Van Gaal, who will he Schweinsteiger?

FromTheBench

Valencia's crossing has been poor but he's done alright as RWB. His deep in his own half play has been pretty good as his techique and one touch passes inwards of his right. His physical attributes mean he can carry the ball well too and bully players.

Obviously needs to add in attacking side but it's not as a much a liability as it was when he was playing RW.

Adebesi

Was reminded of this thread by someone mentioning that LVG is trying to schweinsteiger Rooney. The use of schweinsteiger as a verb is something I want to support.

It looks like he is indeed schweinsteigering Rooney. He's already schweinsteigered the shit out of Young, Valencia had already been partially schweinsteigered before LVG arrived. And there's clearly been a little schweinsteigering going on with Carrick as well.

So quite a lot of schweinsteigering. It's still a bit too early to say how well these players will take to being schweinsteigered tho. I'm not sure any of them stand out as candidates for schweinsteiger of the year. Rooney will bring something to the team wherever he plays but so far I still prefer him up front.

Trizy

Carrick can be Schwiensteigered into a ball playing CB.. need to wait for Blind to return though.

Red Stone

Can we translate the verb from the German "zu schweinsteigeren"* to the English "to pigmount"?

Van Gaal is trying to pigmount Rooney into midfield.

I like it. Great mouthfeel to the word.

*My German is shite. Any proficient German speakers needn't be offended by my incompetence if I fecked that up somehow.

Trizy

Can we translate the verb from the German "zu schweinsteigeren"* to the English "to pigmount"?

Van Gaal is trying to pigmount Rooney into midfield.

I like it. Great mouthfeel to the word.

*My German is shite. Any proficient German speakers needn't be offended by my incompetence if I fecked that up somehow.
Thought it was Pig Farmer?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I too fully endorse the use of both schweinsteiger and pigmount as verbs.

JUPITER

Rooney is interesting. SAF was toying with the idea, and with Scholes' recent comments, maybe we need to take a chance and convert him to a CM.
We don't - we need to buy a world class CM and play Rooney in his own position as a striker.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Carrick can be Schwiensteigered into a ball playing CB.. need to wait for Blind to return though.
I'll believe that when I see it, the instincts of a good center back seem to take longer to develop than any other position, imo, except perhaps goal keeper.

Time isn't on Carrick's side.

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
Blackett was the very first to be pigmounted from left back to centre back.
Also van Gaal schweinsteigered Alaba at Bayern, didn't he?

Alaba is a genus of sea snails, so he snailed him into left back and did it very quickly.

Also McNair was badstubered into first team.

LR7

I'm not sure Carrick and Valencia count. Every season they seem to spend a spell at CB and RB respectively, even under Fergie. I still prefer Carrick in CM so maybe I'm a tad reluctant to think he's been schweinsteigered permanently.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
schweinsteiger is a much, much better verb than pigmount.

Was reminded of this thread by someone mentioning that LVG is trying to schweinsteiger Rooney. The use of schweinsteiger as a verb is something I want to support.

It looks like he is indeed schweinsteigering Rooney. He's already schweinsteigered the shit out of Young, Valencia had already been partially schweinsteigered before LVG arrived. And there's clearly been a little schweinsteigering going on with Carrick as well.

So quite a lot of schweinsteigering. It's still a bit too early to say how well these players will take to being schweinsteigered tho. I'm not sure any of them stand out as candidates for schweinsteiger of the year. Rooney will bring something to the team wherever he plays but so far I still prefer him up front.
Beautiful.

Trizy

schweinsteiger is a much, much better verb than pigmount.

Beautiful.
I dunno, As powerful and angry as the name sounds, Pigmount has a better ring to it as it actually sounds like a verb or even an adjective expressing some sort of variation :lol:

Adebesi

For me pigmount makes it sound crude which is a bit of a distraction. It risks beckoning any conversation in which it's used into the realms of innuendo.

People here are trying to schweinsteiger the word itself.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
From the Newcastle presser, I think it's pretty clear that Rooney is the one who is going to be "Schweinsteigered", "pig-mounted" or whatever the term is. Although, with the 3-5-2 and our lack of fullbacks, the same could be said for half of our squad at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm not getting that at all. It would be ridiculously stupid to do so, too.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
"Van Gaal should try to Schweinsteiger Anderson into a footballer"

-Herrera, Dec 2014

From now on I only post what Herrera tells me to.

Adebesi

Which has been his most surprising schweinsteiger?

Rooney into midfield wasn't a surprise. You might agree with it or you might not but nobody can be surprised, the possibility of him playing in midfield has long been discussed and SAF especially liked playing him there.

Young isn't that surprising either, given the shape of Van Gaal's teams and the lack of cover at left back. What has been surprising is more how well he's done there.

Carrick has also played in defense before and it's hardly surprising given the injury crisis.

You could argue none of these represent real schweinsteigerings, if that term implies it comes out of nowhere, is some kind of inspired call by Van Gaal nobody else would have made.

Does anyone think the real schweinsteigering is maybe still to come? How quickly did he schweinsteiger schweinsteiger? What kind of timetable are we likely to be working on here?

Fahad Jawaid

Has anybody else noticed how LVG first tried to play Kagawa, and then Mata in CM positions, although Kagawa was played there in preseason, and Mata lately, even when Herrera has been on the pitch, he has played behind Herrera, with Herrera occupying the AM position, i found it weird, i thought it would be other way around, so would Mata be classified as Schweinsteigered?

Walters_19_MuFc

Has anybody else noticed how LVG first tried to play Kagawa, and then Mata in CM positions, although Kagawa was played there in preseason, and Mata lately, even when Herrera has been on the pitch, he has played behind Herrera, with Herrera occupying the AM position, i found it weird, i thought it would be other way around, so would Mata be classified as Schweinsteigered?
I've noticed Van Gaal has only played Mata in the centre midfield position when playing with a holding midfielder (Carrick) and a box to box destroyer (Fellaini). However, I'm pretty sure Van Gaal wouldn't play Mata in centre midfield if partnered with Herrera or Di Maria, as it'll probably be to lightweight. I guess it's about finding the right balance, but I personally feel Mata will be replaced by a proper centre midfielder next season.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Was Schweini ever really a winger? I thought he was always a natural CM who was shoehorned to the wing due to heavy competition. His skill set has always suited a CM better than a winger.
Yep, I was definitely a winger. Had the fancy hair do, pretty girlfriend and playboy lifestyle to go with it :D Now I'm an engine room hardman

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Van Gaal clearly saw something in Schweinsteiger that made him switch the player from the wing to central midfield. This turned out to be a shrewd move by the manger and shows he has a great understanding of his player's attributes.

The question is, do you think there is anyone in our current squad that Van Gaal may decide is better suited playing in an alternative position?
Well, now we know. As it turns out, it's almost all of them.

Adebesi

Van Gaal has met representatives of The Glazers in a secret location to discuss the possibility of changing our name to Schweinsteiger United.

Honestly, that moment when Van Persie went off and we had Rooney playing in Di Maria's position and Di Maria in Rooney's was almost surreal. Schweinsteiger squared.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Di Maria was already Schweinsteigered into a midfielder last year. Why is Van Gaal trying to pigmount him into another position? Bad times. :(

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Can't help but think he's trying to do this with Rooney and Di Maria and it's a colossal waste.
He wants pace upfront, Di Maria and Wilson is his two options. Now that Wilson has scored a goal maybe we will see Di Maria positioned deeper.

dsch

He's discovered that Fellaini can sometimes play in midfield?

AttackingFlair

What he did with Ashley Young was actually good for the team because Young wasn't good enough as a winger. What he's doing with Rooney and Di Maria is stupid as they're both good enough in their actual positions. Rooney was our most in form attacker and now he's playing shit as a centre mid. Di Maria was world class in midfield last year, he's now playing shit as a striker.

Don't understand why you would kill the positives of our team. This shit is really pissing me off.