Van Gaal (United) vs Koeman (Southampton)

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why has Koeman managed to get Southampton playing so cohesively, yet we're still such a work in progress?
To be fair, Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin and Wanyama were there last season and they're playing the same system.

That midfield three of Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Davis read each other really well and that's where they get their base from.

Aiderweireld in for Lovren isn't too hard, Bertrand for Shaw and then replacing Lallana and Lambert upfront with Tadic and Pelle.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I've just put this in another thread but this is probably a better place for it... Koeman made average players look good and LVG made expensive players look laboured.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
To be fair, Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin and Wanyama were there last season and they're playing the same system. That midfield three of Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Davis read each other really well.
I've done this debate to death much earlier in the thread - Southampton still lost half their starting eleven. The keeper changed, they lost half their back line, their captain and creative impulse moved, and their first choice strikers from last season haven't featured (Lambert left and Rodriguez has been injured). They were widely touted for relegation at the start of this season, understandably given the disruption.

Fact is, we've spent a fortune and are being served up garbage football under a coach who is making beyond strange tactical decisions. It's unacceptable for us to be a point behind Southampton at this stage of the season. Some may not like to see it, but there's a malaise setting in at United - the results over the last five games have taken us from shoo-ins for third to worrying about managing top four.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Koeman > LVG.

Amazing achievement by saints so far this season to lose the spine of the team and their best players and still get them into this position is really good work.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
I've just put this in another thread but this is probably a better place for it... Koeman made average players look good and LVG made expensive players look laboured.
I'm noticing this a bit myself, great/expensive players are coming to this club and regressing or losing form, young players are coming to this club and failing to develop.

roykeane19

I agree, made the same point in match day thread today, Its really puzzling how we are playing so shit, despite some really great attacking playersie, mata, herrera, di maria, rvp, rooney, januzaj, falcao