians Act entered in effect on January 1st and targets everyone not a Canadian citizen. I have never heard anyone from the political class publicly saying the ban applies to one or more specific groups.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That happens the world over, you trying buying a house in the UK, it's much worse than the US

MarylandMUFan

I know that, but targeting specific groups is not the way to go. It's either a one-size-fits-all measure or it's nothing. In Canada, the 2-year Prohibition on the Purchase of Residential Property by Non-Canadians Act entered in effect on January 1st and targets everyone not a Canadian citizen. I have never heard anyone from the political class publicly saying the ban applies to one or more specific groups.
I agree 100%.